****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

awww lilly make sure you get lots of rest hun , i hope your feeling much better soon x just been to tescos as i really fancied some museli this morning! :lol: cleaned upstairs and im now going to get the pork on for our dinner! we are having pork and stuffing batches with apple sauce and gravy! and roasties on the side! im starving! hope you all have a fab day x

also i think baby is lying funny as im having a weird pressure feeling in my bum (tmi!) yesterday i know he was head down as his feet were in my ribs maybe he just having a good head butting session!

Starglow, everything sounds great! I know the feeling, we're trying to make a bunch of changes at home before baby arrives (little things like curtains, shelves on walls, etc). We started replacing furniture last year--we also had TONS of mixmatched stuff!

Lilly- boo on the stomach virus :( I had one in December and was pretty miserable for 48 hours (I lost 5 lbs). I hope you're feeling a little better today. Is your DH going to help with Kai's birthday? I hope he had a great time!

hch- I also got kicked in the butt yesterday!! It was a REALLY weird feeling... LO has been really quiet today though :shrug:

hope your feeling better soon lilly!!
everyone sounds so busy getting their houses ready before little ones come!! got loads i need to do to ours but aslong as nursery and front room are done by june im not fussed will do the rest in time!!

hi girls, i'm feeling so much better now - thanks for all the comments :flower:
How lovely to wake up and feel good, AND look outside and see an amazing day, its so beautiful and sunny this morning - makes me excited for summer and our babs!!

I've got lots to catch up on now with sorting our house out, really want to get it sorted over the next month, although as bean is going in our room we won't put her cot up until 2 weeks or so before she's due. But we need new chests of drawers and we have to store a load of furniture already in our room somewhere else.

hope everyone is having a lovely day xxxxx

ps happy belated V day to Starglow and Ping and anyone else i missed!

Thanks hun. Glad you're back to yourself today. With you on the sunny day thing. It's great. I love summer.

Aw hubby and I got into bed to watch a film last night and he felt the baby kick for the first time. Yay! He was delighted :) she was really kicking big kicks!

Both not working today which is great but massive job clearing the spare room now before painting it. Has to be all back neat and tidy by tonight with friends staying at the weekend!

Hope you're all ok x

So glad you are feeling better Lilly.

I am just writing my letterr to work for my maternity leave. Woop!! I've decided I am am leaving last week in may. how about everyone else? x

Good morning ladies!

Monday again... blah.

I didn't get much sleep last night... woke up often with back pain and couldn't seem to get comfortable. I gave up around 5am and just laid on my back, trying to get LO to move around but he was REALLY quiet all day yesterday... barely felt him at all :(

Had a pretty good weekend though... and we unexpectedly got a new dressoir from a friend which is awesome. We've been searching for something we like for the past year, and haven't found anything (or anything within budget) but some friends are selling theirs for super cheap and we're really excited about it!

Lilly, glad you're feeling better :hug:

Starglow, good luck with cleaning out the room!

Ailey, I am also going on leave at the end of May (it's legally required in the Netherlands). I submitted my paperwork last month but am waiting for HR to get back to me. I am REALLY looking forward to it!

Pingu and strawberry, hope you guys also have a great day!

im going at end of may too :) got my matb1 form today from midwife had 25 week checkup and everyhting is fine and dandy!!

lovely sunny day ive got the rest of the day off so taking a break at mo coffee and jacket potato for early lunch!! then have a clean up got all the windows down today letting the fresh air in :D

Hi all

how quick was that weekend!? Gorgeous day yes but booo being at work

Lilly sorry to hear you have been unwell and in hospital, glad your better now :flower: A colleague of mine has been ill all weekend with a stomach bug so you are not alone.

Starglow yay on dh feeling baby kick it's so lovely for them to experience

Ailey I thought end of May but now thinking end of first week in June.

hch I keep getting a pressure low down had it last night right in bum region I put it down to baby pressing or kicking. I think - a total guess but that baby is feet up in my rib/side kinda of laid diagonal.

