• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support Group failed IVF/ICSI IUI or any failed assisted conceptions 2014

Hi Girls
Hope you dont mind me posting on here. I have just had my 2nd failed IVF, and feeling very down. Both attempts have gone very smootly, more so on the second attempt. My first attempt I had 8 eggs, 5 fertlised, then 2 transferred on day 3, however these embries were not of the best quality. 2nd attempt, 11 eggs, 9 fertlised, and then had two perfect 4 cells returned on day 2.
I just do not understand I dont know what to do. Have I just been unlucky? I have been doing lots of reading up about having immune tests, and have found alot sites saying its a waste of time. Am I just unlucky will this happen for me? Based on my fertlisation rate, and quality, I just do not understand. I have just received a letter to tell me I have two frozen so the quality must be good, why will they not stay with me.

Hope somebody can help a very upset little tigger

Thanks xx

Sending you loads of :hugs: Tigger. It's really really hard. I'm just recovering from my first cycle, which failed. I had 2 blasts and 1 morula put back, so my expectations were really high. From what I've read, and been told, it just takes a few more tries for some. It's a good thing you have frosties. You could try FET before considering a fresh cycle.

I just decided to proceed with FET, probably in January. We have 5 frosties, so we might as well see what we can do with them before jumping right into a fresh cycle.

Sending huge :hugs: to everyone.

Hi ladies!

Helen i'm really sorry things aren't going well for you at the moment. But at the same time if you experienced something similar last cycle and got 8 eggs then try to stay positive (I know easier said than done), as my consultant always says you only need one! (Usually wanted to kick her when she said it but it is true!!) I will be thinking of you.

Isi your hospital should be able to offer you councelling. They told me that IVF is one of the only treatments that they have onsite councillors for. You should look into it. Ultimately i know it won't change anything but it does help to talk to a neutral party. As for next steps i'm back to the hospital saturday for my prescriptions. Gotta take norethisterone to induce a bleed (I don't have regular AF), then after 2 weeks they give me a shot of zolodex. I don't know if you are familiar? Its like a temp. menopause and shuts all your hormones down and is to help shrik a cyst I have on my right ovary. have had it twice before and gives me terrible hot flushes!! Then after that wears of after 3 months another 2 weeks on norethisterone, then AF, then IVF. Bloody hell, feel like a junkie with all the drugs involved. Be worth it 1000000000000 times over though if it works!!

Stay strong everyone, Lolly xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Hi Lolly- Noticed that you will be on Zoladex. I am also currently on the same treatment with Lupron depot. One injection a month for 3 months. this is to shrink my endo. I am taking add back meds (low dose estrogen and progesterone) and have not got any side effects till now. Only frequent headaches.

Hi Tigger, i'm so sorry you are feeling so low. We all know how much it hurts and send you hugs. You have good news that you still have some snow babies though. I'm with Isi when sometimes you just can't understand why it didn't work as everything seems to look so positive. I felt the same and now it makes me scared of another cycle. But as everyone keeps telling me 'these things happen' Grrrrrr!!! I want to scream at them when they do!!!

Hi looknomore, I will probably have my injection in about 2 1/2 weeks. They either do one a month or one large one that lasts the whole 3 months. I went for that last time as it saves the extra stress of travelling although the size of the injection has put me off!! The nurse said 'oooh I don't like doing this, its such a big needle'.... Ummmm thanks!!! And that was before she'd done it!!! How were you after? I went back to work last time but had an awful pain and couldn't really do much. Will prob have a day off this time. Although first time I was fine, but had it in my bottom instead on stomach that time so maybe thats way, more surface area!!! :haha:

I hope things are ok for you helen, sending positive vibes and :hugs:

Hi Inky, hope you are ok, and to everyone on this thread.

Lots of love, Lolly xxx

Big, big :hugs: Tigger.

It sounds so simple that you have the right quality embies, put in the right place and so it seems like you couldn't not be successful. I really can't figure it out.

I know last time I was disappointed not to have any frosties as I was convinced this would be the only way I would get pregnant but I've seen many stories on here where people with frosties don't get pregnant and those without do. We talked to the Embryologist about it at the time and she couldn't explain why some implant and some don't.

The only thing I can say is that if they expected it to work that well for everybody then the NHS in the UK wouldn't recommend that women should be eligible for 3 cycles. Do you have the option of a third attempt? My ex boss' wife got pregnant on her third attempt which keeps me going.

Today I had EC which was potentially the end of the road. Thankfully it wasn't and they managed to retrieve 7 eggs. I'm still really nervous about the quality and will feel happier once I've had fertilisation confirmed. B*gg*r all chance of frosties I would say but if I get 2 embies to put back in I'll be happy.

