• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Baby dancing How are you going? Have you had your transfer? How are you feeling?
There are many success with Embryos that are grade 2.

Hope you are feeling more positive. Did they do anything Different this cycle? Seems like your first one went quite positively?

Sorry I've been MIA. After my failed FET I needed to take some time away. Sorry to bombard you girls with so much information but I can't wait to get started and so happy to have a doctor that wants to get to the bottom of everything!

My husband and I had our phone consultation with Dr. Surrey at CCRM. We like the plan and are looking forward to getting started. He's taking a very serious approach since I'm 26, everything seems okay and we've had so much embryo attrition. So the plan ....

He will perform a sperm fragmentation test to see if there is more wrong with Jason's sperm than we can see just from the normal sperm analysis. Apparently this test is more in depth then the normal one.

He wants to check Jason and I for translocation. Apparently translocation is where one of your chromosomes could have like "switched" places with a different one and it doesn't cause any genetic abnormalities but it can effect fertility.

He also wants to run more in depth blood tests on Jason and I. I am a carrier of CF and because Jason isn't there was nothing to worry about. Buuuuut Dr. Surrey said there are about 100 other "types". They can't test all 100 but there are 23 unusual types that they can test. So we're going to do that.

He will also perform CCS on all embryos. I'm so excited for this! We get to find out if they are boys or girls! It seems ridiculous now that I'm typing it out that I'm so excited for this part but ... oh well.

He's going to check my uterus for a protein called intergrin. Apparently this is a protein that is lacking in women who have recurrent miscarriage, recurrent IVF failures so he thinks checking this is important. The crappy thing is that I have to have a biopsy while I'm awake .... he said it's about a 30 second ouch but if it comes back that this is lacking then ... that would solve our problem. The way they remedy this problem is easy peasy. It's one shot of lupron (long form) once a month. It's different than the lupron you take to stimulate your ovaries.

He said acupuncture can't hurt and I've been doing that. So .. yay!

We'll be traveling there for our one day workup. Probably next month because I just can't fathom going this week. They like us to be there between day 5 and 13. And I'm day 6 right now but the flights are crazy expensive! So I will probably go next month before thanksgiving.

At the on day workup he'll do a bunch of blood work and ultrasounds but also a hysteroscopy and a trial transfer to make sure that everything will go smoothly.

Fun stuff!

My honey had to go back to work immediately after the phone consult so we didn't get to chat about it yet but we will when he gets home!

I love that the doctor seems very adamant about finding what's causing our infertility. He said nobody can have that much bad luck and I agree. There has to be something else going on here.

@ash....Don't even worry about the biopsy!!! I've had 5 of them now. Take 600mg ibuprofen at least an hour before, and you're golden. :) sounds like you've got a lot of great investigating going on!!!! I'm sure it feels great to take a step in the right direction!!! Hugs!!

Sorry I've been MIA. After my failed FET I needed to take some time away. Sorry to bombard you girls with so much information but I can't wait to get started and so happy to have a doctor that wants to get to the bottom of everything!

My husband and I had our phone consultation with Dr. Surrey at CCRM. We like the plan and are looking forward to getting started. He's taking a very serious approach since I'm 26, everything seems okay and we've had so much embryo attrition. So the plan ....

He will perform a sperm fragmentation test to see if there is more wrong with Jason's sperm than we can see just from the normal sperm analysis. Apparently this test is more in depth then the normal one.

He wants to check Jason and I for translocation. Apparently translocation is where one of your chromosomes could have like "switched" places with a different one and it doesn't cause any genetic abnormalities but it can effect fertility.

He also wants to run more in depth blood tests on Jason and I. I am a carrier of CF and because Jason isn't there was nothing to worry about. Buuuuut Dr. Surrey said there are about 100 other "types". They can't test all 100 but there are 23 unusual types that they can test. So we're going to do that.

