Sure start grant?

bexie1985

Reaction score
I didnt think id be entitled to it as me and oh work, but a friend of mine (whos in the same possition work wise) said she DID get it?? We do get a bit of tax credits do you think i should apply and see? you have to be 29weeks dont you? how long is this one taking to come? im still waiting for my HIP one, as i think alot of you are?? xx :flower:

do they write back to you and tell you if u can or cant get it then? xx

Yes, i got the letter on a friday, saying i was entitled to it, and money was in my bank by the monday x

we arent entitled now but will be after babies arrive (basically due to being allocated the higher level of CTC) you get up to 3 months to apply after baby arrives so we have to basically - apply for CTC soon as they arrive then pray we get that awarded in time to hit the three month deadline lol.

I am being super organised and pre completing the forms so all we need to do is sign and date them - cant imagine a 30 odd page application form will be top of my agenda soon are delivering twins lol

I posted mine on the 10th December still waiting x

im hoping when i see my MW tomorrow she will date the form from next week to avoid me having to trek back up there to see her next week so i can get it in the post asap we should get it on CTC grounds.

Did everyone get letter then money or money then letter1

so u have to get your midwife to sign sure start form aswell do you?? im not seeing her til the 5th jan :(

i got a letter after it went in my bank :shrug: midwife has to sign it.

bloomin heck lol theres so many forms and stuff to get sorted isnt there! k well i'l pop and get form today and take it for her to sign on the 5th then. i never got any of this when i had my daughter as didnt know about any of it!! Every little helps tho doesnt it, i still need to buy a car seat!! x

Me and OH currently receive Working Tax Credits. WTC don't qualify you for the Sure Start Grant unless you have a disabled amount. but.... if you are on WTC now then you will be on enough Child Tax Credit when the baby is born to qualify then.

We were in the same boat as some of you here, basically before our DD was born we wern't entitled to anything but as soon as she was born we could get some help. On some of the forms, if you read all through the booklet, they tell you to send it off even if you are still waiting to her back about another benifit. We did this and got out Sure Start grant BEFORE we were actually told we we entitled to CTC. We had already worked out that we would qualify for it though. x

i think its if you get £20 a week or more which is the higher rate child tax you can claim sure start grant.

My form was recieved at the office on thurs or fri, i got letter on sat and got money today! Mad!

i get child tax credit now for my daughter? does that mean i will get it? or will i have to wait until baby is born and reciving child tax credit for him?? GOD its SO confussing!! x

i get child tax credit now for my daughter? does that mean i will get it? or will i have to wait until baby is born and reciving child tax credit for him?? GOD its SO confussing!! x

no if u claim child tax now u can put in a claim, might be worth ringing first to see if u qualify as if its turned down u cant reclaim and if your not getting enough now u might be after, i rung other day and i qualify. you need to be recieving £548 a year for each child to claim it while pregnant, or £1095 a year if you've just had your baby or your child is under 1's. hope this helps.

thanks mummy0704 i get it, i'll apply now i think, im pretty sure we wont get it, but if we do it'll be a nice bonus aftr xmas :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->