****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Morning all

I have the avent bottles and micro steriliser but will probably get in another make I read the Dr Browns were excellent.
My friend we went out for dinner with last night with 6 month Isaac also recommended the Mam soothers as better due to shape of teat and shape of outer - more curved for the face. Oh and she put Isaac into a gorgeous striped sleepsuit when we got back it was from Sainsburys, she really recommended the Tu range of baby clothes which I found good to know. He is a long baby and they have a bit extra length in the legs compared to Next clothes and they wash well.

I am holding off on the breast pump until we try the feeding like Ailey said as not sure if it will work out.

I'm really groggy today, dh has gone to paint at his parents and asked me to read through his uni essay which I really don't feel upto at the moment, another cup of tea is due I think!

Congrats on your 4d scan Starglow, you sound so happy today :D Its great feeling the movement isn't it, mine was having a lazy one yesterday not much movement I think being out maybe influenced that seems it moves more when relaxed at home.

Right kettle on me thinks!

Sorry, I didn't explain why I thought that of CTN bottles. I think it's only cos the teat is larger on those bottles that it's that that makes them similar to the breast. But if you look at the NUK bottles they are more like a nipple than CTN.
I know alot of people who have use the CTN bottles and have loved them, but I personally don't and they are too big for my steriliser and bottle bag.
I do plan to breastfeed, but I will buy the MAM bottles just incase and then I don't need to worry about the steriliser ( I have one from my daughter anyway) and the self sterlising is handy for when you go to other peoples houses.

My sister and niece are down for a few days so we are going to take the kiddies to soft play this afternoon :)
Have a good day all xx

Oh yes, TU sainsburys clothes are lovely and they have 25% off all clothes at the minute....time for a shopping spree....?

Hmmm I don't think I have time to go to Sainsburys this weekend :(

Also my friend did say she found that the washable breast pads weren't very good, the Johnson and Johnson ones were most soothing but visable through clothing, so slight sacrifice but she said if you are that sore you won't be bothered lol

Great advice here :) I did wonder about the washable breast pads.

Yep I'm a happy bunny today. Been writing my diary to my little girl. I'm reading through the start of it which is crazy. All the sickness and days in bed etc...... Getting excited with baby being an inch long lol. Aw! I started my diary as soon as we started trying. It's kinda cute :) i loved reading my mums diary from when she had me so I wanted to keep one too.

Wow I look awful without makeup lol. Spotty. Eating crap which isn't good. I know when I start back working I'll stop eating the rubbish.

I bet Lilly has a lovely brown bump now in Thailand.

Ashley are you ok hun? Busy I'm presuming.

Hch hope you're having a fab time away. X

Yes I thought was good advice worth letting you ladies who are like me - pregnant with first baby.

I'm sure Lilly will be lovely and tanned and chilled to the max, so envious.

I'm meeting my two best friends tomorrow for lunch, one of which is going to Barbados next weekend.
I would love to go away before bubs arrives but we are not going to have chance nor be able to afford it due to two weddings which each require stays away from home, one end of May at Gretna Green the second is two weeks before we are due and that is a two day affair, the first day is a christening the second wedding at Lake Windermere.

I don't know if I mentioned I got my GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) appointment through this week which I agreed to have, I am not looking forward to that mainly for the fact I can not eat or drink anything but water from 2130 until the test is over the next day which will be approximately 1230. I get so ill when over hungry, dh said not to bother going to it as I can check my blood sugars to check I am not diabetic with the kit we have, also I am very familiar with the symptoms to look for. But I still feel I should go, are all you ladies having yours?

I've not been offered a GTT, I don't think I will either unless midwife thinks otherwise.

I found the boots ultra thin breast pads the best, you couldn't see them through your clothes and were a good price too. :)

Hmm I think I will cancel it.

I already have some of the Boot's pads from when I had sore nipples and was advised to put on some nipple ointment, they are nice and slim :)

Lol the things we talk about. It can only get worse haha!

How many of us our first time mums here?

I agree, lots of great advice!

Starglow- what a fun idea to keep a diary! I wish I had the motivation to write one and keep up with it :) I have an Excel sheet with a "symptom tracker" which I wanted to keep so with the next one I can see when things started/got better (like m/s). But I'm behind on updating that too!

Foxforce- I haven't been offered a GTT test yet either... I don't know when/if they do it. They checked my sugar levels at my 12-weeks bloods and said they were fine, but I don't know if they'll be following up. I'll ask at my next appointment!

