Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

MrsE, Did you get the call about your fertilisation? Thinking of you and fx'd xx

Awww - thank you Sarah...
Morning Ladies ... 27w0d!!! (Third trimester, here we come) <3
Last week was quite exciting, with our furniture arriving and getting put together on Thursday (I have taken pictures, but I need to do a bit of decorating before I feel happy) :)
And with today, we start our 28th week and have made it to the third trimester. I simply cannot believe how quickly this is speeding by ... Tomorrow, Daddy arrives from England and on Wednesday (my birthday), I am surprising him and my parents-in-law with a 3D/4D u/s photo shooting session. I imagine they will be blown away, since they didn't even have ultrasound, when I was born! So excited to see Baby P. in 3D!!!
In an hour, I am off to the diabetician so we can discuss how to proceed. Over the past week my numbers have remained below the upper limit she gave me - no doubt we will need to continue monitoring and I am curious as to what she has to say ...
Wishing you all a lovely week :)

Attachments

• IMG_3521.jpg
    IMG_3521.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
Bubmaci, good luck for your appt today :hugs: xx

Brief update, I am going to start injecting a low dose of insulin at bedtime. My numbers post-eating are always OK, but the morning number we want to push down .. and since another hormone surge is going to come these coming weeks, it won't get better (nor my hunger pangs *lol*). But I am OK with that. The needle is such a mini thing compared to the ones I had to use for the treatment :D

Sounds like they have this under control Bubumaci and are doing the right thing going forward :hugs: xx

Happy 27wks Andrea! glad they have a plan for you to stop the blood sugar getting any worse and as you said, we are a dab hand at needles! lol x

MrsE- Really hoping the reason you have not posted is due to no internet connection or just being too busy and nothing else... either way, plz let us know. We are all here for eachother. Inbox me if need be. We go back a long time x

Hi MrsE75 -I hope your 4 eggs are doing great!! Sorry missed out on so much !!! Please let us know

AQ I am so glad you have started your 4th cycle - I really hope you get some great news this time - praying that this cycle is the one for you and your husband !!!

Bub welcome to the 3rd trimester !! So happy for you :happydance:

Sandy how are you going? It is so good that your husband has been doing well !!

Plex have you had your WTF meeting yet?

AFM I am currently on my maternity leave only 3 weeks and 5 days to go. I am feeling really excited and scare all together!

Oooh - Jo - how exciting! I totally get you feeling both emotions - a lot going to change in such a short time! :) How are you feeling otherwise?

MrsE - I really hope everything is OK! If Friday was ER and you are meant to be having a 2-3 day transfer, you should be PUPO ... All fingers and toes crossed for you Sweetie! Please let us know how you are doing. Thinking of you!! :kiss:

Hi ladies sorry I've been offline. The cycle ended in disaster. The 4 eggs were all immature so it's over for me. They have told me that I should consider other options cos my eggs are the issue. I'm completely heartbroken and crushed at the moment so sorry for the lack of personals.

I don't even know where to start to process the fact I won't have my biological child and why life is so unfair. I feel like I'm being punished but I don't know what for. My husband said he's the saddest he's ever been in his life which just kills me inside cos I know it my body that's failed us.

Xx

Oh Honey, I am so so so desperately sorry for you :( ... I just burst into tears :( Sending you huge hugs - I have no words except to tell you that I am sending you virtual hugs and comfort :(

MrsE I'm really sorry that the cycle didn't go as planned, there's nothing worse when you put your heart & soul and not to mention finances into something to not even have anything to put back.

I don't know how you feel about donor eggs and believe me at 32 I didn't think it would be the way I'd go but after 8 cycles and close to £40,000 I couldn't bury my head any more my eggs were the issue and no meds or tweaks of treatment were going to change that. I was really worried at first but every scan I have and each movement I feel is from my baby and I couldn't love it any more.

So what I'm saying is take time to come to terms with things but know there is other options for you xxxx

MrsE my heart breaks for you. There is nothing harder in this world and after you give yourself time to grieve your loss and it is a loss, I pray you find the right path no matter what it may be...:hugs:

MrsE - Just wanted to give you a big :hugs: dont even know what to say hun - wish i had the right words to help :hugs: xxx

Unlucky - Gosh not long left till u meet ur lil one :) exciting!

I have my WTF appointment 2moro at 5pm. Hubby and I have been doing a LOT of talking about what to do next - such a hard decision to make considering this is all so expensive!!

I may (hopefully) be cycling with you AQ :happydance: Its all dependant on what she says 2moro and how she answers our questions. we have a VERY loooooong list lol

My computer is on a serious go slow. think i may quit and come back to finish this later - its only taken me 45mins to write this so far!!! xxx

MrsE- I had really hoped that was not the reason you had not posted :( im so sorry. It is soul destroying having egg quality issues. Il be honest, i obviously hope an pray we get our miracle from this next cycle but IF we don't, DE cycle is our next stop. We will not continue throwing money, time an emotion at something fruitless. It is hard at 33 to think DE may be the only option and the thought saddens me as really want a biological part of my Mum here as i miss her so much, but as my dad pointed out, the baby will still be a huge part of my mum as it would be growing inside me as i grew inside my mum and the baby would have life had it not been for my mum having me so its still a bonded chain of maternal closeness and he is very right. As Bugs said, once you get pregnant DE or otherwise that baby is YOURS and you are the one making it grow and nourishing it. The DE is just a special one cell gift from a special lady and the rest is down to you. Its too early to make these decisions now though so take time to grieve for what you have lost- your chance of being pregnant this time around. Thinking of you and here if you need to talk xxx

Unlucky- Glad you're ok x

Peachy- Hope things are well with you? x

Ash- Any news? not seen you around here in a while x

Plex- Good luck for your WTF appt tomorrow an i hope we end up cycle buddies! x

Hi to all the gang x

One week today until our consultation! let the madness commence for the 4th time! lol xxx

MrsE so so sorry to hear about your cycle my heart goes out to you and dh. Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm around just not very active. I'm so sorry for all of the struggles I've been reading on this thread lately. My heart goes out to you girls :hugs:

I just started my estrace today for my FET so its been pretty boring on my end. I'm also trying to not get caught up in all of the numbers since they really don't seem to matter all that much in the long run. I mean each one of my previous cycles was textbook perfect and still nothing.

I'll be around, best of luck to everyone!

So sorry MrsE that is terrible news - sending you many many :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: This world just doesn't seem to be fair. I hope in time you are able to chose a path that will lead you to some happiness again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->