****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Ailey hope you're ok Hun. Strawberry I know how you feel almost dragging yourself through work dying to get home. Love our jobs but just exhausting. I'm loving just relaxing at home today.

My baby shopping list isn't too bad. I want the ziggy zebra rocker/bouncer. Same one as Strawberry. I've loved it from first time I saw it and haven't seen anything I prefer. It's gone down in price by £10 too however not in stock! I'll have to wait.

I have the fisherprice butterfly cot mobile on hold from Argos till 2moro. Again it's cheaper than before. Nice music, lights and converts to night light for toddlers, with remote control.

No idea on what changing bag to go for.
Looking at play mats too x

Starglow - gorgeous piccys :)

hch - you look fab your bump is so neat mine has gone huge all of a sudden lol

Lilly - sending :hugs: i know how you feel, im the same when the boys go away with their dad hope it goes super quick for you.

Morning all

Happy 29 weeks to us that are!

Hope your all well?! Ailey hope you feel better today :hugs:

Been busy at work yesterday, we have our Chief Exec visiting today so people are buzzing around the station grrr I will try stay out of the way.

I felt rubbish yesterday achey back/ribs, then headache with tummy ache at night :( but had a good nights sleep and feel better today so far.

Hope you all have a good day xx

Aw foxforce it's awful when you feel yuck! Hope that sleep does you good for today. X

Anyone else very spotty? I can't shift huge spots on my chin.

Also I find it hard to get to sleep every night. It takes hours of constantly waking up until I eventually go into a deep sleep. I always wake really early too.

I've booked a hair cut and colour on Thursday. I'm hoping I can go blonder. Anything to help me feel better lol. Then the friend, that last time I saw her asked if she could touch my bump and then grabbed my sides (love handles), is coming over in the evening. Hope she just reaches for my bump this time!

Work question.........
The way it works at the moment for me is I just have to get my hours In whenever I want. So next half term is 5 weeks, week off and then another 2 weeks working before maternity leave. I have the option to pull in lessons from nearer the summer which would bulk up the next 5 weeks but then depending how much I get in I could be finished working by end of may. this would be great if I have the energy. I find it tough going now which Is why I'm dreading being 37-38 weeks pregnant in last couple if weeks at work. But I don't want to over do it as I did the last 6 weeks. I did so many extra hours that I now only have to work 2 days pw for my last month. (obviously this is fab) - but I can slowly lighten those 2 days also. Lol. Sorry long winded and hard to explain but would YOU just carry on as planned till 38 weeks or get as many hours in now to get finished earlier? :)

Hope that makes sense :)

Everyone ok today?
Time is racing on xxx

Happy 29 weeks!

@starglow, I would do whatever it takes to finish earlier, I wish I could! If we're exhausted now, it will only get worse!

@foxforce, I've also had aching ribs, we must be going through a growth spurt. Its making sleep all the more difficult for me now.

starglow.. i think i would try fit all you can in now and go earlier! like weve all said work is a drag and its only going to get worse i myself couldnt imagine working till 38 weeks :/ especially when 37 weeks is like full term! .. i love the ziggy zebra bouncer its really sturdy my oh's 2 year old neice was sat in it last night and it held her in it just fine as a seat its lovely and wide!

Thanks Starglow, I have felt better today thankfully.
On the work issue, I would work as much now to get finished sooner. I will be finishing at 37 weeks, I could finish sooner but then that would mean less time at home with baby afterwards. I know we will get much tireder (if that's a word?!) still and the weather will be getter hotter hmmmm

Mama I agree I think we are having another growth spurt, as lo has been quieter movement wise than it has been the last two weeks. I wore my belly support today so that may have helped.

Hi everyone

Hope you're all good today - happy 29 weeks to some of us!!

I've been having emotional few days :cry: First of all as you guys know Kai's not here which is very hard for me, I really miss him so much (thanks Lolley for your hugs - i know you know how it feels!) My mom's also not well with suspected tumour (we don't know if benign or not yet but they think its ok - 80% chance its not cancerous) but she's having surgery and i'm so close to my mom - Its just hard she has to go through this.

