****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Yeah I think I'll ask my midwife about it. No harm. I see her next 11th April.

Hubby is taking a week paternity leave and a week holiday. Really happy he's taking 2 weeks as I thought he was just taking the one. Lol can u imagine all of us at 38 + weeks all comparing notes on how to bring on labour hehe. It's just around the corner.

Someone at work presumed by my bump that I'd have about 6 weeks till my due date! Oh dear!

@ Ashley- how cute!! I could view the video just fine, I love how you point to where the kicks are coming :) Mine aren't visible yet!

@ Starglow- how nice that your hubby will be taking so much time off! DH and I have agreed he won't take any additional time in the beginning unless I really need lots of help (but in NL you get a nurse sent to your home for like 5 work days to help with baby and cleaning up, etc... so DH won't be "needed") plus my parents will likely be here, so we're saving his vacation for a few weeks afterwards.

Although I agree, it's going to be pretty funny when we're all on here exchanging ideas on how to get things moving along! :)

I'm not sure if OH is even going to get any time off work. If he stays at his current job, he will have 1 week's worth of vacation time around the middle of August. So he will probably just request off for a few days when baby is born, and then take the week vacation when he gets it since I'll be starting school again around that time so that he can be home with baby my first week back in school. If he changes jobs like he wants to (he's not making very much money at his current job) then he won't have any vacation time but will TRY to negotiate some time off when he gets hired. I know my mom will be coming down to help out about a week before i'm due then will stay for a week or 2, so at least I won't be alone.

i don't even want to think yet about "getting things moving along"!!!! time is flying by SO fast, we're going to all have babies before we know it!

Morning everyone, ooh I missed the post from Lilly yesterday first thing about when to move to 3rd tri. My pregnancy app and my books say 28 weeks is 3rd tri. But I thought it was 26 weeks. Confuzzled! :)
I sometimes read in 3rd tri cause I'm interested. I suppose 27 weeks is a good time.
Yay tho!

Hope everyone has a great day today xxxxxxx

Ashley those kicks are so cute!! I love your bump. Isn't it amazing, My DH and son like to watch my tummy move - i should record it too thats such a good idea! Yesterday I swear I felt an actual foot or something pop out, it was the weirdest feeling - she's been kicking for ages but when i put my hand on my tummy yesterday it was almost like i pushed an actual foot back in!

re the sweep - I would definitely say no, i've heard its just a horrible experience. When baby wants to come she'll come! I'm hoping to be quite near the due date, Kai was only 2 days past his due date which is pretty good for a first baby. Although I'd love to have a July baby (like me!)

Oh, HUGE news for me, my bestest best friend in the whole world, is preggers!!!! I'm SO excited we are pregnant together! She's 2 months now, due in October. I'm really happy for her.

Hope everyone has a good day :flower: x

What's everyones first names? (obviously don't share if you'd prefer not too) I never wanted to be 'starglow' lol but I tried my real name and there were loads of them.

Anyway I'm Ashley ( most call me Ash ) ..... But confusing when we have an Ashley here already :)

Btw I couldn't see your video Ashley. Don't know why.

Lilly ..... That's how I feel re the sweep Altho I don't want to go over 2 weeks. I also don't want to wish her out. As you say when she's ready to come out she will. I also want some me time from when I leave work. My sister never had that time as she went 3 weeks early!
Oohh and great news re your best friend.

Strawberry hope you're feeling better hun x

I had a sweep with my daughter but my cervix was still too high so it wasn't successful. Trust me when you are 2 weeks overdue you will let them do anything if it helps baby make an appearance.

Feeling a little less dizzy today, which is good. Got the plumbers here putting in my new boiler and I think the were born in a barn!! :p

Good morning ladies!

Lilly, congrats on your bf! How exciting! None of my close friends are pregnant now (in our group/circle of friends, 4 have had babies in the last 6 months... so I'm the late one here) :)

Starglow/Ash (I think I'd have to get used to calling you "Ash" as I'm so used to "Starglow" now!)... my first name is "Leigh" but my nickname/screen name has been "Itsychik" since I was like 12, so any variation thereof is fine with me too :)

I'm hoping LO is born in June... because (as opposed to Lilly!) my birthday is also in July, so I'd rather have a June baby :) Although lots of my friends/family also have birthdays in July (my mother, grandmother, several of my close friends/old roommates, etc). But no one in my family or DH's family have birthdays in June... so I'd like LO to have a month all to himself :)

Sorry Starglow/Ash I missed your post...my name is Ailey! Ha, bet you couldn't guess. My nickname is mouse as I was so petite when I was a baby, still am the smallest out of my sisters.

I'd rather have June baby, just because I don't want to go overdue again. But I won't be holding my breath!

Starglow I'd never have guessed you were Ashley too! I knew Itsy you were Leigh from previous posts and Ailey, thats a beautiful name, unusual - is it short for something?
My first name is Lyndsay - my full name is ridiculous. It's Lyndsay Lilly-Anne Keys Westbrook! Keys is my maiden name, WEstbrook my married name. But everyone (all my friends etc) call me Lilly.

Re the sweep - yes i think if i was way overdue I'd do anything to get her out!! Luckily I didn't have to wait long for Kai, hoping it will be the same this time around

xx

Thanks Lilly, it's not short for anything, although is a variation of Aileen/Alison. It's a scottish name, and the gaelic way of spelling it is Eilidh.

Been doing some gardening this morning, it's beautiful out! Not jumpers/coats needed!

Boiler is all fixed so will be have a nice relaxing bubble bath tonight!

i have had a stretch and sweep and if your body isnt ready to give birth then its friggin painful! i was climbing the bed and i wish i had never had it done! i wont be doing it again! my cervix was still really high so she literally had her arm in me trying to find it! Awful awful awful!

My name is Hayley! i hate my name! its so boring! LOL!

Ailey, I agree-- you have a beautiful name!

flumpsmummy-- welcome to our group!! :) You're certainly welcome to join!

hello everyone,and thank you itsychik, well heres a little about me and my pregnancy so far..... im katie,27, have 2 boys jonathan,10, finley,3, i live in east yorkshire,england, with my partner craig,30, and were expecting a girl in june.

i had terrible sickness from week 6-14
14wk felt baby move
16wk started having BH (still am)
19wk started with SPD
20wk found out it was a girl
24 wk got referred to a physio about SPD
and im now 25w+5

im really excited about having a girl this time round as i was 100% sure it was another boy, just hope she doesnt turn out to be a he cos ive bought a ridiculous amount of pink clothes already.

welcome flumpsmummy! congrats on your baby girl :D

Hi Katie - congrats on team :pink: !!! I am 33, live in London with my DH who is 31 - I have a little boy Kai who's just turned 8. I am SOOOO excited to have a girl this time around, I have gone girl crazy already!

Need your opinions girls - on the name of my baby.

So we really love Ivy - so thats what her first name is.. I also think Ivy and Kai sound nice together. But she'll have two second names.. and thats what i need help with. My french grandma's name is Claudine so thats definitely one of them.. but which do you girls prefer:

Ivy Grace Claudine

Ivy Jane Claudine

Ivy Lila Claudine

I just don't know how to choose!!! Lila is slightly winning for me, Grace is winning with DH. Jane is my sister's second name. I want a name that is traditional and old fashioned but also unique and beautiful.

Its so hard!!!

Welcome flumpsmummy! I'm 26, married to my husband Paul who is also 26. Our daughter Amber is 3 and we are expecting another girl 28th June xx

Lilly I think Ivy Grace Claudine is lovely, well they all are but that is my favourite.

We're stuggling with middle names too. We're set on Georgia for her first name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->