****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Yeah me too. Eating far too much. Strange! Hope I stop when I start working on Tuesday or I'll be a hefalump by July x

Starglow- funny that you mentioned hearing the hb... last night my parents-in-law came by and brought DH a "gift" (it's called an "old fashioned stethescope") which is specifically sold to hear baby's hb. On the package it says starting at 26 weeks. We tried it last night and DH couldn't hear anything though (although it's possible we just couldn't find LO). If you do get to hear your LO, let me know! I'm curious how long it takes before one of us finds it :)

All these countdowns! When I was reviewing lolley's post about countdown to "v-day" (1.5 weeks!) and only 4 more weeks till 3rd trim?!?!? Wow! Hard to believe...

Hope you ladies have a great weekend! I'm going to do some painting today and tonight we're making homemade pizza (yumm!) Tomorrow we're painting the nursery!!

oh and re: food... I've been WAY hungrier than normal this past week. I've "officially" gained my first kilo (I'm now 1 kilo more than pre-pregnancy weight).

I'm hoping this motivates me this week to use the elliptical a bit! :)

Ahhhhhh been listening to her heart beat. It's amazing. She's lying still as I can't feel her. Just above belly button itsychic x:happydance:

Even when I texted hubby to tell him I just left it on my bump and could still hear the heartbeat. hehe.

yay for heartbeats :)

regards food, im still not eating too much but i have now put on 2lb wooo well i did loose 7lb in the 1st few weeks so really i have put on 9lb in total but just 2lb over pre pregnancy weight :winkwink:

Starglow- i didnt think much to the antenatal classes with my 1st ( but bear in mind that was 10 years ago) so i didnt do them with my 2nd. They were pretty rubbish to be fair. I'm not planning on doing any this time either.

Thanks lolley.

I have 6 weeks till my next scan and I think I'll use this as a goal to keep healthy. I really haven't been lately and it can't be helping with the tiredness. So I think we're doing an Indian tonight and then fresh fruit and veg all the way from tomorrow. Need to start cooking properly again as I've got in the habit of shoving stuff in the oven.

X

i've been so hungry the past week or two as well! technically i'm about a week ahead of you ladies, so i'm glad you all are feeling the hunger too so i'm not just going crazy! lol i have to go food shopping, there's NOTHING left in the house. and i need to stop buying CRAP too, i've been eating a lot of microwaveable frozen foods because i just suddenly feel hungry and need food quick lol

i've got a pretty good stethoscope so i'm going to start trying again for the hb. i tried when i first bought it back in january but obv she was too little then.

so i used my stethoscope and i heard... SOMETHING. it sounded like a "whooshing" noise. very steady and consistent, but it couldn't have been the baby's heartbeat. it was much too slow so i checked my pulse while listening to my belly and somehow i was listening to my own heart rate! counted about 70 beats/min and can only hear it in this ONE spot. how strange. could that be where the umbilical cord is attached to the placenta maybe? i've just found out at the doctor's that i have an anterior placenta. well, that's what they wrote into the computer anyway. i'm going to ask about it at my appointment on monday.
baby doesn't like the stethoscope, she kept pushing back against it if i put it in particular spots lol

I think we're lucky if we find their hb cause their moving about so much. Dont put your thumb on the stethoscope as you'll just get your pulse. I listened to my own hb first so I'd recognise it. Mw said in the early days it's a swooshing sound but now I could hear a proper fast beat. I think I was lucky cause she was lying quietly and I didn't press down hard. As soon as I finished I felt her moving about again.

Ok so there's a few of us munching on convenience food. Phew!

hey there - sorry havent been on for a while, work has been crazy and am shattered... will catch up with all the posts shortly but just wanted to post my bump piccies

The first is at 23 weeks and the 2nd is at 20 weeks...

hope you are all ok x

Attachments

• 2010 & 2009 923.jpg
    2010 & 2009 923.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • 2010 & 2009 918.jpg
    2010 & 2009 918.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
I think we're lucky if we find their hb cause their moving about so much. Dont put your thumb on the stethoscope as you'll just get your pulse. I listened to my own hb first so I'd recognise it. Mw said in the early days it's a swooshing sound but now I could hear a proper fast beat. I think I was lucky cause she was lying quietly and I didn't press down hard. As soon as I finished I felt her moving about again.

Ok so there's a few of us munching on convenience food. Phew!

my little one is hardly every laying quietly lol and i know what you mean about the thumb. i always hold my stethoscope wedged between my index and middle fingers, i never touch the bell, it interferes way too much. helps so much when taking blood pressure readings to get even pressure without your own pulse interfering. i think i'll try again when i haven't felt her moving around for a while. :)

Finally I took some bump pics and it won't let me upload them! brilliant! Wish I'd cleaned the mirror first tho. Have had sister and mil wanting snaps so thought i'd take some quickly. Hoping hubby will get some nice ones x
I'll try to post them again

Lol I was woken at 6am to baby kicking me. Proper kicks that made my belly move and my hand happened to be there. Yay. 4 days of her wriggling about and kicking ;)

aww, starglow that's great! well, kinda. great that you're able to feel her consistently now. not so great that she woke you up lol when i woke up this morning, i felt my baby girl kick me so i wonder how much kicking i actually sleep through lol i haven't been woken up by any kicks, but i do wonder why that is because most of her kicks are pretty strong. maybe i've just gotten used to the feeling so it feels normal while i'm sleeping? or maybe she doesn't kick as hard when she gets squished to one side LOL!

I'm in really bad form. I've been irritable all day,uncomfortable and just pissed off. I am entitled to one shit day but hubby doesn't see it like that! I'm in such a mood with him and his hairdresser is coming in an hour to cut his hair which he arranged. Completely cutting into our only 2 days off together and she stays and stays ( 2.5 hrs usually). I'm not up to seeing anyone! Arg!

I feel tired and have had a banging headache all day!

Finally got our buggy today ( were waiting to exchange the display one for a brand new one)
Bought a massive wall mirror from ikea to brighten up the nursary and add the feeling of space ( £35 bargain )
Bought 4 Moses basket fitted sheets in neutrals
Went to a baby fair. What a waste of time.

Think I'm gonna have to go lie on the bed to avoid this hairdresser later. She's lovely but I'm not up to entertaining and maybe she'll get the hint not to stay! I sound like a bitch I know!

Got the healthy food in for tomorrow after a ridiculous day of left over pizza and crap!

Why do I feel so shite? I woke up in such good form with lo kicking me. But along with the pounding headache my feet and legs swelled up again, making it painful to walk :(
Boo

fab bump flybee looking all boy to me ;)

sorry to hear your feeling like poo starglow, are you drinking enough water ? i have days like it too! bloody hormones eh!

baby is kicking so hard, i dread to think how bad his kicks will be in a few weeks! also he seems to have the hiccups all the time! LOL! weighed myself and havent put on any weight since i last weighed so im very pleased about that! hope everyone is well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->