Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Thanks MrsE75 I am currently 14 weeks and 6 days and having a baby gril:happydance:

Things are a bit scary though as I just started to spot!

MrsE75 keep healthy and strong and we are all praying that your cycle is a big success!!!

Unlucky, bubumaci I am seriously very happy to hear an update about your bumps.
I am jelous to people who got preggo with one try.
You and many more girls worked soo hard for your miracle. You so deserve it. You give us hope, we'll see the light soon in the end of this nightmare tunnel.

Mrs, I am so sorry about your hubby's sperm, I afraid my hubby may have the same problem. I give him anti-oxidants in advance. I give him 1000mg vitc, 1000mg vitE, zinc and selenium, q-10. How about you?
He quit alcochol for more than 10 days.
You are on the right path, you'll get treatment too and you'll be lucky very soon.:dust::dust:

Thank you Dovkav - yes, I also found that my heart would break each time someone only tried once and had success (even though I was also happy for them - going through this nightmare, you don't wish it on anybody!). And I am glad if our success (we are praying so hard to see a heartbeat next Wednesday!) can give you hope!!! Still quite a ways from having a bump - the one I still have is bloating from OHSS ;)

Have you had DHs sperm tested? In your signature, you say that you have super sperm ... so why do you think that something may be wrong?

:dust::dust::dust:

I hope you ladies don't mind if I join...... Iv read all the hardships everyone has went through. I also have had a rough time conceiving a baby. I had a great ivf ... Or so I thought all but 1 egg made it to day 5 blast. Put 1 back in and it resulted in a cp. my first fet was much easier on my body but also ended in a cp. however this time they thought it was ectopic because my beta continued to rise irregularly so it was an emergency laproscopy and d&e ...... I just started lupron for my next fet and I'm praying this time will be the last

Welcome Cjohnson :hi:

Sorry to hear about your cp. Fx'd this FET is for you :hugs: xx

Hi Cj :howdy:
I am so sorry you have had to join this group - on the other hand, this group is filled with fantastic, supportive women :hugs:
My fingers are crossed for you, that this FET is it! xx
:dust::dust::dust:

Bubmaci, how you doing, are you excited for Wednesday :hugs: xx

Hey Sandy,
I am doing OK thank you :hugs: ... still not *thank goodness* suffering from any bad symptoms - only mega tired (can't get through the day without a nap or two) and frequent visits to the loo :)
I am not sure if I'm imagining it, but I do find if I open our cupboard with herbs in, that that hits my nose pretty hard ... and the other one - when I open the boxes with washing powder (be that for the dishwasher or for the washing machine) that I smell that very strongly.

I have very mixed feelings - excited, because this whole journey is so exciting ... and the same time of course worried that there won't be a HB... I am thinking positively the whole time and know that there really isn't any reason why there shouldn't be one - but of course after what we have gone through, I am still tentative to believe this is really it (even though each cell in my body feels that it is).

Do you already know when you will be doing your FET? xx

Sounds all good, fx'd the symptoms won't affect you too much. I understand you being tentative about it.

If you don't mind me asking at what point have you got to with other cycles before it's failed? I've got a good feeling that this is the one for you :happydance:

I won't be going ahead with FET until we get DH sorted. He will be going through chemo till June then require a stem cell transplant which is a month in hospital so probably start FET about Aug/sept time xx

Hehe, I hope so too :) On the other hand, having symptoms kind of reassure me, that everything is going OK *crazy*

No, I don't mind in the slightest. Basically, the first 6 transfers, the blood tests at 6dp + 9dp5dt showed that there was no pregnancy - but all egg retrievals, fertilisations etc. were successful. The embryos didn't develop that well, a couple of times we had the beginnings of a blastocyst, quite a few Morulae and a few many-celled at day 5 when we did the transfer. For the 7th and 8th transfer, we had two good looking blastocysts at the transfer. For both, the HCG had risen for the first blood test, but not very much (August = 7,10 and December = 6,80) and by the second blood test hadn't risen sufficiently / was going down (August = 6,80 and December = 8,10) which showed, that my body had started producing HCG, so perhaps the little bean had started implanting, but that I had a very very early miscarriage (chemical).
Also, the other blood serum values (progesterone + oestrogen) didn't rise as they should - which is all very different this time! (I have posted the three tests from this time around).
In total, we have had over 80 eggs retrieved (I think 88), over 50 fertilised (I think 55) and 20 transferred ... The first try, I thought it had worked, but it hadn't ... second, third, fourth and fifth, I felt it hadn't .. 6th I really hoped, but nope... 7th I actually felt that it worked, but equally felt when it was all over ... 8th, I wasn't sure ... and this time around, the flaring up of the OHSS was a good sign that HCG was building up.

I never got spotting / :witch: before I stopped using the progesterone in any of the failed cycles - but always (with the exception of April last year, when I went a month without a period ... strangely, I then did get my period the day my Mother died and again two weeks later, the day of her funeral) I would get my period within about 2-3 days max. of stopping the progesterone.

