****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

I really should find a pregnancy yoga class too. Used to love yoga. Also should go do aqua fit with this ex army guy who's amazing but not sure I'd be seen in a swimsuit lol.

Feeling lots better. Still all stuffed up but I took the day off yesterday to recover and stopped painkillers. Hubby still really sick with flu.

Bit of housework to do then I'm having a girlie day with a bestie.

Forcing myself to calm down on the nesting thing. A bit of mess isn't the end of the world lol.

My baby kicks usually very first thing, a little throughout the day and again in the evening. Not disrupting my sleep as of yet. Woohoo just 1 week till my 3d scan. So looking forward to it. :)

Hopefully I'll find some clothes today after a yummy lunch.

It was a tough week ..... Apart from being ill, it would have been my mums birthday and the anniversary of her passing plus today is 7 years since her funeral. Mothers day tomorrow! Phew! But I came home during the week to a massive bouquet of flowers in mums memory and mothersday from bump and hubby. Awwww. How lovely.

Hope you all have a great day. Take it easy everyone xxx

Aww Starglow, must be difficult for you. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

Thanks hun. Looking on the bright side today and at least I'm feeling a bit better. How are you?

2 Apr 2011 - 8 Apr 2011

Awwwww look what my app says: ( quite a relief about surviving in the outside world):flower:

Your Baby
Are you dreaming about your baby? This week, your baby may be dreaming about you, too. Brain wave activity measured in a developing fetus shows different sleep cycles, including the rapid eye movement phase, the stage when dreaming occurs.

By now, your baby, who weighs in at about two and a half pounds and stands — or rather lies — at almost 16 inches (measured head to toe) has added blinking to his or her growing bag of tricks. (Outside in the real world, blinking is necessary to help keep foreign objects out of the eyes.) Other impressive new talents being added to your baby's roster in the womb include coughing, more intense sucking, and, perhaps most important, better breathing.

The good news is that babies born this week, though premature, have an excellent prognosis because their lungs have reached the point (for the most part) of maturity — so you too can breathe a little easier now. Of course, it's still best if a baby doesn't check out of that uterine hotel just yet — there's still a lot of growing and maturing to do over the next 12 weeks.

aww Starglow :hugs: I'm sorry this is a rough week for you... but I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope your hubby is better soon too!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The weather in NL today is expected to be 20 degrees (almost 70 degrees farenheit!) and sunny! :) Looking forward to it...

haha Starglow... "it's still best if a baby doesn't check out of that uterine hotel just yet..." how cute!

16 inches... it's hard to imagine baby that big!!

I'm hoping baby makes an appearance around 38 weeks :) The chances are unlikely, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

I know!!!!!! Hehe.

Well ladies I made my first thread in third tri earlier! You should all come over and mob the place while there's an 'early 3rd tri' thread going lol. Safety in numbers and all that haha!

Eek 3rd tri!

Hi all

Sorry about this been a rough week Starglow how lovely of your dh though, very thoughtful of him :D Hope you have a productive day shopping!

Itsy wow that's a great forecast for you in NL I hope it comes true, they forecasted a good day yesterday for us here but it turned out to be so windy and cloudy :( It is warm here but cloudy and threatening to rain, oh well.

I haven't been doing my pregnancy yoga for a few weeks now, always something else that needs to be done. I must get back into it.
I'm just making egg and hash brown butties before the afternoons football, both my team and dh's are on tv so it may be lively in our house, good job the neighbours are away!

Hope you all have a good weekend, speak soon xx

Oooooohhhhh I bought under the bump black jeans and a black wrap cardi from mamas and papas with discount. Yay! OMG tho my feet are swollen from Shopping all day. Shattered. Nice to be home x

Yay congrats on the purchases! :dance: I ordered some jeans from asos the other day as having a nightmare getting some that fit how I want from Next, M&P's etc. Fx'd they fit ok I've gone for the boyfriend fit.

I have found my ankles to be swelling slightly these last couple of days but more my left side.

Oh and forgot to say ordered my change bag a Storksak Elizabeth, so happy got the one I was really loving, can't wait till it comes :cloud9:

Cool!
Well these ones are very light weight straight leg. Yay. Good luck with your jeans. These were the first trousers to fit in ages.

I tried on so many non maternity clothes - floaty skirts and tops and nothing worked well! Going up sizes just makes me look huge and then there's acres of material at the back lol. Thinking I'll keep stretching my own clothes and have The excuse to buy more after baby lol

I know I have realised that I'd rather wear fitted maternity clothes as they don't make you look fat and frumpy! Any excuse to buy more clothes huh I am surprised at how much I have bought I didn't think I would buy this much but comfort is main aim.

Well we have another 3 months to go still plus afterwards! It's important to feel good I think. I really want a long skirt still with elasticated waist and one that's not see through lol

I've hardly bought any maternity clothes, although I did buy some linen trousers off ebay the other day. I'm too poor to splash out.

Just found out this evening that my next door neighbour is pregnat, we just bumped into each other at sainsburys. We kinda keep ourselves to ourselves but I think I should invite her over for a cuppa and baby talk! She's 24 weeks pregnant, so not far behind x

That's amazing! Your babies might grow up together x

Happy Mothers day to you all, hope you are all doing something nice!

I woke up to a nice wet patch on my nightie...lovely leaky boobs!

Just sat in bed with the netbook and a cuppa xx

happy mothers day to you all!!! Mothers to be for some!! :flower:

Starglow hope you're ok, sorry you had a rough week. :hug: to you

Re maternity clothes, i'm not buying anymore, I know they'll go straight in the bin/back of wardrobe afterwards and like Ailey i'm too poor to splash out anymore! I'm just improvising with my own clothes and wearing a lot of leggings and tights! Am cutting my existing tights at the top as maternity ones are £10!!

Girls i'm slightly worried about my weight gain after reading that thread in third tri. A lot of ladies seem to have put on way less weight than I have at this stage, I'm nearly 28 weeks and have gained about 14lbs!! Because i'm tall I tend to carry weight well and can put on a stone or lose it without it being too obvious, so everyone says i look well but I can really feel it around my hips bum and thighs. I don't want to end up with loads to lose afterwards and feel bad about myself. Pics of abbey clancy in the papers in size 8 jeans a week after the birth don't help either!
I guess as i work in the fashion industry its very fickle and based on how you look and i work around a lot of stick thin models... am I just being shallow?
How much have you all gained so far?

Anyway I just had a piece of clotted cream fudge for breakfast (present from DS) so i'm hardly helping matters am i!! :haha:

A stone isn't much!!!! Especially if you're tall. I haven't weighed myself at all because I know I'd get upset. Ive always been really careful, or losing weight and always feel fab at a UK size 10 (sometimes 8 on top). I feel huge. Bum, legs, arms and double chin :( really feel crappy but keep telling myself I'll have the summer to get back in shape walking with lo every day. I'm 'trying' to eat better but still feel I'm eating too much.

You have an amazing figure and I'm sure you'll be back to yourself really soon after. Thing is we know our own bodies and it doesn't matter what others tell you it's how we feel Inside.

X

Also remember a lot of that weight is water. I read our legs get heavier to support the extra weight of the bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->