We had a busy weekend but productive, nursery is painted and bordered up, looks lovely :D I made some blueberry muffins :thumbup: ended up on my feet all day yesterday and didn't sit until 1830 my lower back was killing - was walking like an%2

I'm also leaving at the end of May, I'm taking annual leave for 2 weeks then officially start maternity leave on 13 June, I can't wait!

so exciting to think we all have about 10 weeks of work left a bit more for some of you who are working into pregnancy late! im really looking forward to the break getting up for work every morning is a drag!! as much as i love my job and il miss the kiddies when i do go bet il be up visiting every week!! lol got lots done today totally gutted my kitchen out and the bedroom sorted all mine and oh's clothes out put lots of washing on and tided up the front room and the paperwork draw!! going to leave the bathroom for oh to clean and he can hoover around too!! hehe!!

whats everyones plans for maternity leave from keeping you bored? im not sure what im going to do i will wash and iron all of bubs clothes before he comes and organise his draws proberly but other than that i havent got much to do except pick up some last minute bits for my hospital bag and last little bits for bub :D

Well I have two weeks leave from that end of first week in June so won't start maternity until end of June :D I can't wait as with not doing my 'normal' job I'm finding it quite boring tbh!

Strawberry I think I will find plenty to do with washing all lo's clothing and bedding and be nice to maybe catch up with friends too. We have a wedding one weekend at the Lakes so just hoping baby doesn't come early!

happy belated v day to you girls who have reached 24 weeks! :)

really pleased you are feeling better Lilly :)

itsy and foxforce i also had a really bad back last night, much like it was in the early stages of pregnancy! i was in agony! couldnt get comfortable at all! slept with my big hot water bottle in the end to try and ease it but still had a rubbish nights sleep! felt ok today tho but have been out most of the day searching for a tokyo mater for my sons birthday! LOL have to go to solihull in the week to th disney store if i cant find it! he is pretty obsessed with lightning mcqueen! speak soon x

I'm thinking I might take my maternity leave early - early or Mid May possibly. As a freelancer, I don't get maternity pay but maternity allowance from the government - in that time I can work 10 days - so I was thinking I may as well get the money from the government as much as I can - at the moment my work is SO quiet I am barely working one day a week - so it makes sense for me to be getting my MA and using the few jobs that come in as my '10 keep in touch days'. This way, I can also pick and choose the highest paying jobs so really, I'd still be earning while receiving MA at the same time.

Another thing is, I have to lug a VERY heavy makeup kit with me all the time, I don't drive in London - so this is up and down tube/train stairs with a massive suitcase, not great for 8 months preggers!

I'm VERY much looking forward to stopping working, especially over the summer months, we're so lucky to be having summer babies girls!

I'm seeing my GP tonight about my vein - read an article about DVT and am now freaking out! (probably over nothing, but better to safe than sorry!)

hope everyone's had a good day xx

Good luck at the gp's Lilly hopefully they'll reassure you everything is ok :D always best if your concerned to see someone.

And happy belated v day to those whom I missed :flower:

hch I know my back pain was purely from not sitting in hours, my ankles were little swollen too. Glad your ok today :D Haven't got a clue what else your talking about :haha: thought was something about the earthquake at first mention Tokyo lol

Phew! We painted the nursery at last. It's lovely. We tried the furniture every way to see if we could also set the cot up but not a chance! We haven't stopped all day. I've just sat down for 2 mins to relax. So much stuff still to sort ( litterally stuff everywhere lol)
We put the girlie ceiling lamp shade up :) and baby chest of drawers will be moving into her room in a while. I'll leave a drawer free for guests to use for now. Need to buy girlie table lamp (for guests too) and girlie curtains ( blinds already there). Very tempted to put the wall stickers up as a border now. Bet I do.

During all this the man who is laying our wood floor popped around and we chose the bathroom flooring. Ah it's all go. Lounge will be last for painting I think.

Sorry boring I know lol. Back later x

starglow its not boring!! i love hearing of progress on houses and nurseries!!

Oh and my maternity leave starts Friday 17th June. Think I'll be finished on the Wednesday 15th June which is great. So 18 days ish before my edd. :) not many weeks to go considering I have 2 weeks at easter off and first week in June off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->