****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Ditto to Itsychiks post ! I'd be saying the same to everyone.
Thanks everyone too.

Boo tho think I'm getting sick :( massive sore throat. Can barely swallow (no tonsils but could be imbedded tonsillitis) and all stuffed up. Boo. May have to bite the bullet and take most of tomorrow off and pop to doctor too. I'll have to teach at least 2-3 hours tho as it's exam students and last lessons before. Cannot believe I'm sick. Boo. Just don't have time for this and won't be paid if I don't work. But I'm not taking any chances. Pregnancy means lower immune systems and longer recovery so if rest is on order then so be it.

Bring on Easter holls :)

Morning!

Lolley - sorry to hear what you are going through must be a nightmare, I hiope everything works itself out for you.

Lilly - glad to hear MW went ok and that the bloods were OK. I am also craving sweet stuff but that isnt new I have had that for months, I have to have my daily chocolate fix which was never the case before I was pregnant!

Itsychik - sorry to hear you had such a late meeting, that would have destroyed me, I am running out the office door at 5.30 these days and shattered when i get home...

I hate my job this week and cant wait to finish, it is demanding and they have unrealistic expectations of what can be done in what time! Grrrr thank god it is almost friday...

I had a good evening yesterday, went swimming and did 16 lengths and was then knackered and then went off to pregnancy yoga which was good - I slept really well last night apart from the usual tossing and turning and kicking husband!

Does anyone else get annoyed with their other halves at night time!??! he is driving me insane!!

Hope you all have a good day x

haha Flybee, does your husband kick at night?! That's actually probably really annoying... I end up feeling guilty as I wake DH up often (on accident) with all my turning/pillow re-positioning, going to the toilet, etc. I also usually go to sleep a lot later than he does (we'll go to bed around the same time, but I usually read for another hour and he's out immediately!)

Is anyone being 'kicked' awake by their LO? I actually don't have any problems with this (yet) but I'm wondering how far along people usually are before this actually becomes a problem...

haha Flybee, does your husband kick at night?! That's actually probably really annoying... I end up feeling guilty as I wake DH up often (on accident) with all my turning/pillow re-positioning, going to the toilet, etc. I also usually go to sleep a lot later than he does (we'll go to bed around the same time, but I usually read for another hour and he's out immediately!)

Is anyone being 'kicked' awake by their LO? I actually don't have any problems with this (yet) but I'm wondering how far along people usually are before this actually becomes a problem...

Hey - he doesnt kick but he does roll onto his back into the middle of the bed! I then try and move him back and he gets the right grump hehe
He also wants to cuddle! I love him very much but night time isnt the time to drape himself over me when i am already boiling hot and uncomfy and his dead weight is heavy! I feel bad as he is feeling very neglected at the moment but sleeping isnt easy anyhow without all of this!! :shrug:

I am not being woekn by LO at all, in fact most nights when I wake LO is really quiet and not really kicking or moving...

LO is on the move today am sure it is doing somersaults and changing position constantly today!

@Flybee I'm impressed with your swimming, I bought pregnancy exercise dvds and did them exactly one. No motivation / energy / constant aches and pains are my excuses!

Well its official, DH will be unemployed as of 5 May. He's started looking for jobs so hopefully he'll find something before our (limited) savings run out. I thank God that I get full pay for 26 weeks when I start maternity leave otherwise I would've had to leave an infant and go back to work early.

Oh, forgot to say, we're going for our first NHS antenatal class tonight, hope its good.

let us know how it goes mama afrika sorry to here about your hubbys job hope he finds something soon!!

is anyone else doing antenatal classes?? was told by my midwife to look into it but umm i havent lol!

thanks mama afrika - to be fair that is the only time i have swum since being pregnant, i keep meaning to go at least once a week but it just doesnt happen!
sorry to hear about your husbands job, hopefully something will come up soon for you both.

i am doing antenatal classes with NCT and they start at the beginning of May - I am very excited / nervous about them....

let us know how the 1st class goes mama afrika

hooray for friday tomorrow - bring on the weekend and some sleeping time!!

my LO kicks me at night ALL the time, last night she did a really funny move that felt like she was stretching out her arms and legs at the same time, I had things poking out my tummy on both sides at the same time, felt SO weird! bless her, i'm so excited to meet her now i just hope time doesn't drag from now til June.

so excited to meet my baby bean!!!!!!!

Mine kicks all night too, it sometimes feels like an alien inside me!

We really enjoyed the antenatal class. It was over 2 hours, first hour with a physiotherapist talking about the effects of pregnancy on the body and how to manage them e.g. Spd, cramps, pelvic floor exercises. The second hour was with a midwife talking about the onset of labour. It was really beneficial for DH, he's massaging my feet as we speak as he appreciates what I'm going through now.

lilly - my LO seems to stretch out to the side all the time! Quite uncomfy but love being able to feel bum & head (am guessing here!!) It also seems to try and get its head / bum up into my ribs every day now!

Mine is quite quiet at night time occassionally I will wake up and feel little kicks but nothing too hectic!

Mama afrika - am glad the class went well, cant wait to start my NCT classes, apparently in the 1st one they take the husbands away and put loads of food / water into a carrier bag which will be the additional weight we should be carrying at full term, will be interesting to see hubbies reaction! I am struggling already with the extra weight!

yay for you hun :) its weird being in third tri i havent posted much in there but it weird being in the same part as ladies who are giving birth and what not!! will be us soon!

haha Strawberry, I agree with you! I've been slowly transitioning over to 3rd trim in the past week, and it seems full of people going into labour and posting birth stories! I love reading about what to expect, but I feel so out-of-my-league!

MamaAfrika- maybe my DH should take that class... if that will get him to massage my feet afterwards :haha: sweet of your DH!

hi everyone

Lolley so sorry to hear about your dh getting redundancy letter, hope the meeting went well today fx'd for you both you must be quite stressed!

Lilly glad your vein is 'normal' and mw appoint went well I think we all have dozy moments more than normal the moment though!

Mama so sorry to hear your dh is going to be out of his employment :hugs: good luck to him for finding another job, fx'd for you guys also

I'm lucky so far lo isn't keeping me awake yet but it is very active at night just not through the night whilst sleeping thankfully and becoming higher up also, going to ask mw on monday how to figure out which way lo is laid if I can

Not going to antenatal, we decided after speaking to friends about what happens.

Got the Fisher Price Rainforest Mobile on offer in Tesco's today think it was £24 so great buy as some places sell for £44, very happy with that!

Hope everyone is well today and Starglow is feeling better xx

Hi all, very productive day today, went a bought a greenhouse! woop, I'm actually a bit too excitied about it...

Going on a date with husband tonight :) we are going to pizza express, I've been craving one of their pizzas for so long now! Even bought a new outfit to wear, ok so it was only a vest top and new cardy and necklace...

Mama afrika glad you enjoyed the classes. I'm not bothering this time round, I still remember it from last time.

Is eveyone into the 3rd Tri now?? xx

@lolley I pray that something will work out for you both, I know how you must be feeling.

hey everyone
god i'm sooooo exhausted today. did a shoot for Now magazine, tons of makeup, models, me on my feet all day, my lower back was killing me!! everyone commented on my bump though which was nice, they all wanted to feel it! Luckily i'm not bothered by bump touchers.
Foxforce i'm not going to antenatal or nct either. I didn't go before with Kai, only after I went to a post natal group. I have lots of friends who are having babies along with me so i'm sure i won't be too lonely, plus i'm starting pregnancy yoga!

Yeah i haven't posted in third tri yet, well i've replied on a few things .. but it's weird being in there! Roll on summer and our sweet little summer cupcakes :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->