****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

sounds like were all the same, sometime i have loads of movements, then the next day nothing so out come the doppler :)
I feel the same as Lilly though as my eldest is 10 and youngest is 7 it has been such a long time everything seems new. I can remember significant things but lots of things i cant remember at all.

We also only have a 2 bed and my boys room is massive, but we will be moving. Probably not until next year now as baby can stay with us for a while. My eldest goes to high school this September and i was thinking of giving him the room to himself. But The boys go to their dads all weekend every weekend and they are used to sharing. Where as this baby will be with us full time so think its only fair that she should have her own room.
What does everyone else think? i don't want to be selfish to my eldest!

lolley if baby had been a girl then the plan was to keep the boys sharing as to be perfectly honest they get on like a house on fire , and the girl would have her own room. i dont think your being selfish at all! girls need there space and all the pretty pink things they can get their hands on! x

Aw Lilly try not worry as it's only these last few days I felt something and movement seems to be just after eating, plus your placenta probably cushioning most of the movement.

Starglow I hope you meeting goes well with work x

Lolley it is quite a difficult decision you have there :wacko: With it been a girl and the bigger age gap I would think she would need her own room but if your moving in the next year that should resolve that....hummm not sure what to say maybe someone who's got sibling experience could help as I'm an only child and no children yet so not the best to advise :blush:

Hey - hope you are all doing well today...

lilly - i dont feel that many movements, generally little kicks when i am relaxing at home or whilst sitting at my desk.... i am noticing them more & more but maybe this is only coz I know it is baby now...

Thanks hun.

Just home. OMG the meeting was fab! Phew. Financial side of maternity leave sorted. Just need to work out if I only take 4 months leave full pay and then go back without someone stepping Into my shoes or wait the 6 months and go back in January at a cut pay of 2 months leave. But because I get back paid there'll be a 2 month period where I'll get my salary on top of my maternity pay. So in fact financially I'd be covered nov and dec. Ooh decisions.

4 months seems so little to be with my baby before putting her in childcare. 6 months feels better. But the mess I'd have to pick up back at work would be a nightmare!

Also ...... I've bought my first baby grows. Medium pink and a dark pink and a pack of cute little short sleeve White vests with gorgeous pattern. Adorable :)

Plus ladies you'll be pleased to know I bought a CUPCAKES changing mat lol! It's really sweet from baby-r-us. And I got a White with a hint of pink sheen paint tester pot to try out. Oh and muslin clothes for delightful baby sick :)

Housework next , well after I put all this pink stuff away lol.

Ooookkkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyyy I need to chill. I'm far too excitable at the mo lol.

I have a sick husband coming home from work early. Oh dear!

aww sounds like youve been busy starglow!!
we are going to start painting soon our whole flat needs doing hasnt been done since we been here so just going to paint it cream all the way through and babies room maybe a slightly darker shade but nothing too olourful as we have to paint it back when we move out! .. renting is a pain in the butt!!

i got some cute things gifted to us yesterday a gorgeous jacket for when bub is older will be great and fit him at christmas!! and my mum brought us an outift too :)

Oh fabulous news Starglow that's great. The cupcake changing mat sounds delicious lol and very apt!
All very exciting buying the baby things isn't it?

Nice to get some thing given also like that Strawberry, it all helps out

Hope your hubby isn't too ill Starglow.
I have have 30 mins till I go home - absolutely shattered today as used to having Friday off but I get Thursday and Friday off next week so be worthwhile.

Catch u all later x

aww thanks girls for all your reassuring replies - i have to say the doppler has saved me too, whenever i feel a bit paranoid or even if i just want to hear her i get it out, such a reassuring thing to have! hopefully i'll be feeling more movement from lo soon xxxx

starglow glad your meeting went so well!

Lolley you sound as if you're in the exact same boat as me... and a hch too - we have a 2 bed too, with the age gap of my son, its totally unfair on him and the baby to put them together, the age gap is just too big plus they're different sexes, so no nursery for us unfortunately.

