• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Well ladies a bit disappointed with the wtf appt! Basically if I go ahead with my next cycle with them they will not be doing anything different and no test etc as they don't do them at the clinic!!!!!! So frustrated at the moment as after 4 transfers and not one of them taking at all there has to be something wrong.

Anyway going forward in going to do my last funded cycle with them in January but in the meantime look for a private clinic to get a consultation to see what they think.

Feeling deflated at the moment can't even talk about it at the moment without breaking down and thinking is there any hope for us xx

Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Bugs, Sounds like you have a great plan going forward and great news that they are going to use your own eggs before DE. Can i ask what is your reason for going to athens for treatment? :hugs: xx

Clare - I think that all sounds wonderfully positive! (BTW we're taking Resveratrol extra too *smile). And in just two months (and a wee bit) you will be going back from treatment. I am so excited for you!! :)

Sandy, I find that quite odd, that they just stubbornly want to go down the same road as before without considering changing / improving something... But perhaps, hopefully, the January cycle will work!!! Keeping fingers crossed for you!! xx

Hi Sandy, we've used the 2 main clinics in the north west of England so our decision was either London or abroad. Because I have immune issues we decided abroad would be best as well as cheaper. I've read such good things about Serum on the fertility friends website so we decided to go for it. We are also extremely lucky in that my OH got his inheritance recently as we lost his mum in the spring so fianancially we are in a good place which takes so much pressure off and means I don't have to sponge off my parents xxxx

Hi ladies :)

Jo- I am a lot better now thank you and yep im back at work but not so bad as lots of stuff planned for halloween, then the run up to Christmas and a food drive etc so lots to keep me busy and a better atmosphere :) hope your ok? x

Clare- I am so happy for you as your consult sounds sooo positive! i must admit we just are not in a financial position to continue with a small chance of success so we will have 1 more cycle with my own eggs and then unless we win the lotto we will be saving and taking the DE route as can't afford to carry on like this with my egg quality issues. Any ideas on other tests etc i should be asking for next year? iv had the endo biopsy and the Lap and all clear aside from mild Endo and we know my AMH is low at 2.5 but i am your age and don't wanna give up on my poor eggies just yet either... x

Sandy- I would be getting a 2nd opinion. I do find when you pay they listen to you more which is not right but true :( Good luck x

Andrea- How are you doing? x

Hi to Cvaeh and all the girls x

AFM- Nothing exciting to report here. I had a audition for the chase the other day and didnt get through which was a bummer as was hoping to get on and win some cash! lol. It was a long shot. Tomorrow i have my opps evening for slimming world to see about buying a franchise and becoming a consultant to increase our income so we can be better off cash wise and have more choices regards our attempts to get our baby so trying to be positive and aiming to better our lives xxx

Thanks Sarah it's hard to know really what to focus on with yourself. It could be an egg quality issue or it could be an implantation issue. The fact that you naturally got pregnant twice before to me is a sign that you do produce good eggs but the high dose of stimms could be having a detrimental effect on your egg quality so maybe a different opinion on stimms could be in order. However from my experience they seem to think low AMH = maximum stimms.

I'll let you know my protocol when I get it I'm really hoping for a quality over quantity result this time and am just glad that someone is not prepared to give up on me. I'll try and keep track of what we spend aswell so you can compare if it would be cheaper abroad xxxx

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Thanks Clare would really appreciate that. I just don't want to spend a small fortune again before we are fully aware of what is causing our cycles to fail... i agree that if i managed to get pregnant twice before even though it was over 3yrs ago, that surely i must have a few good eggs left at least and i would rather get 1 or 2 good quality eggs than 7 poor quality. I think last cycle i was given far too many stimms as that cycle produced our lowest quality embie yet... aaah its so sad and frustrating to keep getting so close yet so far isnt it?!
All the kids going to Halloween parties and posts on FB about parents buying xmas gifts for their kids is breaking my heart this year more than ever. Im getting beyond desperate now and i dont need to tell you how awful that feeling is ;(

Hope everyone else is coping ok as the festive period approaches xxx

Hi All,
Just came back from a weekend away with DH. It was nice but we did get some bad luck as well. On DH birthday he had a puncture tyre and one of our outings got cancelled but we still managed to have a good relaxing massage and soaked into the hot pools which was great!!

Sarah, definitely understand what you are going through watching all the little kids dressing up. I really hate how all the ladies at work have kids and they go on about them & always go to me don't you want kids Jo arghhhh :growlmad: What do you have to organise for Christmas?

Sandy aren't there any other tests that your RE can do to see how they can change up your protocol? What quality are your embryos sorry if you have managed this before.

Sandy aren't there any other tests that your RE can do to see how they can change up your protocol? What quality are your embryos sorry if you have managed this before.