Then last night I got home from work at 10pm to what I thought was DH waiting for me at home... He'd texted to say he'd gone out after work (which is fine, obviously - I wasnt' even home) But I got home to an empty house and called him 3 times with no answer - I then get a text from him saying he's coming home now he just got dragged into the pub monday night quiz - um ok. So I ask him who he's playing the quiz with, and he says just him and Rob (his business partner). I was upset and crying after I got off the phone with him as I really needed him to be home, I still hadn't heard from Kai to see if he'd landed and was feelign very frantic and alone.

So then DH gets home, a bit drunk - and I ask him who he was with at the pub, i mean who plays a quiz team with 2 people? So then after 4 times of him telling me just him and Rob, then he says, oh yeah these two women we met joined our team. WHAT!? Now i'm usually not this jealous - but I was livid - the fact that he LIED to me anyway makes it look worse!! It just feels like as soon as i'm out the way, working late - he goes out and meets two strange women then they all play the pub quiz together!? we had a massive row - he just doesn't understand that im' nearly 7 months pregnant, hormonal, my moms not very well and I had her on the phone to me in tears today too.
We made up and I DO trust him implicitly but this just really wound me up. He said he lied because he knew i'd react that way, but I said to him that he just made it a whole lot worse.

Do you think i was being unreasonable?!

Sorry for the long DH Rant!!!!

x

Thanks. Think I'll get in as much work as poss without killing myself lol

Ooh what a Fun day of baby shopping.
Got the carsear we wanted for £95 instead of £130! It's Britax and for newborn to 4 yrs which is fab.
Got the yummy ziggy zaggy rocker / bouncer for £44.99 £10 off original price. :) (love it)
Got the cot mobile £37 £5 off.
Got cute bibs, 2 tommy tippee spotters for night time just in case, sleep suits pack and lol........... About to order the dishwasher we've never had! Can't bare any more washing up especially with all the guests we have. Yay!

There are bargains out there to be had Xx

X :)

Ooh Lilly we cross posted. Aw hun sorry you're feeling so low. How strange he lied to you in the first place. At least you made up. Men really don't get how we're feeling in pregnancy. They should know better but need it spelling out to them. Think how amazing it will be when you see Kai next. Xxxxxxx

hugs lilly! sometimes men just do not think! glad you made up tho , the last thing you need is the stress of falling out with hubby and your mum , hope everything is ok with your mum, will be thinking of you all xxxx

Hi ladies!

yay! Congrats to everyone who finally made it to "squash" status!! :happydance:

@ Starglow- I have to say I agree with everyone else. If you can schedule some lessons earlier to get them out of the way then I think you'd really be able to relax and enjoy the end. Is it possible to schedule some of the lessons for earlier so you can stop between 36 - 37 weeks (like, instead of over-working yourself TOO much, just adding a few lessons on so you can stop even just a week or two earlier?)

@ Lilly- I'm sorry you've been having a tough couple of days. I'm really sorry about your mother... mine had a similar issue, but they found a tumor (in her breast) and I only found out about it "on accident" because it slipped out in a conversation-- my mother had known about it for MONTHS and hadn't told me! I wasn't pregnant at the time (but was planning my wedding, and was very stressed/emotional) and was super upset that my mom had kept it from me. She's been back several times for additional scans and the tumor is shrinking on it's own and is not cancerous (thank goodness) but I certainly know how emotional/stressful that time was. I'll keep your mom in my thoughts and hope that you also get a positive outcome!

Re: your DH, I can only agree that he probably just doesn't appreciate how the stress of everything is adding up to you. He probably lied because he was slightly drunk and not thinking straight, and I'm sorry that it ended up in a row. Glad you made up though, and I hope your week only gets better!

Thanks itsychik...... Yep think I'll just work backwards from my last day pulling lessons in here and there. The earlier I can finish the better. I'm completely loving my time off.

Lilly ....... I meant to mention about your mum. It's so hard but keep strong until you know more on the results. Hope you're ok xxx

Aww hugs Lilly, sorry to hear about you mum, hope all is ok.
and as for for your husband sometimes men just don't think. He probably didn't see that there was a problem...they never do.