We've been trying to rack our brains on what to do.. we live in a really nice area of london, near an amazing school (which my son goes to) so we can't move too far, house prices rental and for sale are so ridiculous - its about £450 per week for a 3 bed which is just too much - same to buy, about £400-£500k for a 3 bed around here.
So we're having to make sacrifices and having bean in our room for as long as we can take it, then i don't know, hopefully win the lottery!!?? :haha:

i feel so behind! you all were so chatty yesterday! it always seems to happen on the days i don't get on lol i skimmed through some of the posts, though i know i missed a lot. i think someone was talking about nerve pain and that really stuck out to me - i'm having nerve pain near my tailbone on the left side! after a full day of caring for patients in the hospital yesterday i was actually LIMPING from the pain. :( and that pain on my right lower abdomen that was relieved from my bath comes back almost every day, off and on. so i'm thinking its a growing pain but man, it really hurts! my back always hurts, i feel like it never relaxes even when i'm sitting down. and i wake up every single morning with a HUGE ache-y feeling in the same spot on the left side of my lower back. so i DEFINITELY know what you guys mean about sounding like an old lady in bed. it's terrible for me to try to roll over. it's hell to try and get up. i really hope all this pain goes away soon. it's going to be horrible if it just keeps getting worse and worse throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

wow lilly thats really expensive our 2 bed flat is £460 a month!! and thats cheaper because our 2nd bedroom is so small and we have no bath just a shower usually even a one bedroom is around £500 in town but weve been quite lucky! .. we will probably stay here for a while but we need to buy a car aswell but we need a new house before we can get a car.. maybe next year we will move will have to save up first though!!

finally update on delivery of my cotbed and dresser the last order got 'lost' when it was dispatched.. how the hell can a cotbed and dresser get lost on a van!!! so its been cancelled and re ordered!! .. nightmare!!

Ashley - hope you feel better soon with the nerve pain.. I get quite a lot of pains and aches, my lower back hurts - also sometimes feel like ive pulled a muscle in my left butt cheek!!! lol!

strawberry - wow thats so cheap! london is just ridiculous!!! we live in small 2 bed now, no garden just balcony and we pay £1200 a month and thats considered cheap-ish around here!! GAH!! wish we could move out of london but kai's school is one of the top state primary's its so good, plus all my work is here.. aaah well. lottery for me then!

nightmare with your stuff getting lost too! what a load of rubbish, they give such crap excuses sometimes - hope it gets sorted soon xx

thanks!! hopefully will be sent out again soon took 6 different people to speakto till i got to someone who knew what they talking about!!

wow £1200 you can get a 4 bedroom house where i am for just less than £900 a month!

whats all you girlies plan for the weekend???

we are not upto alot gotta do the grocery shopping tomoro.. boring!! then maybe oh's parents for roast on sunday but that depends!! apart from that i think we are going to have a good clear out this weekend of the flat!

We have to make do staying where we are. We own our place. It's a two bed two bathroom apartment with garden. The rooms are a decent size luckily and it'll be fine for the three of us. Our bedroom is pretty big so there's room for the cot for the first 6 months. once lo moves into her own room we'll lose the spare room. We really wanted to move but the property market is too bad to sell ours and buy a new place for us at the moment. But we don't want to have our kids going to schools locally so we'll have to move the soonest 2 years and the latest 4 years.

Can't wait to show hubby my purchases. He'll be home any time now (should have been 10pm). He's off to doctor which i asked him to do a few days ago. Man flu mixed with cough and throat infection i think!

our spare room is dark!!!!! gonna have to really think of lightening it up with silk finish paint so it reflects the light and bright fresh colours.....

i'm my usual exhausted friday self today :)
x

oohh weekend tmrw yay! i'm off to my sis and bro's place for lunch and my whole family is going. will be nice but my sis is super ANAL about everything ie no shoes, no mess and just really specific - totally unlike me!
sunday not sure yet maybe a roast with friends in a pub or something. i'm so excited for next week as my holiday countdown begins!!! a week today :wohoo:

I can't wait to see what everyone's bought too!! thought I'd take a pic of bean's drawer of stuff - I know - a bit crazy right considering she's not even here yet!!!!

Attachments

• IMG02198-20110211-1640.jpg
    IMG02198-20110211-1640.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member