****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

good luck ailey :)

hugs lolley hope you feel better soon x

Mental day. Just sneaking on quickly. There must be something in the air today!! There's me wondering where my contact lenses were and why I had an empty case only to realise I had just put them in! Lol. Then arriving at work I realised my new cardi had been hanging out the car door and was ripped :( then my student fell apart on me all upset with her mental work load lol and to top it off I'm driving around with luminous yellow massive scratches on the front bumper. Hehe! Gotta laugh. Am getting through a lot of work tho.

I can't decide wether to take four months or 6 months off maternity leave. How much do I need? Having never had a baby before I don't know!!!! Any suggestions? Xxx

Hey starglow, I am taking at least 9 months off and would prefer to take the full year if hubbie lets me! I have been studying constantly and working so hard I feel I need a proper break from office life and cant focus on the LO instead!

That website is very funny - the piccies are shocking, how embarassing!

Lolley - hope you feel better soon

Lilly - I am so jealous of your holiday!

We are going to Naples in March for 3 days and now planning to go to Portugal to visit family just before easter, I need to get a certificate to fly tho as Easyjet want them if you are over 27 weeks and I will be 31 by then!!

My husband has left for Kenya today for a week in the sunshine! His best friend is getting married, I am insanely jealous, but it is a huge malaria area and we decided it just wasnt worth the risk me going there! Sob sob

Thanks flybee. Maybe I should just take the 6 months. Pay wise I'd be fine. If they can get a supply teacher in to cover me and they're offering to do that then maybe I just should take it. Hard to let go of my work but it would be fab to have that time with my little one x so I'd finish 16th June and go back for just 2 terms in jan 2012

Hi all
Just a quick post to let you know my second scan went well as predicted, they managed to measure the heart and all was normal.

Baby still was being awkward and laying head down like at last scan making it difficult to get a good scan picture :( the one they gave me today looks very much like a alien :lol: It's looking at us again
Definately has Izzy's nose!

haven't read past this page but sounds like Lolley is unwell, get well soon chick! And Flybee you must be gutted your not able to go to Kenya, I went a few years ago but it meant taking the anti malarials so I can understand your decision.
Starglow you are having a mad day lol sorry about your new cardi :( I would go for the 6 months, I will be having 9/10 months off - would so love to be off a year but need to pay the bills.

catch up later when home, have a good afternoon all xx

oooo Good luck Ailey!! can't wait to hear your news and see your pics :D x

hope everyone had a fab valentines night!! we did with his dad!! lol!! ate sooo much food!!!yummm!!!

straglow you sound like your having one hell of a day!! lol hope it gets better!

Lol yep Its a mad day!!! Hehe!

I've spoken to various people at work who've taken maternity leave and have little ones and all are advising me to take the 6 months :) hubby is happy whatever. So think I'll go down that route. Thanks girls for your advise too. Xxx

Off to dentist x

have fun at the dentist hun! :) i keep checking for updates from ailey!

Hi ladies!

Ailey, good luck with your scan! I hope baby cooperates with the ultrasound :)

Lolley, I hope you start feeling better! Good luck with the dentist!

Starglow, I hope your day has gotten better! I will have 4 months of mat leave which I'm pretty excited about... although 6 months sounds amazing!

I will be heading to the airport later to catch a flight back to NL... I'm hoping the flight goes quickly (it was 8.5 hours to D.C. when we flew over, but back is normally faster). Last week I got leg cramps for the first time while sitting in the seat (not a pleasant experience) and had to get up and walk around on 3 or 4 different occassions (and spent most of the flight feeling nauseous and trying not to throw up!). I'm hoping today goes more smoothly...

Hoping to see the results of Ailey's scan before I leave though! :)

i think Ailey said she won't be on until tonight as she has to go straight back to work and cant get on here on her phone :(

6 months sounds so much better starglow

hch how is Callum?

he was fine this morning! he had a high temp through the night and this awful looking rash like he had been pushed in nettles! but he woke up this morning and he felt fine and the rash was gone:shrug: i kept him off school today but he will be going back 2moro!! i think it must have been a viral rash! scary tho! had my glass out and was rolling it over his body through the night!!

lol you sound like me with the glass :)

glad he is feeling better, nothing worse than your little ones being ill :flower:

Hi ladies

Check this link it lets you check you weight gain, someone posted in the July bumps thread:
https://www.babymed.com/tools/weight-change-calculator

I havent put as much on as I thought, just weighed myself and have put on 5kg since pre pregnancy.

hi all, hope everyone is feeling good!

Starglow - I also went to the dentist today, have a fractured filling :-( which isn't that bad at the moment so can wait til after the birth. Dentist put a temporary one in for now.

I'll probably take 4-6 months off, I'll see how it goes. I don't work full time or even regularly part time so I can easily start off at one day a week.

Foxforce glad your scan went well!

Itsy have a safe flight!

Flybee - aah hun that sucks you couldn't go to Kenya, least you got some hols coming up. I actually can't believe we'll be in thailand on Saturday, I can't frikkin wait.. i'm not going to want to come home!

I didn't watch OBEM last night as DH refused point blank to watch it on Valentines night but i've sky plussed it and am gonna try sneak in a viewing now.. did anyone see it last night? was it a good one?

xxx

I'm back, baby is perfect and healthy and we are on team :pink:

I'm thrilled to bits and so is my daughter! She really wanted a sister!:cloud9:

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/P1050901.jpg

oooooooo yay!!! congrats ailey! beautiful scan pic hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->