I've had one crappy day at work today, can't really be bothered to go into it, but I constantly feel like I'm being picked on.

Have really bad tooth ache, one side of face hurts so bad, dentist tomorrow I think...

@Lilly sorry about your mum and I can just imagine how you feel about DH that kind of thing winds me up.

@Foxforce what belly support band do you have?

@starglow where did you go shopping? You must have everything by now!

I picked up the Tiny love sunny days playmat from John Lewis today, plus a pack of 7 bodysuits and 2 longsleeve tops all for £8 at M&S.

thanks everyone.. DH and I have talked it out now and i feel better about everything between us.
Its my moms birthday tomorrow and I SO wish i could be with her - instead i've sent a beautiful bunch of flowers on interflora and i'm seeing her on monday. she's trying to be strong for all of us (like your mom itsy, she doesn't want to worry us!) her tumour is in her cheek (salivary gland) and the surgery will cut through her facial nerve which may result in facial drooping/eye droop and slack mouth - i mean of course we really hope she's ok but she's worried she will scare kai if this happens to her! I said to her of course she wouldn't!!! and that I would give her makeovers every day to make her feel good! Its just an emotional time. thanks for all your sweet messages.

Well i'm still at work, missing my little man loads. Little bean has been having a quiet day today apart from a mammoth kick to the bellybutton while i was ordering food! Oh also something REALLY embarrassing happened to me today too - while I was doing makeup and they were filming me too, my nose started dripping blood and dripped on to my makeup, my powder - mortified! I was so embarrassed. What a horrible pg symptom!

All your things sound lovely what you've got, giving me great ideas. I'm going to wait until after my baby shower to see what I need as I may get some really useful things.

Ailey i'm sorry you had a bad day at work, and that your tooth hurts - frustrating with no pain relieft! hope tmrw is better.

Starglow i agree with everyone with your leave - i would definitley take time to rest and chill out before baby comes, believe me you'll need it!

xx

heya ladies .. hope everyones well

lilly glad to see you and DH made up .. men eh!!.. and i really hope your mum is okay.. nothing worse than the ones we love being ill is there!!

anyone watch bbc doc tonight on is breast best by cherry healey?

Morning....

Argh! I forgot about the BBC3 doc about Breast Is Best :dohh: that's with dh's footy team playing, I'll try watch on Iplayer, was it good Strawberry if you watched it?

Lilly glad you managed to make up, blooming men they are terrible aren't they, I hope it goes quick for you until Kai gets home

Mama I have a support that I got from Boots called Cantaloupe it was about £12 I do recommend :thumbup:

Right time to get some breakfast .....

Lilly- sending you even more hugs, glad you and dh are ok, i would of reacted the same way. We have always had a no lying rule and it is my biggest issue i have. Sending best wishes to your mom and happy birthday :)

Starglow- i was debating working later, but have decided against it. I agree with everyone else and would try to finish earlier. I am finishing at whitsun but my maternity starts the monday we go back. So i finish at 36 weeks but maternity starts at 37 if that makes sense!

did anyone see the new tv documentary on sky monday night at 8pm called desperate midwives? It was really good two half hour episodes back to back every monday, i think it on the channel called really. I have series linked it if anyone want me to check. I actually enjoyed it more than obem although it is more about the midwives.

I might not be on the next couple of days it is my moms bday tomorrow so were are going out for the day then were both going to Hoar Cross Hall on friday and i get my beautiful bump day :)

hey everyone - sorry i havent been on for ages, I have heaps to catch up on which I will try and do later on today...

i have been bed bound as my lower back & hips are agony, i am back in work today but still in pain and uncomfy - GP and midwife were useless so went to a lady at my chiropractors who was great.

She said my pelvis has moved out of alignment and that all the muscles, ligaments are flared up around it... she did some very gentle work and some cranial work and then sent me home to rest.... hopefully should feel back to normal by the weekend but have another appointment with her next week in case!

hope you girls are all OK, will catch up on all the posts as soon as poss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->