****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Lol Itsy thankfully that is rare in first pregnancy! but just call for an ambulance if you do get stuck, your best been in your home than in your car should you want to push!

I am fortunate that both me and dh are paramedics so he can do the job should he need to but he doesn't want to as with been his own baby he isn't comfortable with it!

Have you tried looking here for OBEM : https://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od
It's the channel it's on and it's tv on demand so hopefully you may be able to view it??

Thanks foxforce, for the link. Unfortunately, I've tried that before (when I go to watch it I receive an error that this is "not available in your area.") I think it can only be watched from the U.K. I have the same problem with the U.S. broadcasts--they won't stream outside of the U.S.

I keep hoping to find one on youtube but so far no full episodes. :(

itsy - i LOVE your stars and moon!! it's going to look fantasitc! a lot of people on the west coast of the US won't even travel to the east coast because there's a Disneyland in California. the difference is that Florida is *NOT* Disneyland, it's DisneyWORLD!! and it's HUUUUUGE! you could easily spend an entire week there and not get to see everything. i love it <3

i went out fishing last night with my OH. we haven't been in like a year! we go to this one fishing pier and usually stay overnight. get there around 6-7 pm and leave between 8-11 am, depending on if we're catching anything. neither of us eat fish so it's just catch and release, but it's so fun! he usually tries to catch sharks (and gets them every now and then!) and i just try to catch... ANYTHING! :haha: i didn't stay overnight and really shouldn't have gone at all since i was in the middle of doing LOADS of schoolwork, but it's been so long i just couldn't pass it up! it's only about a half hour drive from my house so i was there from 7-11:30 pm then left him with his friends. we didn't even catch anything, only a few stupid catfish. we hate catching catfish because their slime repels other fish so you have to first get the damn thing off the hook without stabbing yourself with their spikes, throw it back in, and wipe down the line and hook. they also like to eat the hooks so sometimes we have to cut the line and leave the hook in the poor fish. anyway, sorry was kind of long just going on about fishing, but i really enjoy it! :) hope everyone's doing well today, it's going to be a busy week for me again so i probably won't post much.

hope everyone is okay justpopping in to check!! havent been around too much!!
one born every minute was a bit emotional last night!!

Random question: on the fruit tickers (for how big baby is this week) has anyone else noticed that baby stays the size of a papaya from week 22 - week 24? And then an eggplant for all of month 6? boo! We need some new fruits/veggies :)

Ashley-- glad you had a good time fishing (even if it was only catfish). It's good to take a break from all that studying-- you definitely deserve it! When do classes end? Will you have a break before the BIG day? :)

A bunch of people in my office have organized a squash competition tonight (which I've never played or even seen before). My boss (or rather, my boss's boss) keeps trying to convince me I should play (even when NOT pregnant I'm not sure I'd be in the best shape to compete with them... and now there's no freaking way!) I told them I would come "cheerlead" to show support... but even when he left an hour or so ago he was still trying to convince me to change my mind. HA! not. I'm trying to think of what to say without sounding like I'm whining... something like, "If you haven't noticed: I'm pregnant and I am out of breath after walking up the stairs" doesn't sound appropriate :p they're all being really friendly about it, but they still think I should "give it a try." I'm headed over there now to "cheer" my colleagues on. Hopefully I'll be able to sit on the sidelines without attracting too much attention :)

Hope you ladies have a good evening!

Hehe squash!!!!!!! I get out of breath carrying a bag to my car from work. It's a 30 second walk. Seriously people always think I'm in trouble! Lol. Oh dear.

We were shopping tonight in a wholesalers which is always fun. Walking around was my exercise and tho it's slow walking I get aches all over. Fine tho. All part of being pregnant.

Hubby has found a day to paint the nursary and lol happily!!!!! Not questioning it hehe.

Finally getting my hair cut and coloured on Friday. Nice way to finish after work for the week and then seeing a comedian. Yay.

It's funny when baby girl kicks. I'm wondering what she likes and doesn't like :) yucky person today I had to talk to and she was throwing punches! Aggressive singing she kicked, nice mellow voices she stayed still like she was listening. How funny. It's so nice having my lo with me all the time. Really warm feeling.

Enough of my rambling. Xxx

my last class day is May 4, so I'll have plenty of time to relax and recuperate before baby gets here! :)

starglow, that's so funny about baby's kicks! my little girl seems to get grumpy if i haven't eaten in a while and starts punching. once i start eating she seems so excited and starts kicking! LOL

Itsychik see if this website works x
https://www.seesaw.com/TV/Factual/s-36856-One-Born-Every-Minute

Sorry only been lurking not been up to much....hope you are all well xx

Hey Ailey, thanks for the link... I got really excited because I hadn't tried that one before, but I got a similiar error :(

"We’re sorry...You need to be located in the UK to watch programmes on SeeSaw. This is because we haven't been given permission by the programme makers and rights holders to show the content outside of the UK."