Thinking of everyone,
H xx

Hi

Not been on here in a while. I found out today that our 4th IUI has not worked and I'm just wondering if it ever will! Our first IUI in March was successful however I miscarried at 9 weeks. Me and hubby have been ttc for nearly 5 years now. Has anyone else been in a similar situation with the IUI's? Did it ever work for you again? I just feel like giving up at the moment and as we approach December all I can think about is the fact I would have been due.

It would be great to talk to people who are in a similar situation.

J x

Hi

Not been on here in a while. I found out today that our 4th IUI has not worked and I'm just wondering if it ever will! Our first IUI in March was successful however I miscarried at 9 weeks. Me and hubby have been ttc for nearly 5 years now. Has anyone else been in a similar situation with the IUI's? Did it ever work for you again? I just feel like giving up at the moment and as we approach December all I can think about is the fact I would have been due.

It would be great to talk to people who are in a similar situation.

J x

Hi JAR. I also hace 4 failed IUIs. I conceived on the 3rd but miscarried at 6 weeks. The doc suggested a Lap right away as we were unexplained so there was no reason why the IUIs kept failing and the chemical. And sure enough- I had grade 3/4 endo and PID which had caused inflammation of the tubes. We tried an IVF post that but sadly that didnt work too. I am currently doing 3 months of Lupron injections to quieten my endo before we try again. I think maybe u should think about an IVF now. Has ur problem been diagnosed yet?

Hi looknomore,

I had a lap done two years ago and nothing was found - they have diagnosed us as 'unexplained' which is frustrating to say the least! I am scared to move onto IVF as I think our problem may be implantation (I have had 2 miscarriages) and I don't want to waste the only funded go we have. It's so unfair isn't it - I suppose I'm just on a bit of a downer this weekend. When will you begin treatment again?

Joining in... just had my second IVF cancelled due to poor response, and had 5 failed IUIs. Well, more accurately, this IVF has been converted to an IUI which we will do on Tues morning, so technically there is a chance it will work, but a very low one.

We're looking at an egg donor program next.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hi looknomore,

I had a lap done two years ago and nothing was found - they have diagnosed us as 'unexplained' which is frustrating to say the least! I am scared to move onto IVF as I think our problem may be implantation (I have had 2 miscarriages) and I don't want to waste the only funded go we have. It's so unfair isn't it - I suppose I'm just on a bit of a downer this weekend. When will you begin treatment again?

Hi JAR

Unexplained infertility is frustrating. Interesting info for u. For women who have multiple failed IVFs and endometriosis, they can be lacking in what is called Beta 3 Integrin. This is missing in some women and is responsible for successful implantation and esp in women with endo. There is an endometrial biopsy that can be done to check if its missing. The other option is going on GnRh analogue treatment for 2-3 months. Thats what I am doing.

Still early for u. I personally feel u should go ahead with an IVF. It gives u a clearer picture of what the problem is. And u might just hit it off with the 1st attempt. It works for a lot of women.

I will probably do my 2nd attempt in Feb/March 2011.

All the bestxx

Hi there, I just found out that my first round of IVF with ICSI has failed. I am so broken hearted and gutted. I really hoped for 2 lines but no, we got a BFN!

I'm 29 (almost 30) and dh is 31. There is male factor infertility and also problems with me. I have 2 blocked tubes and low amh. After stimming (on a very high medication dose) we got 8 eggs on egg collection day and we were so happy. The next day we got the dreaded phonecall that 3 were immature, another 3 disintegrated (were really soft and just fell apart before they could be injected) and only 2 had made it(one looked ok but the other didnt). The doctor wanted me up the next morning to have a 2 day embryo transfer. When we arrived we were told one more embryo hadnt made it so we had just one to transfer.

The transfer went well but obviously it didnt work!! I'm so devastated.

How long do you have to wait to do another round of IVF?? Does your body need alot of recovery time??

And for anyone who has had poor quality eggs - is there anything i can do to improve the quality??

Hi Wisful Think

I'm really sorry to hear your news. I know just how heart breaking it is and can only say that you have made a good decision by joining this thread as people on here truly understand the hurt you're feeling. Despite support from family and friends it sometimes nice to talk with people that really can empathise. Sending you :hugs:

My hospital say that with fresh embryo transfer the waiting period in between cycles is 3 months. This allows time for all the medication you have been taking to work itself out of your system. I initially thought that if my IVF ICSI treatment failed I would want to try again straight away. But when I got my BFN that changed and I felt that I needed the 3 months in order to mentally recover as well as physically. I was due to have my second cycle in January, but have recently heard they want to treat a cyst first so it has been put back until Easter time, which is a bit frustrating to say the least! Hopefully you will not have any other probs and will be able to try again soon.

