****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Lolley- I hope your DS is okay... how worrying! Is he home with you now? How did the tests go?

I was also up until about 1.30am... seems like it was a late night for several of us (although for very different reasons!) Today I went with MIL and SIL to a market nearby and picked out some cloth... MIL wants to make some sheets for the crib. We had a lovely time, but we walked around for about 4 hours straight! Glad to be sitting down...

What is "cream tea"?

Lilly- re: bouncy chair, we don't have one either. We're going to wait until after LO is here before picking something out, once I have a better idea of when/how often we'll actually use it. Although if you find something you like let us know! I'm interested in what everyone else likes best :)

Ooops Lolley, I was still typing when you posted!

Glad DS is back and hopefully it was a one-time occurrance! Hope he's feeling OK today!

Lolley, glad you are home now. must've been a fright, hope all the tests come back ok x

OUr bouncy chair was what we had with Amber, it's not great, just a cheapo from kiddicare.

Itsychik, a cream tea is a scone with clotted cream and jam ith a cuppa tea.
I took a picture to show you ;) It was beautiful, just what baby wanted :lol:
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/P1060683.jpg

I've been into town today and had my haircut, pick up a few more packs of maternity pads and another pack of knickers...just incase ;)

omg i love cream teas! yum yum yum!!! im going to the shops now to get some!

lolley i hope it doesnt happen again poor little mite! must have been very scary! x

i have the blue bouncer from toys r us! they do a pink version! looks snuggly :)
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...d-Rockers/Hullabazoo-Rocker-with-Toys(0081772)

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...kers/Hugs-and-Kisses-Rocker-with-Toys(0081773)

we were going to get the highchair and bouncer in one but i decided not to in the end!

hey ailey i added you on twitter but now im not sure its you! :lol:

Yes, it is me!! I am on facebook too if anyone wants to add me, it's Ailey Haigh. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on there :lol:

Ailey- that looks REALLY delicious. I love scones... but I don't know anywhere that sells them so I only get to have them a couple times a year when we're out somewhere that sells them! Hope you enjoyed it :)

re bouncy chair... I just remembered that we actually added one to our registry in the U.S. based on the reviews I read. This is the one we've asked for:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=46944407&product_skn=478135

(although I have no idea if we'll leave it at my parents house for use when we visit, or try to bring it back with us)

haha and I think I need to go through and find everyone on FB... definitely an easier way to keep in touch.

If anyone finds me first (or if I add you and you're wondering who the heck it is) my name is "Leigh Lenis" (married) or "Leigh Turpyn" (FB is weird about people searching for my married name)

love that bouncer :) tbh i love everything and anything to do with babies and shopping!

leigh lenis virginia tech? i have added you :) x

isty you could always try baking scones, they are so easy, it's just butter flour and milk x

Ailey- actually, baking scones is on my list of 'things to do' during maternity leave! I've been telling myself seriously for years that I should try it (found a recipe online) but just never got around to it. After looking at your picture though, I'm thinking I'll try this weekend! yumm!

Well girlies I was looking forward ( sadly lol ) to painting my toe nails and sorting out my feet...... Having been out theres no way I could now reach to do them lol. Maybe after teaching I'll just soak them in our foot spa thing and then attempt to take off the varnish that's already there.

Ooh just gotta go do something ....

starglow i attempted to do mine yesterday but i just couldnt do it! im booked in next thursday for a pedicure and for my nails to be done and also going to get my eyebrows threaded! then hopefully will try and sort out my bikini line with the help of lee and a mirror! plus need to dye my hair again as i found a grey one in my fringe!

I'd be embarrassed to show anyone my feet right now. I went to buy a scholl foot balm stick thing for my heals which was advertised on tv. Great idea, much easier to use than a cream but they didn't have it! Using nipple cream on my heals isn't the best lol and it's really messy to use.

I seem to have all my energy in the mornings when I can fly about doing housework etc. So teaching later isnt the best plan! Both are last lessons before maternity leave so I can't cancel.
I am SO much happier when I'm not having to work..... I'm like a different person.

Just to make everyone's mouth water, here's another cream tea!

this one was from when me and DH had a night in the cotswolds... amazing

:flower:

Starglow why don't you go and get your toes done as a treat? I do that all the time anyway :) I could never even dream of reaching my toes right now and if I could I'd make a right mess of it! Funnily enough my feet are the one thing i'm happy to show off these days.. the only part of me that's glam :haha:

Attachments

• IMG-20110420-00191.jpg
    IMG-20110420-00191.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
definately treat yourself to having them done! they cant look as bad as mine! :lol: i have had to wearflip flops for the past month as my feet have got fat and i cant fit them into my lovely shoes!

fab pic lilly! im now off to asda to get some! yummy! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->