****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

:hi:

starglow everything you have brought is lovely :) I love the wall stickers. Wish i had a nursery to decorate.

Everyone seems to be doing well buying things, this is my list so far....

Things i have -

Travel system with car seat
parasol /raincover/ changing bag
cot bed and mattress
chest of drawers
steriliser
bottles/ extra teats
bottle warmer
monitors
sling
some newborn clothes/ vests/ sleepsuits
hats/scratch mits/socks/ bibs
just starting on the 0-3 months vests, sleepsuits and clothes now
bath
moses basket and sheets
dummies ( just in case)
nappies/ wipes
some toiletries
Lamaze foot finder toys

still to get-

bouncer
baby gym
swing
cot mobile
brush and sissors set
thermometer
bigger clothes
cot sheets and bedding
isofix base for car seat
changing matt
baby towels
hospital stuff
Milk closer to when baby is due

phew what a long list :shock:

oh yes and my midwife did my matb1 form im going to collect it today from the doctors so thats good news :)

We all seem to be doing well on the shopping front. I bought plain white terry sleep suits, 2 fitted cot sheets .... White with tiny rainbow coloured hearts on one and tiny pink dots on the other and two pink/ white hats today. Ooh and I got the White blossom paint we wanted for nursery.

Lolley the wall stickers will be in our room by the cot while the baby is with us then when baby moves we'll move them. Even tho we're painting the spare room and eventually will dress the room closer to baby arrival it'll stay a spare room till Christmas. I'd love to dress the room asap but no chance.

Only 4 months to go girls! 5 months gone. I remember finding out at 5 weeks so we're getting there :)

What a beautiful sunny day. Yay

I think baby likes shopping lol. She seems to move about whenever I go :) she'll be taking after me big time.

Hi ladies,

Random question, but are you guys planning on using dummies/pacifiers? Both DH and I are pretty clueless on this (really, I just thought it was the "normal" thing to do) and only recently have I started hearing debates where people discuss the pros/cons of them.

So I really have NO idea how I feel about it. Is there a reason NOT to? What are you guys planning on doing?

I'm aiming not to use them unless baby really needs one. It would only be at night time as a soother. But a lot of people throw them in the baby's mouth during the day as a way to shut them up instead of giving them attention. Just my opinion x

I am not purposely going to use them I just brought 1 pack of 2 just in case. I really didn't want to use them with my boys but they both had them. My eldest was feeding every hour and we found he was just comfort sucking gave him a dummy and nore problems. I thinnk there is a debate regards when babies teeth come through but I brought the orthodontic ones because of this. The only real issue I feel is when they become very attached to them and won't get rid. I hate to see 4 and 5 year olds walking round with them but that is just my opinion every one is different :)

starglow i have that ziggy zebra bouncer!!!! i loooooves it tis so pretty :)

everyones doing really well with their shopping were going to have some fab dressed babies!!!

Strawberry ....,, it's really cute isn't it. All reviews were good. The only one bad point was that the zebra's head is padded and baby's head up to 6 weeks falls to the side of it. The thing I like is that it can be used fixed as a mini chair for a toddler later on. I bet we buy it this weekend. I saw a nice Winnie the pooh one in mothercare today about the same price. Have you played with it yet? Nice music?

its at my mums at the moment as she brought us it as a gift its good as far as i know my co worker had one with her little girl.. the zebra part you can take out to avoid the babys head falling to the side of it thats what my co worker did anyway and ended up using the zebra as a little play mat which is cute! once i go to hers and get it i will let you know what i think!! i like the fact it has a a hood on it as we can fold it up and take it with us to our parents houses we spend alot of time with them in the summer so baby can sit outside in the shade in the chair for a little bit as long as it isnt too hot

Yay I've booked a private 3d/4d scan on 9th April. I'll be 28 weeks and my Dad will be visiting from Ireland and can come In with us. Exciting :) nice to have it to look forward to after a hectic 6 week work schedule :) it's £95 for the 4d scan and 5 3d pics. There's small extra costs for DVD (£15) and extra pics etc. Paid a £50 deposit and it's literally a 5 min drive from me. Hope it's as amazing as everyone says.

Xxx

OOh a 3d scan, how exciting! Bet you can't wait.

Was back to work today...such a boring day. Chilling out now :)

On the dummy front, I'm going to buy a couple for just incase. We did the same with my daughter and we did need them as she was on me the whole time and was just a sucky baby. She didn't have it for long though. I used the MAM dummies, I personally think they are the better ones to buy.

Love the stuff you got Starglow, I'm also interested in that bouncer!

