****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

hi Ni2ki! Welcome to our group, twin girls how exciting!

Starglow, I know i've thought the same, would be amazing if we lived near each other and could all meet up for coffee and walks in the park with our bubs!

I really should start tidying the house and getting stuff ready for bean, but i'm just SO tired - think i'm still jetlagged though. was up at 5am this morning, I guess its better than 4am!

Lilly I don't know how you're coping with the jetlag. I feel jetlagged all the time and I haven't been anywhere lol.

Awwwwww hubby kissed me and bump goodnight last night. We always snuggle up but he's definitely feeling closer to her now I'm feeling her moving. I can't wait till he can feel her kicks too.

My sister, her hubby and their baby ( who'll be 6 months then) are coming to stay with us from Ireland end of may. I'll be 35-36 weeks pregnant. Good excuse to have the cot up and ready by then and everything else they'll need. She is sending me over a package of my nieces new born clothes. She's only just grown out of them and has such lovely things :) (lol I think I've said this already baby brain). Can't wait to see what comes. X

hey girls - sorry i havent been on for a while, life seems crazeeee!

Work is soo manic which I am not impressed with as my boss said he would try and make things OK but thankfully my maternity cover started last week so once she is up and running it should take the pressure off a bit. At the moment I want to sleep as soon as I get home from work - not good!

MamaAfrika - I am glad everything is OK
Lilly - glad you had a great holiday and awesome bump piccie, very jealous about the sunshine though!
Ashley - lovely bump and again jelaous of the sunshine!
Niki - welcome and congrats on the identical twin girls, a friend of mine is having identical twin boys in 4 weeks!

Happy V day to me today! I am 24 weeks today.... wohoooo

Unfortunately have had more spotting again this weekend but nothing major, I have a antenatal appointment on Weds with my GP so will discuss it all with her then!

We went to an NCT nearly new sale on Saturday and it was really good, manic but good! We picked up a baby carrier for DH, some bedding, a couple of baby grows and a cot mobile (new!)

DH and I are off to Naples for 3 days very early Sunday morning and I can't wait, just a little break I am hoping will make all the difference!

Has anyone else had their energy burst?!? I am still waiting for mine but there is no sign of it appearing!

I think I had my energy burst (as in not completely shattered) for about two weeks and now I'm back to exhausted again. I really do feel jet lagged. I can't keep my eyes open and I just want to be in bed but working today. Next 4 days are crazy hours!!!! Not at all sure how I'm gonna cope :(

yep no energy burst for me either.. i'm in bed right now nearly falling asleep but i have to get Kai from school in an hour so no chance of a nap, scared i'll sleep through the alarm!

Flybee, have an amazing time in Naples, it WILL make all the difference!! glad to hear everythings ok with you, hope work slows down soon :flower:

Starglow, hope you start feeling less tired soon, not great when you know how tired we'll all be when baby gets here! Is this nature's way of preparing us? not funny :haha:

I haven't really been tired at all... I don't know if that counts as an energy "burst" or just as not being tired :)

This weekend I had a lot of energy... painted the nursery, vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed the entire floor (literally on my hands/knees), cleaned all the pets, had a bunch of friends over and cooked for everyone... and there's a giant store nearby (called Baby Planet) that's apparently going out of business and having a sale, so we're going to check it out on Thursday evening to see if we can find any good deals :)

Flybee, have fun in Naples! I want to go to Italy SOOOOOOOOOOO badly!

:hi: Ni2ki

no energy burst for me either, my iron just keeps dropping :(

flybee - happy v day :happydance:

my energy levels are at the max i cant sit still.. boohoooooo!!! if i sit down too long i gt bored!! how pants!!

Make the most of it Strawberry

Itsychic lol I'm exhausted just listening to your weekend lol! I couldn't even go to my friends last night. Had to send hubby on his own lol while I chilled out and went to bed.

i am making he most of it getting paint to finish nursery tonight! baking at the mo.. oh joys!! nom pancake day tomoro!!

welcome to our group, Ni2ki!

i most definitely have not had any sort of energy burst! that's probably my fault though... you know how when you sit around all day you feel so tired even though you haven't done anything? that's pretty much my life. i wake up, eat breakfast, sit in my recliner and spread all my books out around me and sit there ALL DAY LONG until i'm hungry. eat, then back in my chair. lately it's been so hard for my to study, i keep daydreaming about my little girl, or just watching my tummy as she kicks.

i am making he most of it getting paint to finish nursery tonight! baking at the mo.. oh joys!! nom pancake day tomoro!!