He will also perform CCS on all embryos. I'm so excited for this! We get to find out if they are boys or girls! It seems ridiculous now that I'm typing it out that I'm so excited for this part but ... oh well.

He's going to check my uterus for a protein called intergrin. Apparently this is a protein that is lacking in women who have recurrent miscarriage, recurrent IVF failures so he thinks checking this is important. The crappy thing is that I have to have a biopsy while I'm awake .... he said it's about a 30 second ouch but if it comes back that this is lacking then ... that would solve our problem. The way they remedy this problem is easy peasy. It's one shot of lupron (long form) once a month. It's different than the lupron you take to stimulate your ovaries.

He said acupuncture can't hurt and I've been doing that. So .. yay!

We'll be traveling there for our one day workup. Probably next month because I just can't fathom going this week. They like us to be there between day 5 and 13. And I'm day 6 right now but the flights are crazy expensive! So I will probably go next month before thanksgiving.

At the on day workup he'll do a bunch of blood work and ultrasounds but also a hysteroscopy and a trial transfer to make sure that everything will go smoothly.

Fun stuff!

My honey had to go back to work immediately after the phone consult so we didn't get to chat about it yet but we will when he gets home!

I love that the doctor seems very adamant about finding what's causing our infertility. He said nobody can have that much bad luck and I agree. There has to be something else going on here.

That's fantastic news! I hope everything goes well for you, i'm interested to see what the tests will come up with as I am also younger and healthy with no explanation for our repeat failures! Glad you have found a doctor that's willing to look into other things!

Thanks girlies, ibuprofin it is when I go through the biopsy. I can't imagine, with everything else I've gone through, that the biopsy could be that bad anyways. It probably sounds worse than it is.

eveclo - definitely annoying when you're so young and you can't get pregnant. Not that I'm saying it's not as painful if you're older. I just feel so ripped off. I should have 5 kids by now!

AFM - Flights are booked, hotel and car are next. One day workup on the 27th. I'm very excited. I'm also nervous but the fact that we MAY get some answers is just so exciting. I can't wait!

Baby dancing How are you going? Have you had your transfer? How are you feeling?
There are many success with Embryos that are grade 2.

Hope you are feeling more positive. Did they do anything Different this cycle? Seems like your first one went quite positively?

Hi unlucky, I am 5dp3dt with no signs/symptoms. I can't even say I have any side effects from PIO and Cyclogest. I just have a gut feeling this cycle will be a fail like our first fresh transfer.

The only thing different this time is the endo scratch and I started on higher menopur dose. I did stimulate better but our fertilisation rate was just so poor- 4 out of 11 eggs. Whereas on first cycle we had 6 eggs and got 5 blastocysts.

This journey is just such a rollercoaster. We also have to pay for all treatment and I can't do it forever x

babydance - try to stay positive. I know it's hard but you just never know what's going to happen until test day :hugs:

Sandy so excited for you to be trying again in Dec. Hope you guys finally get the great news you deserve!

Ash that's wonderful about your next step. As I said before I have only heard wonderful things about CCRM and I know I had wished I could go there from the start of my journey.

Baby dancing I hope you are wrong and this turns out to be a good cycle. I have never liked embryo grades as I have had perfect quality embies that didn't work while gals with poor quality embies now have babies. You just never know and I am wishing the best for you!

Thanks ladies. It's a shame we get to know our bodies so well after going through this treatment. At the moment my faith is in FET cycles as that's when I got my first ever BFP- although lost it. We shall see. :) x

Ash - so excited about your plan. Sounds wonderful and it is comforting to know that the doctor is going to be so thorough!
Oh, for the last tries, I had a scratch biopsy. The first one was a bit painful, but it really only lasted a few seconds ... most of the others were really easy, didn't need any pain meds for any of them.