So far I've bought:
Cotbed
wardrobe
dresser
sling
disposable nappies
A few cloth nappies
fleece blanket
travel cot with bassinet
A few outfits
breast pump
steriliser/bottles/warmer set
Hats

Still to get:
More clothes
bath
towels
bedding
bouncer
playmat
monitor
pushchair
carseat

Re: dummies / pacifiers I was adamant that I wouldn't use them but I read somewhere that reduce the risk of SIDS so I'm not sure.

There's so many choices for everything!

I'm still not sure what to do about bottles.....i want to breastfeed and if it goes well i'll still need bottles etc if hubby wants to also do feeds. Maybe i'll wait till my anti-natel day where they tell us all about breast feeding...maybe they'll help with bottle info. Must ask about hiring a breast pump from the hospital too as they're meant to be better than the shop bought ones.

Had a big chat with my sister about labour today..eek! I think i'm concentrating on all the nice shopping and planning at the moment and bringing baby home.

anyone doing the pelvic floor exercises. We're meant to tighten up for 6 seconds and release for 6 times in a row, 6 times a day. meant to help with after labour repair.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't bother about a breast pump yet, you don't know how you'll get on with breastfeeding yet and also they say not to use it until breastfedding is establised...so about 4 weeks.

I would recommend get a few bottles just incase like, it doesn't really matter what brand you use though, the most popular is closer to nature. But I personally think they are a con. I'm going to get the MAM bottles too as they are self sterlisinig, just 3 mins in the microwave.

And yes, I have been constantly doing my pelvic floor exercises, especialy as this is number 2! I don't want to take any chances lol!!

i have brought the tommee tippee closer to nature.

I used avent with my boys but both had colic at some point and to a certain extent i dont think this can be helped. After lots of research as my dh does and speaking to a few friends who used avent with previous babies and now use tomme tippee they all recommend these. They are supposed to mimick the breasts natural movment when sucking. As ailey said whether this is a gimmick or not i dont know, but i have to say i was impressed when feeding friends babies and not sure if it has been coincidence but neither have had colic.

Again just my opinion every baby is different hope it helps a little though :)

Good morning ladies! TGIF :)

Thanks for the responses on the dummies/pacifiers. I think I like the idea of having a couple "just in case" and seeing how it goes.

And re: breastpump. I bought one because it was cheaper to buy when I was in the U.S. :) I bought the Lansinoh hand pump because the reviews I read of it were better than the Avent... but I have several friends here who all use the Avent one and they like theirs. I'm going to leave the pump in the box and just see whether or not I'm able to breastfeed, and if not, then give it away/sell it or something (or keep it for a potential #2)

Starglow-- be sure to let us know how your 3D/4D scan goes! I'm still trying to decide if that's something I want to do as well :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good advice from lolley.

Itsychic I hummed and hawed about having a private scan for ages. As soon as I booked it It felt great. Hubby was delighted too. We had both agreed we'd like to do it. Also when my dad booked his flights to come over for his birthday we thought it would be fab to share the experience with him. Hopefully he'll enjoy it. On his actual birthday too.

I'm so sad I'm counting down a few dates:
Doctor: 11 days
Viable day: 2 weeks
3rd tri: 4 weeks
3d/4d scan: 6 weeks
Midwife: 6.5 weeks

I have a tip (some may already know). Bring a little bottle of olive oil in your hospital bag. Baby first few poo's are like tar and really hard to get off
Baby skin. Olive oil on a bit of cotton wool is the only thing that works. plus if baby has dry skin a little dab of olive oil really works :)

My sister keeps on at me to read a parenting book I got ages ago. Birth till 2yrs. It's the Baby Whisperer Solves all your Problems. She said she wished she'd read it before baby came along as they had a very different baby after reading it. So I think today I shall sit and read it.

And :) baby girl really moved loads yesterday. So fab and as soon as I woke this morning she was moving about. Still is :) it's so nice. Such a weird feeling isn't it!!!

Thanks to Aileymouse and Lolley on the bottles info. I'll get a couple of the ones you suggested to start off with. They sound great.

Hope you're all ok. Xxxxx
Midwife: 6.5 weeks

Oh you've recommended different ones. Not sure about the steriliser as boiling water and steam works just as well. Altho the microwave sounds fantastic. The Breast pump hire from hospital.... My sister had to use hers from 2 weeks! She had a complete nightmare. Lets just hope I can breastfeed and I can get the pump at a later date. At least I'll have 5-6 months if I do before weening onto formula for day care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->