Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Bugs, thank you for your advice on the hidden C test. I live in Texas, and am hoping and praying they offer the same test (I'm thinking they do). My husband and I have narrowed our results to two clinics, but are looking more into the one he has been getting great reviews about. Like you I also believe treatment should be changed after any failed cycle. My current clinic never changed my medication at the beginning of any cycle!! They started me off with the same dose and would only increase my dose depending on my blood work. This is also one of the reason we started looking into another facility because we strongly believe our cycle needs to change one way or another.

Bubumaci, I also thank you for your advice. I am taking all of your into consideration and ensuring I ask all these questions when we decide on a new clinic and go for consultation. Our current clinic did have us get a genetics test and according to them everything was perfectly fine. We have even asked if it would be better if we use donor eggs, but they said it wasn't necessary. My hubby surprises me every time we go to consultations, because he starts asking all these questions I never expected to know about, let alone have the courage to ask (sorry, but he does his research without me knowing and I just remembered this).
Like you and your husband we are both healthy. We eat healthy, try to stay away from processed foods, junk food, chips, etc.. and we both exercise and enjoy running. I stop my workouts about a month and a half before any cycle to ensure nothing goes wrong.
I will ask all of these questions when we decide on a clinic and are ready for consultation!! All your advice has really helped me.

Hi ladies

We seem to be gathering new people every time I'm on here. Which is sad by the fact we've all had to endure this long Ivf journey but welcome to all the ladies I've not met before.

I'm posting cos I am terrified cos my af is due on Sunday which means Ivf boot camp starts!!! :(( I'm dreading it not the actual cycle but all the drugs, hormones and then the 2ww if we get that far!

Hi to all you lovely ladies and hopefully I will be joining the pregnant ladies very soon!!

MrsE - I totally get your fear! But it also sounds like a really really good plan and you must try to think and feel positively. Positive affirmations, positively accepting the drugs and hormones into your body, that they are doing their job, bringing you closer and closer to your little miracle. Imagine your body softening, them flowing to your ovaries.
I am a needle-a-phobe! I hate needles and injections, so for the past years having to go through this treatment has been a nightmare for me (on top of all the emotional, physical, financial effects). For this try, I used one of the natal hypnotherapy MP3s which is especially for IVF. It really helped put me in a good place mentally. I wouldn't go as far as saying it made all the difference - but who knows, maybe it did.
So please try to look forward to it (as difficult as that may seem) and all my fingers and toes (and those of Pünktchen) will be crossed for you :kiss:

:hi: everyone, Not sure where i belong at the moment :(

Ive had 3 Ivfs all pretty dismal, all have their positives and negatives. This current cycle #3 was a zero fert but i am hopefully going to have the chance of transfer with our only :cold: today???? I'll find out later this morning if lil one survived the thaw and i go in or not. Not sure or full of optimism on that front though, so technically im in limbo.

Ive not read through this thread yet (am going to)

Its hard to get excited over treatment anymore, dont know how we all keep going with it all :nope: I suppose we just do cos we have faith in our minds and hearts that this will one day work no matter what :D

Thank you for this thread, i think its going to be a massive support and its what i need at the moment :hugs: xx

Good luck Plex got everything crossed for you :hugs:

MrsE, Us IVF ladies are strong and you will get through this and hopefully this is your cycle! :hugs:

wtbmom & Captain :hi: sounds like the ladies have gave you some good advice so far and will look forward to seeing how your journeys go :hugs:

Dovkav, Bubumaci & bugs hope you and bumps are all doing well :hugs: Can't be long till our first arrivial on this thread :happydance:

AQ, Hope your doing well not long till appointment :happydance:

Sorry if I've missed anyone

AFM, Just over 4 weeks till WTF appointment will be nice to get a plan sorted for end of the year. Got some amazing news yesterday DH is in full remission from the cancer so no radiotherapy needed and transplant is going ahead beginning of Sept. It's the best possible outcome means DH could be cancer free after transplant for the rest of his life :wohoo: Obviously still a long way to go but got to think positive!