I think if I were younger, I would have felt that at least I had more time. Being older definitely put the pressure on : aging eggs = diminishing quality with age etc. etc. And if it doesn't work right away (as it didn't with us), then you just see the years going by without results (same as when you are younger, but when you are younger, you do have more time) ;) Started at the clinic when I was 36 - will be having my baby at 39 ... and at the beginning of the year I had said, "next year I will be 40 - if we are not pregnant by the end of the year, we are stopping trying".

Baby dancing I know the dreaded feeling but as you said if it doesn't work there is the FET. It is not over but the wait is just so annoying. Keep yourself busy so the time goes faster!

Praying that your gut feeling is wrong!

bubu - I hope my uterine biopsy is like yours in that it doesn't hurt too much! I can't believe you're LO is going to be on his way so soon! And about the age thing and still having time. I mean, I do have time but if I can't get pregnant now, it's just going to get harder in time because of aging. And my husband is 41. He doesn't want to be a very old father and I can understand that. I also want my family now. I know that sounds greedy but I want to be a stay at home mom and we have the means for that to be an option but I can't do that without having children. I was an only child and always dreamed of having a house full of kids and toys and just ... excitement and joy from kids. I don't have that and it hurts everyday. I love my pup Rupert and he's amazing and adds a good amount of chaos but I've always wanted to be a mother. I'm old enough to have children, financially stable enough to have children and I feel like I'm "stuck" ...

I'm sorry if this comes off as brash. I'm just trying to explain my situation and feelings to the best of my ability.

bubu - I hope my uterine biopsy is like yours in that it doesn't hurt too much! I can't believe you're LO is going to be on his way so soon! And about the age thing and still having time. I mean, I do have time but if I can't get pregnant now, it's just going to get harder in time because of aging. And my husband is 41. He doesn't want to be a very old father and I can understand that. I also want my family now. I know that sounds greedy but I want to be a stay at home mom and we have the means for that to be an option but I can't do that without having children. I was an only child and always dreamed of having a house full of kids and toys and just ... excitement and joy from kids. I don't have that and it hurts everyday. I love my pup Rupert and he's amazing and adds a good amount of chaos but I've always wanted to be a mother. I'm old enough to have children, financially stable enough to have children and I feel like I'm "stuck" ...

I'm sorry if this comes off as brash. I'm just trying to explain my situation and feelings to the best of my ability.

I am an only child too. I feel the exact same way and if it were up to me, I'd have as many kids as I could comfortably!

I agree about the age thing- ivf failures hurt at ANY age. I feel grateful to have time on my side (kind of) but at the same time if it doesn't work now, what chance will I have as I age. Anyway, can't wait to see how you go! :)

Haha :) Welcome to the "only child" family :D
I still consider myself an only child ... when I was 14, my Father re-married. I was sent to live with my Mother (in Germany). When I was 18, my Father and his wife adopted two children. So - not having ever really lived with siblings, I don't really feel like they are my sisters - plus, I was fully grown up when they adopted.
Spending most of my life travelling between my parents, never having my Father around for Christmas (always had a really special relationship with my Father, but due to the circumstances, it was at a distance), the adopted children have had more vacations with my Father than I have (don't get me wrong, I admire them for going the route of adoption - but somehow often have felt that I have lost out because of it - perhaps that sounds weird).
Anyway, the only thing that kept me going over all the years, because family events (Christmases etc. that my Mother used to make magical when I was little and the family was whole) were really painful for me, someone was always missing ... I had this little candle of hope in the window that some day, I would have my own family, I would have my children and I would make family life be the way that I believe it should be for a family, for my children ... together.
Facing what we did and seeing this one thing I had held on to for most of my life slipping away was unbelievably painful...

