Stroller Question

KateCardwell

Reaction score
So, this past couple of weeks I've been researching which stroller to buy. We had a pretty stretchy budget (my parents are giving us the stroller as a gift), but didn't want to go overboard (the stroller I really wanted was the Stokke. It's soo gorgeous! But way too expensive. I thought about looking for an used one, but my OH is completely against it. He says it's better for us to have a less expensive stroller that is new). So I narrowed it down to three options (the EVO, the Bee and the B-Ready) and I wanted to know if any of you girls had any experience with any of those (or the brands) and could tell me what you thought of it. I'm partial to the Bugaboo Bee, but being the most expensive of the three (about $650, the EVO is $399 and the B-Ready is on sale for $375), it's gotta be really worth it. If you had other strollers, which one did you get? Would you recommend it?

I've had none of them but do you have iCandy over there? I have had the Cherry since LO was 4 months old and I love it, it cost me £320 (without carrycot or carseat, just a seat unit) and it's definitely worth the money :)

To be honest, with our first, we went to walmart and got a graco travel system... I think it was $180 at the time, but it came with the infant seat/base/stroller... Ive never even heard of the strollers youve listed :p Sorry I dont help :haha:

yeah we went to walmart and got a nice travel system its graco its very safe and reliable its pretty and better the travel system is called "Sadie" which is also gonna be our daughter s name so its really cute and its was $140:)

the best advise I can give is try before you buy!! I was so in love with my pram before I got it and I still think its beautiful but its so difficult to use and kinda badly made :/ its ok in pram mode but in pushchair mode it won't turn. At all. I wish I'd been more open minded when pram shopping but I was obsessed with getting a pram that looked like a pram but didn't cost 600 quid! Plus this one is leopard print so I was like "sold!"

Tbh of I had unlimited funds I'd but every pram and buggy I see! I'm such a pramwhore xD

Yes try before you buy!!

I got a Mamas and Papas travel system that has always been my 'dream pram' got it and started to not like it when LO was 3 months old as he couldn't face me, it was bulky and hard to steer. Cost bloody £400 ($608) With my iCandy I spent 20 minutes in the shop playing with it and another :haha:

Well, personally I'm eyeballing a travel system from kmart that I loveee. Its about $180. No idea what its called, but its cute. Now I just have to buy it.. lol.

I've been looking at a Peg Perego pram I like, it's also on the expensive side at over $600 AUD but it's convertible so I can have LO facing me or facing away, it lasts til they're about 4 years old, folds up nice and small (I have a little boot in my car) and has a really high safety rating and really good reviews on the product review website. I think if you can afford the one you want and you've toyed with it and knows its worth the cash,
Go for it!

I haven't heard of any of those either sorry. But as its been said don't buy it without trying it first. My #1 stroller was discontinued so I bought my second choice which is a graco travel system it was 400 dollars I love my stroller. But the carseat is so annoying n honestly I wouldnt have bout it knowing how it is even tho I love it.

Ive bought a bugaboo cameleon, i just love the carrycot for when their newborns, everyone i know whos bought a bugaboo falls in absolute love with them and cant recommend them enough, i like a pram that is light and easy to push aswel as looking gorgeous and that is what all the bugaboos are like.. kate middleton has apparently already bought hers in royal blue ;) .. i wish id discovered bugaboos with my first, im a pram addict and love that you can buy custom covers/seat liners/footmuffs etc for them so if i get bored i can buy a new hood or something along them lines :)
incase you hadnt guessed already id say get the bugaboo you wont be disappointed at all!xxxx

I have to say though, So far weve opted.out of a travel system, and have gotten a convertible carseat, suitable for 5lbs to 70, a stroller was given to us, and Ive got a wrap to carry baby in.

I've got the Evo. My friend has it too and she says she loves it. Very light, easy to fold, can attach car seat and can also use the seat unit from birth. You can have baby facing you or facing forwards so for me it's ideal.

I've had none of them but do you have iCandy over there? I have had the Cherry since LO was 4 months old and I love it, it cost me £320 (without carrycot or carseat, just a seat unit) and it's definitely worth the money :)
We do have iCandy here, but it's very expensive ($700 and $800 strollers) and kind of unpractical (because the brand is relatively new around here, some accessories are very hard to find). I will look into it though, maybe it's worth it. Thanks!

To be honest, with our first, we went to walmart and got a graco travel system... I think it was $180 at the time, but it came with the infant seat/base/stroller... Ive never even heard of the strollers youve listed :p Sorry I dont help :haha:

No problem, thanks for replying anyway. We checked out some Graco travel systems, but they're really not what we're looking for (I'd prefer something a little more on the modern side). Thanks!

the best advise I can give is try before you buy!! I was so in love with my pram before I got it and I still think its beautiful but its so difficult to use and kinda badly made :/ its ok in pram mode but in pushchair mode it won't turn. At all. I wish I'd been more open minded when pram shopping but I was obsessed with getting a pram that looked like a pram but didn't cost 600 quid! Plus this one is leopard print so I was like "sold!"

Tbh of I had unlimited funds I'd but every pram and buggy I see! I'm such a pramwhore xD

I feel you! I love strollers. And yes, we plan on trying them out before buying. Thank you!

I've got the Evo. My friend has it too and she says she loves it. Very light, easy to fold, can attach car seat and can also use the seat unit from birth. You can have baby facing you or facing forwards so for me it's ideal.

That's great! And was it easy to assemble?

We do have iCandy here, but it's very expensive ($700 and $800 strollers) and kind of unpractical (because the brand is relatively new around here, some accessories are very hard to find). I will look into it though, maybe it's worth it. Thanks!

I love mine, the Cherry is the cheaper one but again I didn't need a carseat or carrycot with mine so it would come out more expensive for you x

i have seen a bunch at the malls with the EVO. guess it's good lol looks nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->