Sandy - Thanks hun! :hugs: Awesome news about ur hubby!!! :happydance: Such a huge milestone, i bet the relief is out of this world to hear that - not outta the woods completely yet but still, awesome!! x

What does WTF mean? Ive had failed cycle consultations (great names for these things eh?! - can never bring myself to stand in reception straight after a negative to book it in front of strangers let alone utter what appointment i need :( ) is it the same as that or is it a way forward type meeting, like what to do next? xx

Hi Plex :howdy: So sorry that you have had to make your way here - but this is a fantastic, supportive group of girls!!
I think the reason we keep going and don't give up, is because we believe it will happen and can't give up! Fingers crossed, that your :cold: has survived the thaw and is looking to snuggle into your uterus today :) :dust::dust::dust:

SANDY - I am over the moon about your good news!! That is just so fantastic, I am so happy! Couldn't have heard better news today!! (DH just rang to tell me that my Father in Law had a mild stroke last night and is in hospital - so I'll be popping in to see him later).

Plex, WTF means what the F**K appointment just an appointment to find out what went wrong at the last cycle! What time are you expecting a call to see how your :cold: have got on and also how many have you got to thaw?

Thanks Ladies it's been amazing news and a great way to start our holiday on Saturday :happydance:

Bubumaci, Hope your FIL is ok thinking about you and DH :hugs: xx

Bub - Thanks hun! I already feel very welcome - so glad ive joined u all - just wish it was under better circumstances.

Congratulations on reaching V-week by the way! :) Such a long journey for u to get to where u are - u deserve it - bet it took awhile to sink in it was actually happening? xx

Sandy - Are you off anywhere nice for ur hols? Hope u have a great time :hugs:

I only have 1 frostie from my january cycle - it was one of 2 that fertilized (3 eggs total). Im just so incredibly lucky it made it to freeze let alone if it thaws properly today :) As with everything, the 'call time' was extremely vague :grr: I hate, HATE waiting!!! Very annoying.

WTF - :haha: I think I prefer that to failed cycle consultation for sure! (note to self....must be careful not to say it out loud when asking for mine or when speaking to my consultant - Although im sure after this cycle she'd be the one to say it first :haha:) xx

We are just going to a cottage in the Lake district for a week, looking forward to plenty of R&R :happydance:

Well I've got everything crossed for you that this frostie is a tough one and will be snug and warm very soon :hugs: Make sure you keep us updated i feel like the good news is on a roll at the moment! xx

Im not too optimistic unfortunately but I have some hope (the bugger that it is) and thats enough :) Im going to go and obsessively clean my house now - that may pass a few minutes :haha:

A cottage in the Lakes sounds bliss :cloud9: - enjoy!! xx

Thanks Plex - yes - it is still surreal sometimes, after such a long and tough journey!

So you have to actually be at the clinic to request your WTF appointment? I was always just able to ring and make appointments...
All fingers and toes crossed that your :cold: is nicely thawed and ready to be snug as a bug in a rug :)

captainj1 Dovkav do you mind me asking how much natural cycle IVF costs in Germany? I paid £3k for this cycle but my consultant said he will give me a refund so at least that is something. He has already had over £20k of my money so at least that's something. take care ladies x[/QUOTE said:
I have done my IVFs in two clinics.
First clinic charged 450 euro for a complete cycle. Ultrasounds, HCG shot, progesterone is extra. If your egg was not retrieved, fertilised the price is lower. We didn't get pregnant with 2 perfect embryos. I didn't feel confident on ET. I felt they didn't pay much attention in importance of this step. Very short u/s use, didn't see catheter or a bubble on U/S. In the other clinic I foud out that my uterus is antiflexed, it's was a little tricky for transfer.