*sigh* Thanks anyway!!

I was driving to work this morning and this crazy guy in another car literally tried to run my car off of the road. I was getting pissed off then I felt LO start kicking around! haha... it made me think that he wanted to kick the other guy too :haha: I also notice LO moving when I'm hungry! One of the updates I read said we might be feeling baby move "almost constantly." I don't have that at all (still just a couple times throughout the day). And I've been able to feel him twice in the past couple days on the outside (but of course, never when DH is around!)

Has everyone else's DH been able to feel baby already?

changing my tickers back to june 29, there's too much confusion going on with all the different clinics and hospital i've been sent to. it's easier than trying to argue with them. so i'm now 23 weeks, AGAIN! lol

my baby girl definitely moves constantly! and OH can feel her every day, pretty much whenever he wants. he will ask me how she's doing and if i tell him she's awake and kicking he hurries over to feel her - he loves it! i like to "play" with her and poke her and see how she responds lol

yeah baby plays with us too its lovely :) he was poking back the girls at work earlier they love it!!
just went into town to get mini eggs nom nom!! and got stopped by 7 different people who i rarely see they were all like gee look at that bump.. hmm i dont think im that big!!!

oh and girls who were askign about the ziggy zebra bouncer its bloody lovely!! well worth the money it has 2 vibration settings and plays a lovely little sleepy tune!! the seat is also large and sturdy!! i was suprised how big it is!!

Hi ladies, just checking in. Glad everyone seems to be ok. I just had what I think is a braxton hicks contraction, it wasn't painful more like my stomach tightening and feeling of discomfort, but its scary! Has anyone else been experiencing them?

oh yes, I think I had my first braxton hicks this morning, didn't have them with my first...the bottom of my bumo went tight and I felt real pressure down below :blush:

really craving raw potato skins and sand...anyone else craving odd stuff?

oh yes, I think I had my first braxton hicks this morning, didn't have them with my first...the bottom of my bumo went tight and I felt real pressure down below :blush:

really craving raw potato skins and sand...anyone else craving odd stuff?

you need to bring this up to your midwife, or whatever healthcare professional you are seeing. craving substances besides food (sand and dirt are very common ones) is called PICA. it usually points to nutritional and/or iron deficiency. it's not something to be worried about because it's fairly common, just make sure you let them know so they can check your bloods. please don't actually eat sand no matter how much you crave it. :)

It's not the actual sand I'm craving, but just the crunch betwen the teeth!

I had the same with my first and everything was fine. I'm one of these odd people who enjoys picnics on the beach just so the sand gets blown in my food...and that's when I'm not pregnant too....I'm just a little odd like that. I used to eat mud too when I was younger...

ohhh i understand what you mean about the crunch of sand lol i'm probably going to the beach this weekend, if i do i'll crunch some for ya! lol i don't particularly look forward to sand in my mouth, but it doesn't bother me, so i can see how you might actually find it enjoyable. :)

"weird" cravings for me is actually fruit lol before being pregnant i NEVER ate any fruit and now there are days where i'm hungry and nothing will satisfy except fruit. for me, that is entirely abnormal. i actually just finished eating an apple lol guess it's a good thing, since nothing else in my diet has changed. i still eat a lot of non-nutritional food and haven't put an actual effort into eating any better. i just eat a bit MORE now :)

morning ladies :) mama afrika braxton hicks are normal :) i think a few of us have been experiancing them , mine started at about 17 weeks! if they become painful then you should speak to your midwife or doctor .

i ordered my tens machine today! its being delivered 3 weeks before my due date! tried to do a birthing plan last night but all i could think of was birthing ball , tens machine and gas and air! LOL oh and for OH to cut the cord! i dont think i really require anything major , i want to be able to move about as much as possible and thats about it! im hoping things go as smoothly as possible! i kept saying to my OH that its nearly june! how quick is it going!?! just my hospital bag to sort out and i think im all done! sorry havent been around but my little boys nursery is closed for a few weeks while thy sort out the drains! so only get to quickly pop on! hope everyone is well x

Hi Everyone!

hch's post made me think of a couple of questions I've been thinking about recently... Does anyone have information/an opinion on any of these questions:

1) What is a TENS machine?! I see this everywhere, but have no idea what it is/does?
2) Anyone with a blue bump (or just anyone with an opinion) given any thought to circumcision? I saw a thread on this yesterday and realized I'd never brought it up with DH... when I asked him last night he's apparently vehemently opposed to it. I've never given it much thought. Any reasons why you would/wouldn't do it?
3) Cutting the cord! If your OH/DH can't or won't do it, are you allowed to do it yourself? (assuming you even feel like it at that point?)
4) Vaccinations... what vaccinations are normal where you live and are you getting some of them/all of them for LO?

These are things that have really been on my mind in the last few days/weeks... I'm curious what you all think about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->