I think the one advantage that you have being younger (and I don't rate any of the comments as being brash - it is how you feel and you are perfectly entitled to have those feelings :hugs: ) is the time factor and - should (heaven forbid) the diagnosis be, that biological children are an issue - you do still have plenty of time to discuss alternative ways of becoming parents (Ash, I understand DH's point of view too!).
When I started researching the option of adoption for example (in Germany, we could have tried donor sperm, but if we had also opted for donor eggs - even though everything seemed to be fine with me - we couldn't have gone down that route, as it is illegal here ... would have had to go abroad) I very soon discovered that I was already too old to adopt a newborn / baby!
Or for example, I really felt under pressure, at least the first year, to try again right away (the past couple of years, I relaxed a bit and we did take our time), really feeling the big "4-0" creeping up.
So with having more time, it is OK to take a break here or there, go somewhere else for a second opinion etc. etc.
But the pain, the stress, the emotional, physical, psychological strain : that is the same, no matter what stage of life you are at when confronted with the diagnosis of infertility :(

Sending everyone huge piles of :dust:

@ Baby - the cycle I got my BFP, I had no symptoms at all! The only thing that changed, was the OHSS I had had after egg collection, which did settle a bit by transfer, flared up again badly about two days after transfer and I got more and more bloated and sorer and sorer. But I felt no cramping, had no spotting, my breasts didn't do anything ... nothing to indicate, that we had a little bean burrowing in there. Try to feel and stay positive. :kiss:

Babydancing, got everything crossed for you :hugs:

Ash, as I said on another thread you have a great plan in place and look forward to hearing the outcome of your appointment :happydance:

Bubmaci, how you holding up not long now :happydance:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well xx

Doing OK, thank you Sandy! ... 12 days until due date ...
Monday's appointment went well, his head is fully engaged, he is still being nourished perfectly by the umbilical cord and placenta, all healthy there...
Waking up more or less on an hourly to two-hourly basis to go pee :haha: ... and have managed to develop carpal tunnel syndrome, so my finger joints and hands are constantly hurting / don't have much strength. The doctor asked if I wanted to have braces, but I figured, I could cope for the last two weeks and didn't need them.

I had been feeling that Christopher might not suit our baby boy (not to mention some comments from the Grandparents that caused me a couple of sleepless nights) - so now that is going to be his second name and his Christian name, which we decided on at the weekend, is remaining a secret now until he has arrived. I don't want to put up with any more comments, as they really get to me. But I feel very happy with the new name, he feels like a xxxxxx :D

How is DH doing?

Thats great news and totally agree with you keeping his name a secret as the only people that matter are you and DH. :hugs:

DH is doing well he developed the rash which now seems to be disappearing and starting to get some energy back. He cleaned the whole house at the weekend as he is getting so bored and wash the windows inside and out as well as the car yesterday, think he has more energy than me! he will get a scan at the beginning of december so fx'd xx

I think often, people are just not aware how badly their reactions / comments can affect the parents-to-be. I mean, you do take your time, thinking of names, finally coming up with something you like and it is really quite hurtful, what some - not even nastily meant - comments can do.

That is great that he is getting his energy back! And that the rash is going away. My goodness, just reading what he did this weekend has tired me out *lol*
Definitely will have everything crossed that you have this nightmare finally behind you!!! xoxo

As expected, BFN. It's been a long 14 months and 3 rounds of ICSI/FET. We will take a break now to enjoy Christmas and my 30th Birthday in February. We will wait for consultant appointment to discuss any issues with this cycle and probably look to do another FET in March with our last 2 blastocysts. We're not upset, it's just getting to a point where it just becomes more frustrating.

We have discussed how far we are prepared to go with IVF and agree we would try donor sperm/eggs/embryos if we need too. However, we are not ready to consider adoption. x

Baby :hugs: I hope this break for the holidays does some good and renews your energy. Hopefully they can give you some insight and change things up a bit for your next cycle.

Ash can't wait to hear how your appt went. Hopefully you get results quickly.

Bubu how are you feeling? Have you started progressing at all? So exciting!

Dovkav hope you and baby are perfect!

Sandy I am excited for your upcoming cycle and can't wait to cheer you on. It's almost Nov already! I have no clue where the time goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->