****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay
Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay is paid for up to two consecutive weeks, depending on how long you choose to take Ordinary Paternity Leave for. The current weekly rate is £124.88 (£128.73 from April 2011) or 90 per cent of your average weekly earnings, if that is less.

Length of Ordinary Paternity Leave
As long as you meet certain conditions you can take either one or two weeks' Ordinary Paternity Leave. You can't take odd days off and if you take two weeks they must be taken together.

A week is based on your usual working pattern. So if you work Mondays and Tuesdays only, a week would be two days or if you work Monday to Friday, a week would be five days.

To qualify for Ordinary Paternity Leave, you must tell your employer:

•when the baby is due or when the child is expected to be placed with you for adoption
•whether you want one or two weeks' Ordinary Paternity Leave
•when you want your Ordinary Paternity Leave to start
You must give your employer the correct amount of notice. You should tell them in writing either:

•at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week when the baby's due
•within seven days of being told by the adoption agency that you have been matched with a child
A simple way to give notice is to fill in a 'self-certificate'. You can download form SC3 'Becoming a parent', which works as a self-certificate.

Your Ordinary Paternity Leave can start on any day of the week (but not before the baby is born). It has to finish within 56 days of the baby's birth. If the baby is born before the week it was due, it must finish within 56 days of the first day of that week. You can start Ordinary Paternity Leave after a period of parental leave has ended.

If your partner has a multiple birth, you are only allowed one period of Ordinary Paternity Leave.

You should tell your employer the date of the birth or actual date of adoption placement in writing if your employer requests it. However, you do not have to give your employer any medical evidence of the pregnancy or birth to claim Ordinary Paternity Leave or Pay

thats what i read too lol

i know its not alot of money for dads but it is better than unpaid leave, he also is keeping back 10 days holiday he has left, so he can have another 2 weks with us in the summer holidays when the boys are off too :)

ok so thats 2 letters i need to do fairly quick now!

Hi ladies, sorry for the silence I'm working away from home (in kent) so I don't have much internet access.

I'm glad everyone seems to be well, it's nice to be planning maternity leave and doing up nurseries! I sent my Matb1 form to hr last week, no response yet. Dh will be taking annual leave for about 1 week when lo is born, we can't afford to lose his salary.

I'm stopping work at 36 weeks and have started counting down, I can't wait, I'm so unmotivated at work all I can think about is baby!

Have a nice evening!

Wow... for the past several days there was only like 1 page of updates then today BAM! Another 4 pages! :)

Funny that you're all mentioning paperwork for maternity leave... I finally sent an e-mail to my HR today (although in NL you're not "officially" required to let them know until 4 weeks before your leave is scheduled to begin) but I want to have it taken care of. My leave will start at 36 weeks.

I also had a mw appointment this evening (we see her every 3 weeks). It went really well... she was pointing out how big my uterus is at this stage and I hadn't realized HOW big it is... kind of surprising. Everything else seems fine though (heart hb again!) and she could feel where LO was sitting :) She didn't have much helpful advice about the heartburn or numbness when I lay down so I'll just be putting up with that for a while longer. Ah well.

Good luck with all the letters and paperwork everyone!

Hi everyone :)

Bought some newborn clothes this morning. Asda as I don't want to spend a fortune and I'm told they wash very well.

I really don't have much as I need to find out what I'm borrowing from my sister and usually it's clothes people buy for new borns.

All I have so far is:
-9lbs 2 packs of 7 short sleeve bodies
-9lbs 2 long sleeve bodies with feet
-12lbs 1 pack of 7 short sleeve bodies
-12lbs 3 long sleeve bodies
4 mitts

I know I need more but it's really hard when we don't know baby size and heat etc. Ooohhh but it's fun tho. Got really cute things today.

Looking forward to more baby shopping on Sunday with hubby:)

I'm not going to buy dresses etc as body suits are cute and practical to begin with. It's funny buying clothes for a little one who isn't here yet :)

it is fun i love it :) looking forward to pay day on friday!!super skint this month!!

im part of mamas & papas page on facebook they are having a secret sale this weekend here is the info

Shhhh - don't tell everyone but we are having a secret sale this weekend.

Simply enter CRM48FEB11 at checkout to receive 10% off all full price purchases. Starts midnight Friday and ends midnight Sunday.

I love Mama's and Papa's but i find it too expensive. I know you got an amazing deal on your cot Strawberry...the ones i saw were so pricey.
I've seen rainbow baby grows i love mummy and daddy ones in Babies r us....bet i buy them on sunday....so cute.

Been looking at fairy princess wall stickers and lamp shade.....all ready to order online but want to show hubby first.
I really hope my little girl is a little girl or my little boy will be surrounded by princess fairies!!!! lol.....aw the hassle having to return things and buy blue boy stuff would be crazy. i suppose i could go more neutral with teddy bears an jungle animals........ kinda wanna go girlie tho.

Because I'm off work and feeling lazy I'm getting obsessed with baby stuff again....but i may as well while i have the time. The next 6 weeks at work will be completly hectic.

:)

it is expensive i do love it though :lol: buy little bit at time wont notice the cost!!

pretty sure your little girl will stay a girl hun go pink mad if you want too!!

Lol!!!

Ok this tiredness thing is getting a bit crazy. I was on the phone and was hanging some clothes up and putting washing up away and I was so out of breath I could barely manage to talk. It sounded like I'd run up a hill! I'm now wrecked again. Think I'm
Gonna go see my doctor 2moro and get her to check my wee and iron etc. It's all very well at home now but back at work I'm not sure I could manage with this. I don't have the energy even to hoover!!!