I'm sorry but not very sure about info regarding egg quality but sure someone else out there can help you.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok and getting into the christmas spirit.

Helenttc, have been thinking of you and hope things are going as well as they can for you.

Much love, Lolly xxxxx

Wishful think - I hope you find this thread useful. I can't answer on the quality of eggs but in terms of starting your next round, we began ours about 6 weeks after our first cycle failed. I think that was pretty quick but they asked us if we were ready and we said yes.

I'm currently 9dpo and due to test on Friday but I've began spotting so I think AF is on her way. I'm devastated and I wonder if I should have waited longer to give myself time to recover? That said I don't think any failed attempt is easy to get over no matter when it was.

Lolly - thank you for thinking of me xxx

Hi Helen

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hope that spotting is implantation. xxx

Hi haven't been here for a while so just thought would add two penny's worth.

Hi wishful. Sorry to hear about failiure. We have all been through failed cycles so completely know how you feel (it sucks) I, like lolly have had to wait for next treatment. My clinic also has a 3 month rule. There are two reasons for this. One is to get emotionally prepared for next cycle and two is for hormones to work their way out of system ( as lolly says) Initially I felt that this was a long wait but I think I needed it. I am having a FET in Jan. After failed cycle I did not get a period for 43 days. usually my cycle is 31 days. My last cycle was back to normal. This is different for everyone. I think every clinic is different in the way they operate.

Just a quick note for Helen - i don't think you were too quick to jump into it (its whats right for you) IVF didn't have a good affect on my body (put on weight and became spotty) so I needed a break to try and lose some the weight gain. I also had a degree of OHSS. I think as sila says you may well have implantation and seem to recall when we were on August thread you had that before (isn't that right) and you were pregnant. So don't give up, just remember its all those damn hormones making you feel negative ( I know how it is)

Hi Sila and lolly hope you are also okay. Lolly I am definately in xmas spirit have all decorations up and have been baking (not good if you are on a ww diet) but as hit by very deep snow - was nothing else to do. Hope everyone else okay tooxxxxxx

Thanks Inky, once again you seem to know the right thing to say. Yes I did have spotting last time, it was at 11dpo last time and 9dpo this time. It seems to have settled down a bit today but I don't know why but I just feel that I'm not going to get to my test date before AF shows. I've taken two days off work though as I didn't sleep at all last night. I really hate how this whole thing sends me so crazy, I'm just glad hubby is so supportive and that all you wonderful ladies are around also.

Thinking of you all,
H xx

Hi all, in a quest to cheer you all up and get you in the festive spirit. There is a wonderful website with a selection of interactive christmas cards. I can guarantee they will keep you entertained for a while. Check them out at www.jacquielawson.com hopefully you will find them as joyful and entertaining as I do x

Helen - hang in there. check out the cardsxxxxx

Love Inksxxxxxx

Good luck Helen, and the fact its settled down a bit has got be a positive if anything. Praying its implantation. Keep your chin up although I know thats far easier said than done. Everything crossed for you xxx

Thanks for the link Inky, will be checking that out next to add to my festive mood! Its lovely working in a nursery at Christmas with the excited children, but also makes me sad thinking what i'm missing out on. Have my little kitten to keep me busy though, a mad cat and a christmas tree full of baubles don't mix!!

Hope you are finding this thread a help wishful.

Hope everyone out there is ok, Love Lolly xxxxxxxx

Hi everyone

Helen - I'm glad you are taking some time off. This whole process is really draining and stressful and keeping a full time job going at the same time can just feel like to much. Good luck -the fact that the spotting has settled is a good sign!

Inky - thanks for the link. I too am getting in the festive spirit. Iwent out with friends on Fri and had way too much to drink - haven't been drinking since June but had real fun. I really needed to let my hair down. Won't be able to do that again though as my new cycle will be in Jan.

Lolly - I work with kids too and can't wait to have my own at Xmas time! We will get there I'm sure.

Wishful - hope you are feeling a little better.

I will only have had 2 cycles after my miscarriage before I start again. I really feel like I need to get going though as the waiting really does my head in!!! I felt so sad when I went Xmas shopping earlier - seeing lots of baby clothes etc. I feel like everyone thinks I shoudl be over it now - it was only an early miscarriage to some but after nearly 3 weeks I am still completely devastated. Feel like the walking dead at work and am still in shock! Am I over reacting?

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->