Thank you, I hope you're right :) :)

How is DH doing? Is he back home again now? I really feel so sorry that you (plural) are having to go through this! I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like! Is he struggling with the chemo? xxx :kiss:

Attachments

• Blutwerte 21.02.2014.png
    Blutwerte 21.02.2014.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Blutwerte 24.02.2014.png
    Blutwerte 24.02.2014.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Blutwerte 03.03.2014.png
    Blutwerte 03.03.2014.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Bubmaci, it gives me hope hearing your story :hugs: Your numbers this time look amazing!!!!

Dh got back home last Wednesday so been nice to have him home. He goes back in on Friday for his 2nd dose of chemo. He is coping amazingly he is feeling tired and slight nausea at times but apart from that he is just getting on with things, he is so strong!!!! His hair is starting to come out now but he is dealing with it so well. We both have the attitude that we can't change the fact that he has cancer so we just have to deal with the situation as best we can and stay strong! xx

I had 23mm follicle( O was yesterday or tody) during IUI, 12mm uterine lining, My dr. used a tubal catheter, cos it's very flexible and thin. We had 45 mil sperm postwash, 20%morfology, 33%motility. I felt a cramp during the procedure. Dr.told me that bleeding after it is normal. I did have a drop of blood an hour later. Later in the evening I had brown spotting too.
I am testing around 24th at home.

My hubby's SA was good again. I guess I give him antioxidants and we need to keep trying.

bubumaci, what hypnosis did you use before ET?
Hope and pray for a wonderful experience during u/s tomorrow!
Sandy, I am sending blessings for your tough times right now. Pray and hope your hubby will recover easy.

Dovkav, I've got everything crossed for this IUI. :hugs: xx

I really admire both of you, Sandy! Wishing you both lots and lots of strength! xxx

Dovkav - that sounds promising! Does sound like DH has nice, healthy sperm. Have you ever had the DNA fragmentation testing done (since you said at some point earlier, you thought he had poor fragmentation)?

Fingers crossed for this IUI!
The hypnosis I used is from the following site :
I used "The IVF Companion" - which has three tracks. 1st is an introduction, that you only need to listen to one. 2nd is pre-embro transfer which you listen to daily from when you start the medication until the day of embryo transfer and the 3rd is post-embryo transfer - which you listen for all the days after that. I continued to listen to that track even beyond our positive blood tests, until I saw "Pünktchen" - at which point I downloaded the Pregnancy Relaxation tracks.
https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/6.html

We'll do dna fragm test in 2 weeks if this cycle fails. His age is a concern. No matter what SA is, still could be problems....
Congrats with a little bubu heartbeat. This is official! There are 3 of you under one roof!!
Can you go to a gyn office now?
Thanks for hypno info.

Bub so happy for you. Did you cry when you hear the heart beat?

Dovkav, really hope this time is the winner for you and like Bub really admire your spirit and positive attitude. Sending heaps of prayers your way.

Sandy how are you and your husband keeping up?
Your husband sounds like a very strong person I hope your relationship grows even stronger through all the hardship sending some hugs your way.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Actually, when I wrote that, I hadn't yet heard the heartbeat ;) On Wednesday last week, we saw the little dot pulsating. But on Friday, I went to my OBGYN and she did a full check up, including ultrasound ... and I was so taken aback, when I heard the heart beating! Hadn't expected to be able to and just had my hand over my mouth, staring! Was really proud of the little bean, because it had grown from 4,3mm on Wednesday, to 6,2mm on Friday! Dead on track <3
Coming Friday, I go together with DH for another meeting, to get my Mother Pass and can't wait to see how it has grown and to hear the heart beat again (will record it this time!!)...
Jo - you really need to change your status!!! ;)

Dovkav - yes, we were released from the fertility clinic on Wednesday after seeing the heartbeat. How are you feeling?

Clare... where are you Honey? Are you OK?
Sarah? :(

Sandy - how is DH doing? He had his second dose of Chemo on Friday, didn't he?

Bubmaci, amazing news about your little bean and hearing the heartbeat. :hugs:

Yes DH had his 2nd dose of chemo on Saturday but had a bit of a nightmare on Friday as he got an infection in his central line which I believe it's the nurse's fault so not happy, so he is also on antibiotics yet again but on a positive he should hopefully be home tomorrow if all blood tests come back good. xx

Oh man! They are not making it easy for him, are they :(
How many lines does he have? xx

No not easy at all!!!! He has 2 lines in.

The other day he needed some platelets and once they were finished he had to buzz the nurse to come. He did that and then 30 minutes later a nurse turned up and then went on to ask how long they had been finished and once she knew it finished 30 mins ago she started to panic and went on to realize that they have set in the tube and were solid due to not being flushed through when they had finished. She then had to try to force then through the line to unblock it. After 15 mins she succeeded but is something that could have been avoided if she did her job properly. Luckily there are more good nurses on the ward than bad ones!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->