****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Eek I just made a proper list of what I still need to buy. It's so long!

I actually have a lovely quiet weekend ahead :) might go buy the paint and make a start but that could be put off till 2moro when hubby is here to help. We're away at a family thing next weekend which includes 4 hours driving each way so I'm making the most of a chilled out 2 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ps...... Haven't felt lo move since Tuesday. Hurry up!

sounds lovely starglow enjoy your chiled weekend!! me and oh cleared out the flat last night got rid of all the stuff we dont need and ive got half our storage/airing cupboard back .. woohoo!!!

It's such a good feeling having a clearout. Might have to get started on one tomorrow as I need to make room for hanging space for lo in our room.

So much for a chilled morning lol! I ended up doing paperwork. Looking at squeezing a whole lot of extra work in before Easter while I have energy. That's just so I finish two weeks before my due date. Eek.

When is everyone planning on finishing work before due date. I hope two weeks is enough.

i wanted to leave it as long as possible but me and my work have decided on middle of may il be about 34- 35 weeks by then and my job is very rushed and on feet all time lifting the babies up and rushing around getting bottles etc isnt easy when i can have 3 by myself and recently its really busy weve got 6 every morning and afternoon and i only have one other member of staff and even then sometimes 2 staff members with 6 kids isnt enough! gona stay to cover one of the girls holidays so il proabably finish on a friday probably the 20th or something.. supose then i wont have too long sitting around getting bored my best friend is back from uni then aswell so we can go out for lunch and coffe a bit and things!

That sounds good Hun. Ive asked on the main board to see what people generally are doing. Obviously if I need to I can take it earlier but it messes my dates the other end up and I'd lose out on extra hours before maternity leave x

yeah deffo thats why i chose to leave middle of the month instead of begining of the month least it wont effect my pay too much!! worked out because i only work half days anyway that it should only leave us £50 worse off a month which isnt too bad i can cope with that!! lol

Hun I'm officially only getting my average earnings paid for four months. Altho I can drag that out to 6 months due to an overlap in back pay. Then I'd only get state pension of £123 a week which is a no no. So I need to decide do I go back after 4 months or 6 months. I'd love to take the 6 months returning in jan 2012 but i have a feeling I'll have to go back earlier as I'd have to pick up a big mess! Messy schedule done by someone else, my students changing teacher half way through the year etc. Wracking my brains as to what to do. Gonna speak to my boss next week and see what we come up with. I have to have it in writing very soon x

yeah can see what you mean hun am sure youl sort something that suits you finanacially and your work situation it does suck that alot of people have such a decrease in pay whislt on maternity leave! dunno what id do if it was me! am sure youl do the right thing x

im taking 9 months but will be loosing a lot of money :(
I wish i could take the 12 months but just cant afford the last 3 months with nothing, smp will be hard enough for 3 months :(

I am planning to leave when we break up for the whitson holidays so 1st week of june, but my matenity leave won't start until the week the school is back, so at least i get an extra week off. If i have to have a section i will only have 2 weeks before baby is born. But i want as long as possible after.

So lolley is it normal that maternity pay decreases as time ticks by? I've been told at work I'm getting the same as what my collegues are entitled to. But I always thought you get your usual earnings for most of the maternity leave.

no it always has dropped, even 10 years ago with my 1st child.

I have to say the entitlements are much better now, although still could be better.

mine is something along the line of ( this is off the top of my head so dont quote me)...

90% pay for 1st 6 weeks
halfpay plus smp for next 12 weeks
halfpay for about 4 weels ( cant remember this 1)
smp for the remander up to 39 weeks
anything after that is unpaid

i will be going back at the 39 weeks stage so i dont loose out completely.

Ah yes that's what I'm pretty much getting. Ok that's good to know thanks. My work are making up my pay for the first 4 months which is good. Thanks Hun

your welcome glad it helped it can all be very confusing. The only thing i am disapointed about it when i had callum he is 7 now i got holiday etitlement tagged onto the end of my maternity.

I asked about this as i am due to go back 2 or 3 weeks before the easter holiday so would of been perfect to tag the holiday on to take me until easter. But that doesnt happen anymore as im term time but get paid per anum, my holidays are already included :( but at least i go back for a couple of weeks then get a couple of weeks off might be a nice way to break back in and also easter is when we go to Egypt :)

Yes you're right. Ease back in with your holiday to look forward to. Xxx

i have a weird question and i don't mean any offense with it at all. i didn't want to post in the main board because i'm afraid it will be taken the wrong way and turn into one of those angry threads. i'm just curious why some women take their bump pics without pants on? i totally understand professional maternity photos done in undies or nude in a really artistic way, but why take off your pants to do a self-portrait? i really don't mean any disrespect, i'm really just curious! i don't find anything "wrong" about it, but the way i see it, i don't need my pants or shirt off to show my belly. i *was* slightly offended by one pic i saw a photo somewhere (not sure if on here or somewhere else) that the woman actually had her jeans around her ankles and her shirt on the floor. i thought that photo looked so trashy! :(

I'm hoping to start my mat leave at the beginning of june. so I'll be about 36 weeks.

I dont get SMP from my employer as I don't earn enough (I work 16 hours a week at minimum wage). So I will claim maternity allowance which is 90% of my wage.

Ashley, I've never seen any 'bottomless' pics. But I don't understand why people need to take their pants off too??

Feeling a bit achey and fed up today, hopefully I will wake up tomorrow in a better mood....

Lol re the last photo description Ashley. :) I'll be doing with clothes on lol.

Awwwwwww my hubby just surprised me with an early vallentines pressie. The most beautiful card and a tiffany charm bracelet. Awwww! The most amazing messages too ! Luckily I had his card already.

hahahaha you will never see me taking my clothes off for a bump pic!

aileymouse i hope you feel better 2moro

starglow thats so sweet of your hubby! i sent mine out to get me a jam roly poly! hahahah

Lol hch! I made pancakes tonight which were yum. Gonna get up and exercise first thing tomorrow. I feel I'm getting wider and wider and I'm eating too much. Gotta sort it out!

i know me too! long walk 2moro with the kids and OH! my waist is disappearing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->