Starglow, this is my first, so I'm new to all this too :) Makes me extra glad for all the advice!

:) well I don't keep a daily diary. I just write in it when I feel like it and after big events. I just loved reading my mums especially as we lost her when she was only 52 :( (nearly 8 years ago) she was such an amazing Mum and mum to all my friends too. I'm really looking forward to that special bond with my daughter. I held out one of the baby grows I bought yesterday and it's so nice to think a little baby will be filling it in 4 months. ;)

starglow this is my first baby too! a few first time mummies in here!! and i also love holding out baby clothes wondering what he will look like in them! :)

glad its friday i love weekends!!!

haha I do the same thing with the baby clothes! And I keep looking at the scan pictures of his face and trying to imagine how he'll look like :)

When we were shopping for clothes, I picked up a little fleece red jacket to show to DH. DH commented that if LO looks anything like him, red would look awful! (DH has really light blonde hair, and his skin is slightly reddish). Made me think about all the possibilities of how LO could turn out! I think it will be really neat to see if he resembles either of us strongly (I don't really resemble either of my parents!). Ooohh.. times like this I just can't wait!! :yipee:

lots of excited mommies in here today :)

i took the boys out with my mom today, we had a lovely time. I don't get to spend enough time with her so was nice just to sit and chat while the boys played.

hmmmm re-useable breast pads were the worst thing i ever brought! Never again. I wore them and when i tried to change them the milk that was on the pad had dried and made them stick to me :( it ended up taking the skin off my nipple ouch and when your trying to breastfeed that really doesn't help. disposable for me all the way :thumbup:

I have not been offered the GTT test either.

I usually love the weekends but knowing the end of half term is in sight put a bit of a downer on it.

Ashley are you ok hun? Busy I'm presuming.

i'm extremely busy. i look on here every now and then and just scan through some of the posts. nursing school is definitely getting harder!it's starting to get more difficult at the hospital moving patients because any amount of twisting and strain hurts my belly. i have a hard time getting out of bed even if i don't over to one side first.

baby girl is super active and definitely growing! i'm really accepting that i look preggo now :) i had another scan done and something i've noticed is when they measure her head, it seems HUGE! my scan was wed (22+5) and her head was measuring at gestational age of between 23 and 24 weeks, don't remember exactly. i hope her head is just growing fast right now and will slow down, otherwise i might not be able to get her out! :haha: here's another pic of her, it's so adorable she had her legs over her head! and one of my belly from wednesday. =)

Attachments

• feet over head.jpg
    feet over head.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
hey girls! i have had a really busy hectic, but fab week! i havent sat my arse down once since i left on monday!! and today was the worst!! i have been trapesing around sorting out the car before i took it for its mot!!! phew now i can breath!! the boys really enjoyed themselves so thats all that matters! baby is very active ! he has been kicking me right on my belly button and it feels so weird! also OH felt him kick last night and boy does he give a good whack! will catch up on all posts over the weekend! i hope everyone is ok xxxx

haha Ashley.... I refuse to even THINK about how LO is getting out. I'll worry about that in the 3rd trimester :) You have a beautiful bump though!!!

DH and I just got back from buying paint for the nursery. We're going to start on Sunday! :thumbup:

Glad you're ok Ashley and also that Hch you've had a great week.

Bed time soon for me. A day of films, reading and relaxing. Bliss x

Morning ladies.

Going to pop into a local baby and toddler event tomorrow. It mentioned NCT classes and got me thinking. I'd start in May and it's a 20 hour course with 8 other mums to be and their partners. Everything from breathing in labour & breast feeding expert advice to mixing with other new parents and a reunion session in August. It's £172 which works out at £8.60 per hour. Lot of money tho really on top of all the other costs.
Have any of you taken this course before and is it worth it?

I will do the NHS course but it's a one day thing. Morning about breathing etc, afternoon about breast feeding. It's run at the hospital but I'm wondering is it enough?

Appreciate your advice if you have any.

Also :) my pregnancy app said this week we can hear the baby heartbeat on a normal stethoscope. We have one but it's very hard to find the hb. I can feel her moving all over the place , probably not in one place for long enough.
It also says she is over a lb in weight and the size of a small doll of over 8 inches long :) that in the next 4 weeks she will double in size! Wow!
Exciting xxxxxxx

wow thats does sound exciting starglow!! im having a mega pig out with food the last few days so im thinking bub is having a growth spurt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->