Starglow you seem to be leading the pack in terms of shopping! It's so fun though so I understand.

Hi all, I'm home!!

Boyzone were absolutely AMAZING!! we had such good seats, was dancing and jumping around like a loon and am paying for it today as I'm really achey and tired, also been having some braxton hicks that hurt a little, think I may need to calm down now.
Feeling dizzy again now but I'm sure that's cos of extreme tiredness. I didn't sleep last night....

Hope you are all well. xxxxxxxx

Glad u enjoyed Boyzone :)

Right I've got the hang of this newborn dressing now ...., the little body vests go underneath the long sleeve bodies with arms and legs. Makes sense now. I know what I need to buy now.

Mamafrica....,,, Lilly has loads of clothes. Remember she posted a photo. And strawberry has done really well too.
I want to get as much of what we need this weekend. if my energy remains this low I want to have everything done asap.

Bump has grown again. Still no pics tho :( I will get hubby to take some this weekend x

Thought i'd show you some of the bits I've bought
wall stickers.jpg wall stickers
my toys moses basket.jpg
sweetie pie changing mat.jpgcupcake changing mat
B Smart 4 pram.jpg Britax B Smart 4
Pure Cot.jpg

also have
cot mattress
cot top changer
chest of drawers - really deep drawers from ikea......great buy £40
some newborn clothes
bath
play pen\travel cot
muslin clothes
pram/cot tiny pink blankets

still need:
bouncer - still not found the one
clothes - i know what i need to buy now
rain cover for buggy - think this is a must with our yucky summers and winters lol
cot bottom sheets - just 2 for now...something nice
nursery curtains - bright and cheerful (already have blinds so really just for show)
paint (chosen)
re-usable nappies 0-2yrs
bibs
breast feeding stuff......pads, pump hire etc, bottles
car seat - done some research
sheet for moses basket
hats
socks
play mat (gonna wait till baby comes)
changing bag - not a clue which one
hospital bits -eek...I'll leave this till last

wow........ i know there's probably more to get......what a list....bit scary!!!
we're not splashing out tho...all sensible buys so far

this is the bouncer i like most right now but still thnking about it (pic to follow)

ziggy zebra bouncer.jpg

This is our favourite but at £54........ i think it's pricey really.

oh yeah.....cot mobile i need to add to my list!!!!

Oh it would be amazing to have a baby shower but its not popular over here

Anyway sorry for the over the top posting. I wanted to post some pics ages ago and never got around to it.

Feeling flipping yuck so it's keeping my mind busy. In bed with my laptop...bliss
7 pack animal vests.jpg
taz sleeper suit.jpg
pink bodies.jpg

Morning ladies

Hope your feeling better today Starglow all lyour things look lovely especially the cupcake changing mat :thumbup:

Ailey glad you had a great time at Boyzone :D

I've been quite busy to post at work but been keeping up on the posts. I need to ring for the results of my urine sample this morning, I have a feeling it will be clear.
Last day at work before having the weekend off, we are going out for a meal tonight for a friend's birthday which will be nice.

We are going to get a few more bits this weekend which may include a new microwave which will accomadate this microwave steriliser which seems mad but we needed a new one anyways!

Hope your all well and have a good day :flower: xx

Thanks hun.

Wow we are a quiet thread alright. Hope everyone is ok.

I woke this morning still feeling shattered.

I may book my private 3d scan for 28 weeks which is the start of my Easter holidays. My dad may be here too and it would be fab for him to come to the scan with him based in another country.

May pop to mothercare in a bit and see if I can get the sleep suits my sister recommended. The less we have to shop for on Sunday the better.

Chuffed hubby loved what I bought yesterday and loved the wall stickers and lamp shade I bought.

It was funny last night. Hubby talked to bump up close in bed and gave her a wobble. She returned with a kick on the other side. Such a funny feeling. Looking forward to feeling her more. X

aww Starglow, love your choices!! I agree with foxforce--the cupcake changing mat is adorable (and fitting, too!) :)

Ailey, sounds like you had a great time! I hope you get plenty of rest today!

And strawberry, I think that between you and starglow I'm getting a good idea of things I need to buy :)

So far I think we have a lot of the 'basics' covered...

Have:

Crib
Dresser/chest of drawers (with top for 'changing table')
Tall dresser for supplies
Daybed/play pin downstairs for sleeping
Breast pump and storage bottles (also have nipple cream and some nursing bras, etc)
Clothes!! (including hats, mittens to protect hands, socks, sleeping/pj's) :)
Diaper bag

and the biggest things we need:
Car seat
Stroller/pram/travel set
Crib mattress
Crib bedding
Changing pad

I think things like a mobile, bouncer chair, etc we'll worry about once we have the other things picked out :) I just feel like there's soooooooooooo much time left (although I'm sure it will be over before I know it!)

This weekend we are starting to paint the nursery and next week we expect to finish it. Then we'll be replacing the floor in the next couple of weeks as well, and THEN we can finally start putting the furniture in, etc! Tonight we're going to buy the paint and look for curtains and a lamp for the room :)

I also called the daycare in our city to ask about options... and they have a waiting list (apparently this is normal). We'll need daycare for 3 days a week starting in October, and at the moment they only have Friday available. We're waiting to figure out what days we'll need (I'm going to work 4 days a week and my MIL will babysit one day) and next week we plan to register to get put on the waiting list. So many things to arrange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->