Sounds like you had a good relaxing weekend away even with the mishap and having a outing cancelled.

RE said there are no additional test from what they have done already to warrant a change in protocol. :nope: My embryo's have always made it to day 5 blastocyst and even had a hatching blastocyst last cycle. We are going to book in to do our last funded cycle in Jan 2014 and see what happens. I'm the meantime we are going to enjoy time together, got lots of stuff planned for the coming months so will keep busy and go back to exercising again. xx

Sarah, it's definitely a hard time with halloween and christmas is so close, i do find it hard sometimes going out with a couple of close friends as I'm starting to feel like we have nothing in common anymore as there life is there children. Our time will definitely come I'm sure of it :hugs: xx

Sounds like you had a good relaxing weekend away even with the mishap and having a outing cancelled.

RE said there are no additional test from what they have done already to warrant a change in protocol. :nope: My embryo's have always made it to day 5 blastocyst and even had a hatching blastocyst last cycle. We are going to book in to do our last funded cycle in Jan 2014 and see what happens. I'm the meantime we are going to enjoy time together, got lots of stuff planned for the coming months so will keep busy and go back to exercising again. xx

Sandy are you taking baby aspirin ? some girls says it helps maybe you could ask whether they reckon it is more an implantation issue rather than embryo quality. Yes enjoy this rest period it is important for the body and the mind.

Another friend just announced that she was 11 weeks pregnant. As she has had no problems she told us earlier than normal. Some ladies are just so lucky!!! I hope our turn is coming soon!!!

Jo- Glad you had a nice weekend even with the mishaps ;) x

Sandy- It sounds like more of a implantation issue than a embryo issue if you have managed to get to blast. I would request more progesterone and also take baby aspirin incase there are blood clotting issues. Have you ever had a endo biopsy? the trauma of the scratch has been known to aid implantation. Never worked for me as my issue is egg quality but could help you x

Hi to all the gang xx

AFM- Well bit annoyed today as i have a close friend who has been ttc for around 18mths as she has pcos she doesnt ovulate reg so the RE put her on clomid and this cycle was her 1st on it and cos she didnt get pregnant she text me and cancelled our lunch meet today as she is so 'devastated'. I know this is prob going to sound harsh but i told her all along not to build her hopes up too much to fall preg on her 1st clomid cycle and that all it gives you is a chance and the day after my 3rd IVF cycle failed i had to go to her engagement party and never let her down and i was heartbroken that week but pulled it together so not to let her down and that was my 3rd failed IVF not my 1st failed clomid ffs!! i feel so angry and also angry that she see's it appropriate to complain to me- a woman with no tubes, two angels lost and 3 failed cycles?!! she doesnt know what hardship is.
Sorry for rant just had to get that off my chest xxx

Hi ladies

Sarah - you rant away I have a friend similar that was around at my house crying for 3 hrs after her first failed cycle but she has 4 in the freezer. But when my frozen cycle failed I got a text mess and then nothing for weeks an then she is now not taking to me cos I told her I was upset she hadn't bothered on my cycle but expected me to be there for hers! WTF!?!

Jules - sounds like a nice weekend I have one with my oh this weekend 2 nights in a spa our first break anywhere in 18mths and I can't wait!

Sandy - I'm the same I got BFP but miscarried and I get to blastos each time but AMH is zero so not sure if egg or implantation issue and there is no test to tell you. Next time I'm seriously considering chromozone testing the embryos then will tell me if it's eggs or not. Had all the immune tests and all negative so it's tough to know what to do isn't it!?

Afm - got two nights in a spa this weekend - facial and massage are booked and dinner on the first night! We both cannot wait. Prob will start making appts for consultations jan/feb so know what we are doing next. Before then I will be speaking to a few people I know who've been to both clinics and my brother knows an ex nurse from one on the clinics too so will definately be getting answers from her.

Lots of hugs to you all xx

I have saved your thread 3months ago when I started my natural cycle IVF.
I didn't know that I'll be part of you.
I just failed 3rd IVF.

The blood tests were BFN. No signs of implantation. Nothing. I felt empty this morning, I came to the clinic for my blood tests with eyes full of tears.
My hubby made me cry.
He told me maybe it is not the right time.
He told me maybe we not meant to have children. Maybe our purpose of life is a different one.
Childless couples we know 3 of them, they are happy.

We transfered last month 8A perfect embryo (ICSI cos low motility, just a bad month) and last month(IVF perfect motility) 4A perfect embryo. We have no idea why they don't stick.

