• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Hi ladies

Sorry I've been quiet just nothing much happening

Andrea - glad you are on the mend won't be long now until you are good to go again!

Bugs - I'm with the other ladies. After my mc I was soooo super keen to get going that we didn't wait the 3 months the hosp recommended and from that cycle we didn't get any embryos so I think new year to start again!

AQ - hope you are having a nice pj day

Afm - well it's my birthday on Friday so OH and I have decided to relive our youth and go to a theme park for the day hopefully the weather should be good!! Then on the way home we're going to a nice pub for dinner! Also I don't want to jinx anything but my OH may have investment for his business which would mean he could take a salary and perhaps pay off our debts a bit sooner so we can get going again. Nothing will happen for at least 6 mths cos got to pay everything off but I've got everything crossed this investment comes in!!!!

Xxx

Hi ladies :)

MrsE- Good luck with the investment! hope it happens and you can start sooner x

Well iv had a semi lazy day and it was needed! lol. Hope everyone is ok xxx

Thanks girls, I've had some tests done with them and I should have the results in a few days so once I have them I can arrange a consultation and take it from there.

I think if she recommends the hysto I'll have that in November and then go back for cycle in Jan xxx

Hi Andrea,

So glad you have something to look forward to what better than a holiday to Florida!! So good to hear that your operation went well. 2014 maybe your lucky year!!

So I get to start my 5th cycle tomorrow. So scare as this cycle has to be it or my RE is going to send me packing to another state !!! Has anyone used Saizen before? 7 injections for $1,280 so expensive.

MrsE75 happy birthday !! I love theme parks enjoy the rides !!:happydance:

Jo- Tons of luck and everything crossed that this is 5th time lucky for you xxx

Thanking you both definitely will update you guys on my progress good or bad!! Hoping to get 5 matured eggs with the Saizen !!!

Have a great weekend everyone:hugs:

Hi All

Me again just had lunch with a friend who announced that they are 4 months pregnant. They said it took them a long time 1 whole year. I was like seriously I have to listen to this !!! I year is nothing you haven't had needles and internal ultra sound and spend thousands on COUNTLESS BFN !!!!

Feeling quite sorry for myself!! So selfish I know. Tonight going to our friends place for dinner they couldn't find babysitters so the children will be around. I am over my depress life.

I know you all understand hence send out heaps of hugs!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thinking of you Jo and sending huge hugs xx
Its so bloody hard to be happy for others when we are so sad for ourselves :(
Some people have no idea! my friend moans she has been trying for 'ages' and in reality its only 9mths of ttc and now she is on fertility drugs so will only be a matter of time before i have to contend with yet another pregnancy announcement no doubt :( i am sick of being a jealous person but its so hard not to be. Esp when so many women fall pregnant so easily and here we are still going through hell... xxx

Thinking of you Jo and sending huge hugs xx
Its so bloody hard to be happy for others when we are so sad for ourselves :(
Some people have no idea! my friend moans she has been trying for 'ages' and in reality its only 9mths of ttc and now she is on fertility drugs so will only be a matter of time before i have to contend with yet another pregnancy announcement no doubt :( i am sick of being a jealous person but its so hard not to be. Esp when so many women fall pregnant so easily and here we are still going through hell... xxx

Yep I totally agree, I guess everyone thinks ivf is the answer can't believe that the extreme treatment does not work ! Yes and when something good like this happen to someone all they want to do is talk about it which I cant blame them but seriously esp when you know I have been trying for 3 years +

How was your weekend ? Relaxing ?

Well lets hope its us basking in the joy of pregnancy in the very near future ;)
My weekend was not too bad. I was off work on the Sat and worked the Sunday. Not been too well with stomach bug and on the late shift tonight :(
I have 2 days off from tomorrow though so will give me time to get myself back on my feet. How was your weekend?

How is everyone doing? xxx

Hi ladies. Thanks for your birthday wishes. Had a lovely budget weekend! Went to Alton towers on 241 vouchers with OH we had a ball. Just lovely to forget about work, money and ivf stress and remember what it's like just the 2 of us.

The investment is still a work in progress but I've got everything crossed it happens!

So sorry to hear you are not feelin well AQ hope you are better on your days off. Typical you are ill when you are not in work!!!

A lady from another thread posted this which was very interesting research which thought may help some of us here. OH and I were talking yesterday and if the investment comes through hopefully 6 mths and we will go again but if all happens around feb I will go and get a couple of opinions from other consultants. I basically don't know if my eggs or implantation is my issue so need to do a cycle which either treats both or if it doesn't work tells me where exactly my problem is.

https://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23897664

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I had my first scan yesterday. We have 7 follicles between 11 and 16mm so I am quite happy as this is our best ever!! I am using saizen again 2nd time though hence I think it does help. I am obviously cautious as we never get good fertilisation. So far so good however the scary part yet to come. Another two days of injections and then trigger I think !!

What is everyone doing this weekend?

I am suppose to go to a 1 year party however I said I couldn't make it!

Hi unlucky those follies sound great, fingers crossed for you.

Well it's my 32nd B'day today so just a lazy day today the OH is working so I'm gonna take my gorgeous little boy (dog) for a nice walk and then it's out tonight for Mexican food and lots of sangria.
We had our results back from the clinic and they show a slight infection inside so I'll be in a strong course of antibiotics for a month. So we've definately decided to wait till Jan it will just give us more time to get organised.