The other clinic charges 1000-1200 euro for a complete IVF cycle, if your egg didn't fertilise it costs 600 euro. U/S included. I had only one u/s per cycle. I was lucky that my body worked in the schedule. Ussually u/s on CD8 and retrieval on CD11.
My dr.was super nice. She made all, my every single wish come true. My hubby even hold my hand during an egg retrieval. I didn't use any painkillers. To tell you the truth, I have suffered more with a menstrual cramping that with this procedure.

This thread is so amazing, so emotional amd so rewarding. I am so fortunate to meet you all, receive and give support. I couldn't make it with all your help.
I wish you all tons of pregnancy vibres and I hope and pray you'll join us very very soon.

Thanks Dovkav, that's very helpful to know. One more question if you don't mind! on your first cycle, when there was no egg, did you have follicles? or no follicles?

x

Sandy Yay so happy for you!!

Plex I was just getting caught up and am praying for your lo to make it through the thaw!

MrsE I am nervous about your bootcamp! : ). I can't wait to hear how it goes. I hear about this stuff but never actually talk to anyone who has done it!

Bubu so sorry for your bad news I hope he's alright :hugs:

Dovkav so glad things are moving along smoothly for you !

Captain I truly wish you the best of luck :hugs:

I know I missed things and am sorry. I should write down what I want to say to who before I press reply because after that it seems like brain flies away : )

Hello Ladies...

Mind if i join you?! :) I am in the process of preparing for a FET ... scheduled for Aug 15th. Time couldn't go slower!! Good thing I have my LO to keep me busy.

I take my last BC pill on Friday and start Lupron on saturday...!! Praying my embryos thaw out properly!

Sending baby dust to all! xoox

:hi: well im officially PUPO!!! :happydance: I go into the hospital for my first beta next friday - my lil blast thawed really well - im so bloody chuffed! Its so bitter sweet though :( I cant help but be upset by my eggs that never even got off the starting block.

I had a thought last night that im carrying a very expensive cargo! Lets hope this tough little cookie sticks [-o&lt

:flower: xx

Sandy - I'm am sooooooooo happpppppyyyyyyy for you and DH that's such amazing and lovely news to hear after everything. Have a fab rest and get ready for sept/out it will be here in no time xxx

Plex welcome and great your frostie thawed and congrats on being pupo!!! Hopefully I will be joining you soon!

Welcome to the other ladies sadly I'm on my miny do can't scroll back to get names but I'm wishing you all the best of luck. This thread is a great source of hope and prayers so long may it continue.

Well I'm in touch with a girl who is currently cycling at my new clinic and they've had celebs in having a transfer this week. I can't name them because let's face it none of us would want the paps to know we were going through this difficult journey but be interesting to see if an announcement is made in 3 mths!! Then I can tell you. Let's just say the guy is English, on TV and had been in a couple of movies and gets into trouble for his bad language and has been well know for drink and drug issues and was married to popstar. They have been dating for less than a year and she already has children and is older than him.

Well I'm just waiting for my lovely af to show up. I'm all packed and ready to shoot down there when I need to. Will try and keep you posted! Xxx

Plex - congratulations on being PUPO! That's great that your little :cold: thawed so well!! So exciting :happydance:

MrsE - that would be interesting to see if there is an announcement in a few months! I am so excited for you - I really have a good feeling about this IVF-Bootcamp! You must let us know how things go there! :kiss:

Thanks Dovkav, that's very helpful to know. One more question if you don't mind! on your first cycle, when there was no egg, did you have follicles? or no follicles?

x

Yes, Capatain, I had one 14-15mm follicle in the morning and we triggered that night. It was too early. I am sure it wasn't mature enough and it didn't make it.

Annetecali, Welcome. Praying and hoping for your lucky FET!

Sandy, I am over the moon! I am so happy that your hubby is healing wonderful!

Peachy, how is your U/S? Praying for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->