My life without a child, I see no purpose. It is unconditional love and I need that maddly!!! It is a magical experience. It is a different love than my relatives or my hubby.
We do live in stressful household and I do agree that stress can cause our infertility.
I think infertility is a disease and we have pills for that!
Animals don't suffer infertility only we humans. Except My dog, she never had puppies because she didn't let any of the dogs close to her.
I think we all gonna have children in one time of our lives, it is just the matter of when. When the right moment comes.

1.I. am seeing my RE on the 8th of November.
2. I am doing my thrombofilia genetic testing this week. It cost around 200euro. This gene is common with a women with unexplain infertility.
3. Also I want to test my hubbies sperm he is 50 y/o(genetic kind), maybe we'll pick the healthiest one and do ICSI.
4. Adding hormones to my IVF doesn't make sense. If my uterus doesn't take one, it won't take 2 or 3 embryos.
5. Also I want to talk about assisting hatching. In the lab dr. grows embryos for 5 days and than dr. make a whole in it. That suppose to help embryo leave the shell. Maybe this is our problem too.
6. I was a child when Chernobyl radiactive atom factory exploded. Children are the most vulnerable. The cloud did go by Lithuania. And we love mushrooms!!! Many people are diagnosed with cancer in Lithuania and my age girls suffer with thyroid problems. If my eggs are damaged somehow, I am in the deep problem. I can test them, if I have only one why should I test. Just wait for a healthy egg to pop!
If I do medicated IVF, I have a reason to test and pick a healthiest one.
I was Exposed to Radiation and I have a risk to develop cancer later on in life. Hormonal treatment, high levels of estrogen can only turn on my cancer cells to thrive!

my AMH 1.29 ng/ml dr. states I am still in the game.
my hysteroscopy results are great too.

MrsE- Yep some ppl arent real. I wouldnt of minded so much had it actually been a IVF cycle she went through but it was x1 cycle of clomid! anyway glad to see you have plans for the new year and nice to see u back with us x

Dovkav- Sorry to see you ended up here but welcome. You are amongst women who know the hell of this and we all support eachother. Try and stay positive no matter how hard. Maybe tests will help before you try again x

Hi to Andrea, Jo, Clare and all the gang xxx

So sorry that I have been absent so much lately Ladies ... just popping on to give you all a bit :wave: before packing and getting ready to leave for the States tomorrow. Don't think I will be online much the next two weeks, so sending you all huge hugs and look forward to reading you all when I get back :)

:hugs::wave:

Bub have a great trip!!! Hope to hear great stories about your trip when you come back.

Sarah, how did you survive Halloween? Here in Australia is not a big thing hence no kids came knocking at the door at our place.

Dovak it sounds like you have a lot of bad luck as you have perfect embryos. Hopefully assisted hatching would help you. I inquired about it before and they said it is mainly used for those who have good embryos but no implantation. I know what you mean about DH. Mine would say things like I am happy with no children. IVF is a waste of money. My point being if we don't waste it on IVF what would we do with it? What is the point of saving to give it to who?

I hope you are feeling better but Dovak your RE haven't rule you out yet hence don't give up!!!

Andrea- Have a safe trip and a lovely time x

Jo- As we live in a flat we don't get kids knocking either, just found it hard seeing all the pics on FB and the parties the parents threw for their children. I am 32, i should be a mummy and spoiling my little one :( just feel bit down. Think its a hard month cos its a yr on the 8th since my best friend Jane died and as i was still grieving for my mother and the failed IVF etc its only just sinking in that she's gone. Just feel very sad. Im sure i will pick up. x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join? As you can see in my sig, I've been TTC since August 2009. We've had 1 ivf bfn, ivf in Dec 2012 ended with both embryos implanting in my right tube (something my dr said he'd never seen in all 26 years of practice), and found out Thursday that our 3rd ivf has ended with an ectopic in my left tube (my dr said he's also never had a patient have back to back ectopics). I was given methotrexate yesterday and won't know until Thursday if it has worked.

I'm just having a really hard time right now. :(

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join? As you can see in my sig, I've been TTC since August 2009. We've had 1 ivf bfn, ivf in Dec 2012 ended with both embryos implanting in my right tube (something my dr said he'd never seen in all 26 years of practice), and found out Thursday that our 3rd ivf has ended with an ectopic in my left tube (my dr said he's also never had a patient have back to back ectopics). I was given methotrexate yesterday and won't know until Thursday if it has worked.

I'm just having a really hard time right now. :(

Lucie so sorry for your lost :hugs:. Welcome to the thread. Your story sounds so much like Sarah. It seems like so much bad luck. What did your RE say the reason for these ectopics ?

How were your cycles? Did you get good quality blastocysts?

Really hope you are okay !!!

Hi lucie, really sorry to see that you are joining us on this thread :hugs: my heart goes out to you. We are all here for you whenever you need to talk xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->