Struggling with when to start mat leave?

1sttimemama2b

Reaction score
I know everyone is different and this is a personal decision. But I'm just curious when ladies are leaving work. I guess I feel torn. Some days I feel like I should try to stick it out as long as I can because I need the money as I won't be returning to my job after baby comes. On the other hand I am tired!! I'm not sleeping well and my job is physically demanding at times (I take care of a 2 1/2 year old). I feel like wuss if I don't tough it out till the end some days. Then other days I feel guilty for working so much because I wonder if I'm hurting the baby or myself. I was planning on going to 38 weeks. But now I'm thinking I need to cut back hours soon. My boss asked me a month ago how i was feeling and said to let her know if I want to cut back. But I was feeling fine then so she continues to schedule me for 9-10 hour shifts some days. It's just getting really tough. But then again we could use the money since i won't be working soon. I feel so torn!!

I apologize because I think I posted this same topic already.

It's a tough one isn't it? I was in a similar position, I will be going back after 9months leave but needed to work as long as possible so i earned as much as possible. I was going to work until 38weeks but it was starting to really drain me. I got really bad pelvic girdle pain and was like a zombie by the time I got home. I didn't feel safe on the drive home either as was so tired and didn't have anyone who could give me a lift. I stopped at 36weeks and so far have spent most of my days in bed, it's made such a difference being able to have a nap a few times a day and just take things at my own pace. I definitely made the right decision for me but everyones different. Sorry if that's not much help but all I'd say is listen to your body, bubs needs a healthy rested mummy as well as funds in the bank. Xx

I'm due end of June and I'm leaving end of May. so I'll be 35ish weeks.

That's enough for me, would love to leave earlier as I work long days in a shop so on my feet for 9 hours a day and it's killing my back legs and feet and my boss doesn't seem to think it's a problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->