Aww man... pancakes sound SOOO good right now!!

I wanted some yesterday (I bought some strawberries to go with them!) but got in the cleaning mode and stuffed my face with a chocolate croissant instead :)

Are pancakes in the U.K. similar to pancakes in the U.S. (fat and fluffy?) Or more similar to crepes in France? (The Dutch pancakes are more similar to France... but I've been DYING for some American pancakes. I even brought some syrup back with me from the U.S. a few weeks ago) :haha:

Hi ladies,

I'm due right around the same time is everyone here. I have been on bnb since I was ttc and I am just now finding this thread...strange I thought I had search for everyone due around me.

I'm 31, live in the US. I am having baby #3. IT's a BOY!!! I have a girl and boy, they are 7 and 5.
My husband and I have been married for 10 years in may, toghether for 15. We were highschool sweethearts. THis will be my last baby, I think three is enough for me so I don't want this to go by too fast but it seems to be doing it anyways. :)

I hope to speak with more of you soon...:)

Itsy - do they really not sell syrup over there? it always amazes me the things i might take for granted that are not available in other parts of the world! i make pancakes at the very least once a week. i didn't used to like them that much, but my OH is a pancake FANATIC so my taste for them has grown because i have to make them for him so often lol a chocolate croissant on the other hand, sounds phenomenal! i love all sorts of chocolate pastries =) i lived in italy for a few years when i was younger, and used to love getting them fresh right after school. pastries in the US just aren't as good. =/

Butterfly - :hi: welcome! I'm also in the US, and this is my first! i'm 22 yrs old, and having a little girl.

:hi: butterfly im also having my third and last i have 2 boys 10 & 7 and am having a girl this time :)

mmmmm were having pancakes tomorrow too yummy, itsy ours are more like the french version only a tiny bit thicker. They are the same sort of size and fairly thin, i love them with fruit and icecream yummy :)

i feel so ignorant sometimes when i'm on here. unless itsy had asked if they were more like crepes or "american" pancakes, i would have just kept assuming everyone who eats a pancake has a thick fluffy thing drenched in syrup LOL :dohh:

welcome butterfly25 and congrats on your team blue...

I cannot wait to stuff a load of pancakes tomorrow, I make savory ones with ham & cheese (cheese is melted into the pancake) and then sweet ones with fruit, maple syrup or good old lemon and sugar YUMMMMMYYY

i've never heard of putting lemon and sugar on a pancake, or trying with ham and cheese... i've got so much to learn! *off to google new recipes*

Welcome Butterfly! This is my second, my first is a boy aged 8, i'm having a girl this time!

YUM PANCAKE DAY TOMORROW!!! I love american pancakes and had lots of them on holiday, with bananas syrup and condensed milk! calorific but yummy.

Tomorrow we'll be making classic british pancakes though, with lemon and sugar yummy! can't wait!!!

bean is currently kicking me in the crotch, nice! :haha:

OMG! I think that almost EVERYONE but me is eating pancakes! When I called DH tonight (it was his night to cook!) he offered to make pancakes... but the Dutch kind... and I really want big, fluffy ones :)

Welcome Butterfly! I'm from the U.S. (Virginia) but live in the Netherlands. This is my first (we're also team blue!) I'm 27 :)

Ashley- don't worry, the only reason I know what's different is because I live here :) Otherwise I might assume the same! And there are LOTS of "American" things I love that I can't get over here... like syrup (they have a "Dutch" syrup but it's really thick and apple-based and not as sweet), lots of sodas (like mountain dew!), mac n cheese, condensed soups, BAKING SODA, cake mixes, pop tarts, most cereals, breyers or edy's ice cream... (and much more) plus non-food items like dryer sheets, and cleaning products that I'm used to... ah man I could go on. Whenever I visit the U.S. I stock up on the things I just REALLY miss

Lilly- I've been kicked in the crotch on two seperate occasions (once while at work). HA, not exactly a pleasant experience :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->