****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

On my way to the hospital, the BH have become more regular and I have period like cramps so they said I should come in. I'm just trusting God that all is well with baby girl. I'll update later.

1) What is a TENS machine?! I see this everywhere, but have no idea what it is/does?

https://wikiparenting.parentsconnect.com/wiki/TENS_Machine_and_Labour

this should explain it better then i can :lol:

2) Anyone with a blue bump (or just anyone with an opinion) given any thought to circumcision? I saw a thread on this yesterday and realized I'd never brought it up with DH... when I asked him last night he's apparently vehemently opposed to it. I've never given it much thought. Any reasons why you would/wouldn't do it?

i have honestly never given it any thought, but unless it was needed to be done for medical reasons i wouldnt have it done

3) Cutting the cord! If your OH/DH can't or won't do it, are you allowed to do it yourself? (assuming you even feel like it at that point?)

im sure your allowed to cut the cord yourself, but again i have never asked to do it as my OH has always done it as its something special for him to do :)

4) Vaccinations... what vaccinations are normal where you live and are you getting some of them/all of them for LO?

my boys have had all their vaccinations :)

heres a list of the vaccinations we have in the uk

https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/vaccinations/Pages/Vaccinationchecklist.aspx

On my way to the hospital, the BH have become more regular and I have period like cramps so they said I should come in. I'm just trusting God that all is well with baby girl. I'll update later.

hope everything is ok hun xxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

Hi everyone,

sorry i have not been on too much, i usually am on during work time but it has been a little hectic round here lately :(

loads to catch up on so just what i can remember for now-

Starglow hope your feeling better now :flower:

Ashley and flybee - fab bumps and jealous also of the lovely weather

Mama Afrika- hope everything is ok

hch- glad you hada good time away :) nice to see you back

Mama Africa. Hope everythings ok hun. Thinking of you xxx

Busy at work. Reading posts just not posting xxx back soon x

Itsy -

HCH has answered your questions so i am just commenting on vaccinations and circumcision.

Vaccinations - both my boys have also had all their vaccinations and i will be doing the same this time.

Circumcision- again both of my boys have had this done but for medical reasons and i can honestly say it was the worst experience i have ever gone through with either of them. They both had a horrible experience with it and even now my youngest is still having trouble with how it healed. If i were having another boy there is no way i would put him through it if there was no medical need. But this is just my opinion from my experience.

Mama Afrika- I hope everything is okay with you! Please let us know what they say at the hospital :flower:

Thanks hch and lolley for your opinions! Re: vaccinations, I looked at the U.K. list and they seem pretty much 'in line' with what I thought was necessary... but yesterday I was reading a different site about vaccines in the U.S. and there were a lot more that seem unncessary to me (for example, vaccine against the flu and chicken pox) :

https://pregnant.thebump.com/new-mo...rticles/vaccinations-what-baby-will-need.aspx

At my next mw appointment I'm going to ask for a list of vaccines given in the Netherlands so I know what they do here... haha then I need to figure out how to translate them into the names I'm used to. I was curious though about what other people were getting doing.

And has anyone used a TENS machine before? Did it help?

:)

I'm back home now. Saw a doctor who did an internal exam and my cervix is closed so I'm not in labour. BP and urine were fine. They were concerned that my period like pains could be from my fibroids and so I have to see if it persists and they may send me for a scan. Her heartbeat was perfect so they are not worried. I feel relieved but I hope I don't have braxton hicks like that for the next 17 weeks.

Thanks for your support ladies.

glad everything is ok and your little girl is happy and well :flower:

glad everything is okay hun :flower:

hope everone else is well.. were having lovely weather down here its been like a sunny summers day here ive had 3/4 lengths on and a summery top and been drinking coffee and appletiser outside in a cafe :) now baking a coffee and walnut cake..yum!!

weather is pants here! cloudy and freezing! i used to live in cornwall in a little village called st keyne near Looe! i remember it used to get lovely there in the spring time! the midlands seems to have been freezing for ages!!! hurry up sunshine!!

Hi Everyone!
2) Anyone with a blue bump (or just anyone with an opinion) given any thought to circumcision? I saw a thread on this yesterday and realized I'd never brought it up with DH... when I asked him last night he's apparently vehemently opposed to it. I've never given it much thought. Any reasons why you would/wouldn't do it?
3) Cutting the cord! If your OH/DH can't or won't do it, are you allowed to do it yourself? (assuming you even feel like it at that point?)

I would only every circumcise for medical reasons and nothing else. I don't think it's necessary otherwise.

My husband was unsure whether he wanted to cut the cord or not so I had nothing in my notes so when the time came the midwife asked who wanted to it, me, him or her. He stepped up in the end though. So yes you should be able to cut it yorsself if you want to.

Mama Afrika, glad you are ok! Take it easy xxx

weather is pants here! cloudy and freezing! i used to live in cornwall in a little village called st keyne near Looe! i remember it used to get lovely there in the spring time! the midlands seems to have been freezing for ages!!! hurry up sunshine!!

I'm with you there so cold today :(

i need some sun!

hopefully the sun will come to you soon!!! its weird all the cars were frosted this morning!! its still only 10 degree's or so according to the thingy on my laptop screen but not much wind!

one week till our babies are all viable girls!!

And has anyone used a TENS machine before? Did it help?

im afraid i havent used one yet! i think i will only be using for the first part of the labour as im hoping my hypno birthing will help with the rest! :) x

It was frosty here too this morning.

I used a tens machine during the first stages of labour but I just got annoyed with it so I won't bother with it again.

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!!

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions! Especially as we approach "v-day" I realize I need to start thinking of all the practical aspects of once baby is actually here! (I spent yesterday browsing the 3rd trimester forum as well) :)

Today I have a "pregnancy massage" at 1:30... I'm so excited! There's a massage therapist literally walking distance (10 - 15 min) from our house, and I gave in and scheduled an appointment. My insurance actually covers up to 40 euros a day in "alternative therapies" so it would be really awesome if I can get re-imbursed as well! :happydance:

This weekend we'll be finishing the painting of the nursery also! :) Lots of exciting stuff going on!

Anyone else have plans this weekend??

not much planned for our weekend hopefully go get some paint and paint the nursery!! othe than that just see the family usuall boring stuff!!x

at the weekend im helping my dad move house! yes im wondering why he asked me to help of all people, its not like i can lift anything! but hey ho! im hoping OH's mum and dad can watch the kids as i dont fancy taking them with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->