• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Hoping that everything is ok this morning Sarah and u have spoken to women's re progesterone??
Thinking of you!
Xx

AQ - Hope ur doing better today huni? U are in my prayers :hugs: xxx

The bleeding got much worse during the night and the pain from the cramping was horrific so not looking good at all. Went the doctors and she examined me an said my cervix was closed but i also lost ton of blood during the exam. The early pregnancy unit here just will not scan before 6wks but my gp did do betas today and result will be in tomorrow with repeat on Monday. She said she did not want to give me false hope as obviously not looking good with the severe cramps too but she did say very rarely sometimes both embies implant and one is miscarried but the other survives. This is the last glimmer of hope for us. Meanwhile we have to wait till Monday to find out. I feel so ill. Been signed off work for 2wks and been in bed all day with dh trying to console eachother but failing miserably xxx

Sorry to hear this Sarah, it's definitely not over yet but it's such a cruel thing to happen. I'll be thinking of you over the next few days xxx

Oh hunni I truly truly hope everything turns out ok for you!! Did u ask your gp or at the women's about progesterone?? Am shocked that ur not still on it and would seriously be questioning that??
Big hugs
Xxx

Hun, the women's as standard don't keep anyone on it following OTD so dont know why your shocked? if im losing my baby its too late for anything to be done and now im feeling to blame that i didnt push for more pessaries. Can't handle this! x

No your not too blame hunni, am just going by what happened to me and i was prescribed the pessaries to take me up to 12 weeks. I just Thort that was standard practice as so many other ladies have used them too for that long.
Sorry if I have upset u in what I said. Got everything and more crossed for u my lovely!!
Xxx

well obviously they thought my baby was not worth giving a fighting chance to then. Feel more devastated than ever now knowing there could of been a chance of saving our baby and i didnt push more more pessaries so it is my fault. Wish i was dead.

Sweet Sarah, I just don't know what to say! :( ... I had also had the thought of perhaps a twin not implanting properly ... I hate that you are going through this!!! :hug:

Sarah you can't think like that, additional progesterone is used to help support an ongoing pregnancy and if they thought that by using additional progesterone that would save a pregnancy they would without a doubt use it all the time but you've been on these boards long enough like me to know how often this happens. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with but sadly if it's not meant to be no drugs are going to save it xxxx

I know you are right Clare. I just cannot cope with this emotional pain after everything else iv been thru in the last 4yrs. This really is end of the road for me. There is actually nothing in this life i want anymore. I love my dad and dh so i would never harm myself as would not put them thru it but i truly dont derive any joy from my life anymore. Utterly broken. Miss my mum more than ever today.

Sweetie, I really wish I could take you in my arms and comfort you somehow! :( :(
There is no way this is your fault and please please please don't look to yourself for the blame! On another thread I am on (for Azoospermia), we just had a BFP - 6 weeks ... started bleeding and having clotting ... was at the doctor's a couple of days ago and everything looked fine, despite bleeding - HB was seen etc. Today ... no HB, and blood had pooled around the sac and it had detached from her uterus... There is nothing that one can say, it is so so cruel and there is no rhyme or reason to it - and nobody did anything wrong.

I am still really hoping that we are talking about cramping from implantation, bleeding that can happen even though the pregnancy is healthy ... perhaps even a vanishing twin ... and I am sending you all the love and strength I can muster ... Hoping and keeping fingers crossed for a good beta result!!! :hug:

Oh no AQ I have only just seen the last few days' posts. My heart goes out to you and I am keeping everything crossed that there is still a bean in there that has a fighting chance.

But please please please do not blame yourself. You have done everything right. And yes it is so bloody unfair that you are having to go through this. But there is NOTHING that you could have done differently. Progesterone support never did anything for me. LWH know what they are talking about. They are the experts. They know your history. You have done nothing wrong, quite the opposite; the research, energy and physical commitment you have applied to this is amazing. It is biology that is so bloody shitty sometimes but that isn't your fault. But biology and infertility is incredibly unfair and indiscriminate and that hurts.

Thinking of you hon. Please take care of yourself and DH xxxx

AQ - Im devestated for u hun :hugs: I am hoping and praying for a miracle for you:hugs:
Like you say you could have caught with twins and are loosing one but are still pregnant with the other.
I so wish this were easier for you and you didnt have to go through this after everything you have endured to get here :(
Please dont blame urself huni :hugs:
xxx

AQ... I'm still staying positive!!! It ain't over til it's over!!! And I completely understand how crushed you are right now.... But don't you ever say that this is the end of your road!!! You have been through a lot...And you've made it. You are a warrior!! Don't let your doubts and fears put negativity into your mind. This is another obstacle in your path. Another page of your story.... But not the end. There are so many other options, and you will have a baby... No matter what it takes. Obstacles may mean changing your path, but it doesn't mean giving up on your destination!!! You are strong, you are determined and you will WIN!!! Keep your passion.... You're amazing!!!!

Sarah I am so so sorry to hear your news :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Definately not your fault and life is just so cruel sometimes! Just not fair!
We are all hoping for the best for you and that Monday you get some awesome news!

Don't give up on life I know you will be able to bounce back from this you are a fighter!

AQ, I agree with what all the ladies have said and thinking of you at this hard time :hugs: xx

Hi Sandy :howdy:
I just wanted to ask how your DH is doing? Is he allowed home already? Are you getting ready for your FET next month? :hugs:

Sarah - you get the blood test results today, don't you? :kiss:

Thanks for Asking Bubumaci

Dh is doing ok been home 3 weeks now but a side effect from the transplant is something called graft vs host disease and in majority of cases causes skin irritation which DH has got but he got some cream which seems to be helping. Also found out yesterday at the hospital that he has a low level of infection which looks like glandular fever so just got to keep an eye on that.
Not sure what to do yet with the FET just going to see how DH goes but all being well we might look to doing it with next AF which would be end of this month meaning transfer would be beginning of Dec. On a TTC point of view tho I've been reading that apparently some men after Allogeneic Stem cell transplants there fertility has returned so fx'd if IVF doesn't work in a year or so I could fall pregnant natural who knows.

Sorry for forgetting but when is your Due date? I know it's not far away! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"