Hope everyone is well xxxx

Hi unlucky those follies sound great, fingers crossed for you.

Well it's my 32nd B'day today so just a lazy day today the OH is working so I'm gonna take my gorgeous little boy (dog) for a nice walk and then it's out tonight for Mexican food and lots of sangria.
We had our results back from the clinic and they show a slight infection inside so I'll be in a strong course of antibiotics for a month. So we've definately decided to wait till Jan it will just give us more time to get organised.

Hope everyone is well xxxx

Happy birthday !!!! Have a great birthday and enjoy the sangria!!! Haven't had Mexican for ages. Just came back from a nice walk in the sun so relaxing weather is starting to be great down under!!

Yes best to be 100% so there are no excuses for the RE let hope 2014 is our year!!

Going for another scan tomorrow hope they have all grown to be big fat matured eggs !!

Aw - happy birthday!! (belated) :)
Jo - that's wonderful that you have a nice bunch of eggies developing!! Fx'd that they mature nicely and fertilise nicely! :)

For my birthday in August, DH gave me a voucher for a weekend away (which he had booked for this past weekend) at a romantic hotel (which is owned by my favourite chef) with a lovely menu both Friday and Saturday evening. It is a couple of hours' drive from our home (and near to a place I used to live 14 years ago - Kronach) - so on Saturday we drove to the town I lived in, visited my old home, wandered around the town, walked up to the castle ... relaxed in the afternoon and then enjoyed a fabulous 5-course meal in the evening. Really lovely weekend :)

Hi Ladies

Wondering if i can join :hi:

As you can see from my signature we have just had our 3rd failed IVF. Bit of background No problems on my side but we had to freeze DH sperm due to intense Chemotherapy he had to recieve so only way we can get pregnant is through ICSI. 3 fresh cycles and 1 FET which all ended in BFN not even a sign of a BFP.
Always collected 15 to 21 eggs at retriveal and always got a 5 day blastocyst to transfer and even had a hatching blatocyst last time but still nothing.
Going to have a break now till the new year and look into to getting some testing done and also look into acunpunture and herbal treatments.

Look forward to speaking to you ladies within the coming months :hugs: xx

Hi Sandy :howdy:
I am so sorry to read that on top of everything else, you've had to battle cancer! How much :spermy: were you able to freeze up front?

I have wondered - does chemo always have to result in infertility? Or do they say, that it can be the result?

In preparation for our November cycle, I am also going to be doing the chinese herbal treatment + acupuncture (had my first appointment to discuss last Friday and on October 8th I have the first treatment - in the meantime, I have to drink some special tea conconction for two weeks). I hope that your tests can give you some insight into why your implantation is not happening. It really is so nasty of life / nature to put that roadblock in the way, when so many other hurdles have had to be overcome! Biggest hugs to you!!!

And welcome to a lovely group of ladies! :hugs:

Hi Bubumaci

Thanks for the welcome. We were able to freeze quite a lot of :spermy: prior to the treatment so got plenty to keep trying at the minute. Chemo has a 90% chance of causing infertility but DH had to have intense chemo and a stem cell transplant so we had a good idea that infertility would happen. They have said there is a chance in the future that fertility could return but it's a very small chance.

I did do acupuncture with my last cycle for the first time but looking at going to another clinic as found it helped with the side effects of the meds but he only wanted to see me 3 times throughout the cycle and then he wasn't available after transfer and found his colleague very rude and unprofessional so going to try somewhere else. You will have to let me know what treatment they suggest you to try with acupuncture. like how many times to go, what tea to drink etc

As for the tests the clinic haven't suggested to do any yet but from researching things myself i am not happy to go ahead with my next cycle without looking into to why it hasn't worked, especially since this is my last funded cycle as we were lucky and got 3 cycles through the NHs due to our circumstances and the clinic are funding the 4th cycle so want to at least rule out some things even if the results are fine just want to put my mind at rest that we have done eveything we can.

Are you doing anything differently this time round? :hugs: xx

Aw - happy birthday!! (belated) :)
Jo - that's wonderful that you have a nice bunch of eggies developing!! Fx'd that they mature nicely and fertilise nicely! :)

For my birthday in August, DH gave me a voucher for a weekend away (which he had booked for this past weekend) at a romantic hotel (which is owned by my favourite chef) with a lovely menu both Friday and Saturday evening. It is a couple of hours' drive from our home (and near to a place I used to live 14 years ago - Kronach) - so on Saturday we drove to the town I lived in, visited my old home, wandered around the town, walked up to the castle ... relaxed in the afternoon and then enjoyed a fabulous 5-course meal in the evening. Really lovely weekend :)

Hi Clare ,
hahaha glad you have a great time with the husband. DH birthday is coming up as well 26 oct hence you romantic weekend is giving me some ideas !!

Welcome Sandy can't believe you and your husband has been through so much. Yes it doesn't make sense you seem to have so many eggs I am glad you are doing a few tests before doing another IVF. How is DH?

Just a little update tiggered tonight hence ER in two days time. 2nd scan 7 follicles 20,19,19,18,18,17,16. Really hope there is one good one in me!!

hope all is well

Jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back