sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Probably because AS will come to this country with nothing even if they have other children.

Its scandalous - the worse thing ever is allowing that bloody tory goverment in... what makes them think the entire countrys deficit is gonna be cleaned out by cutting benefits such as this is beyond me...hope they enjoy it while it lasts as they wont be allowed back in again!!!!

Because it has nothing to do with the deficit at all and everything to do with an idelogy that penalises poor people and celebrates the rich.

^^ OMG I didnt know that about AS lisabee....not racist here either BUT this totally isnt fair and I dont even qualify for SSMG anyway just sympathise with the crap situation :(

Infact I feel a bit peeved tbh....I work 28hrs a week have done since DS was 4.5mths old (looking down the nose at redundancy as I sit here right now my fate at work is been decided as work management have met this eve!) BUT I still wouldnt qualify however not great to think my taxes are paying towards AS 300.00 for having a baby (No rules applied!) whilst you ladies dont qualify and should :wacko: Oh and I missed out on HIP too by 1 day :dohh::

Its scandalous - the worse thing ever is allowing that bloody tory goverment in... what makes them think the entire countrys deficit is gonna be cleaned out by cutting benefits such as this is beyond me...hope they enjoy it while it lasts as they wont be allowed back in again!!!!

And I missed out HIP by a week - so I am getting nothing - I am currently taking my employer to a tribunal so I am not gtting any mat pay either ATM altho gonna try and get mat allowance but am sure like evrything else it will be turned down!!!!!! I give up!!!

Oh no hon :hugs:

My employer wanted to pay me my SMP in one lump sum in my final March wage which would have had a tax deduction of 1,600.00 :wacko:Because it will go down as this tax years earnings and not next iykwim, which is approx 1k more on tax deduction than it would have been if I was to recieve as planned on a monthly basis. The union got involved :thumbup: and it seems they are now happy to pay monthly as planned with my final SMP been Nov11 which will include my holiday pay and any redundancy pay ( a weeks salary which they are currently denying). Thing is because I need to find another job now it means once my LO is born I may get approx 3mths with him before I have to start trawling job vacancies because I dont know what we will do if I have no job come Nov when my SMP runs out...makes me so :sad1: The HIP and the baby element of tax credit would have helped somewhat to enable me to stay at home a month or two longer.....as it is I keep looking on the positive and keeping my fxed it will all work out :dohh:

I know some very negative people (not on here) would say "well its ur choice to have a baby" well no it wasnt - My baby was called jesus before i found out it was a girl as this was not on my "to do" list and had no way of getting pregnant but the stars thought it was a good idea!!! I am happy now I am having my baby but it wasnt planned...... anyway......

Madlytcc hope it goes well and everything gets sorted...we have enough to worry about nevermind having all this on top too!!!!

Hopefully i will get my mat allowance its not much but it will at least pay my rent every week just bums me out as like everyone else I was relying on that money to go towards my cot and bedding etc now I need to scrimp n save to get what I need... I am having to start brand new with everything as its a girl this time and have nothing except a steriliser lol grrrr goverment pisses me off :D

Re the AS. Really, these are your sisters you are talking about. People who have come from other countries because they are persecuted in their own, have wars and fear for their lives. They have NOTHING when they arrive here and they get some money to be able to start their lives again. So if a war starts here and we have to do the same thing and go to their countries in fear of our lives, would £300 start your life from nothing? No, I dont think so... Seriously guys what has happened to bit humanity.

We have to have cuts from everywhere otherwise this country is buggered and its everyones fault, not just this Governments. Its the lazy arsed people who cant be bothered to get a job, through to the people who took out mortgages and loans they cant afford. Its our country and our responsibility.

Go to the US, France, Germany etc. you get NOTHING. At least we are getting something...

This is not meant to be antagonistic, and I am sure I will get shot totally down in flames but lets be a little bit more grateful for what we have.

Re the AS. Really, these are your sisters you are talking about. People who have come from other countries because they are persecuted in their own, have wars and fear for their lives. They have NOTHING when they arrive here and they get some money to be able to start their lives again. So if a war starts here and we have to do the same thing and go to their countries in fear of our lives, would £300 start your life from nothing? No, I dont think so... Seriously guys what has happened to bit humanity.

We have to have cuts from everywhere otherwise this country is buggered and its everyones fault, not just this Governments. Its the lazy arsed people who cant be bothered to get a job, through to the people who took out mortgages and loans they cant afford. Its our country and our responsibility.

Go to the US, France, Germany etc. you get NOTHING. At least we are getting something...

This is not meant to be antagonistic, and I am sure I will get shot totally down in flames but lets be a little bit more grateful for what we have.

people understand that cuts have to be made but why are we the ones affected by the cutbacks yet people who have entered this country illegally are still entitled to claim everything in sight they have never paid taxes here or contributed in any way they come here expecting handouts and boy do they get them the rules should apply to everyone but its only people that come from this country that it affects how is that fair?

I have to say I agree with that 100% If you're leaving a country because you have to, you're not going to be taking a cot/buggy/other random things with you. Are they just ment to go without?

AS are not here illegally. Illegal immegrients are. These are the ones that smuggle themselves into this country.

And if you look at where the cuts are are, EVERYONE is effected including the AS. This Governement is restricting theamount of AS coming into this country, so yes cuts are being made there. Its not just child benefits etc that are getting cut, so much else is too.

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Firstly, assylum seekers are NOT illegal, they are here because they have been forced to flee their country due to risk to their lives from the situation there. They should incite our compassion not our condemnation. Secondly, the cuts are not necessary in this way, they are an ideological move on the part of the Tories. If you believe it is necessary for the deficit to be cut this hard, this fast, and for the welfare system to take most of the hit then you have simply bought into the spin. Women and children are paying 7 times as much as men through the choice of where these cuts have been places. How many bankers do you think are women? How many MPs in the coalition do you think are women? How many children do you think are going to be thrust into poverty as a direct consequence of the cuts?

How do you know if you qualify for the sure start grant?

i got no compassion for anyone i got enough on my own plate lol x

Secondly, the cuts are not necessary in this way, they are an ideological move on the part of the Tories. If QUOTE]

I would then ask what do you think the alternative is? We DO need cuts everywhere, and its unfortunate that EVERYONE is getting effected, but it is necessary to get us out of debt and out of a recession. Oh and its nothing to do with 'spin' its simple economics...

i got no compassion for anyone i got enough on my own plate lol x

Then maybe all of the 'rich people' should then have no compassion for your circumstances because they have enough on their plates. Do you not see that we need compassion to build a welfare country. If not, then maybe you would be getting nothing and you WOULD be living in poverty. You and your children would have no health or schooling and would live in a shack. It is necessary to support all of those who genuienly need it.

im so confused coz people are saying if your 29 weeks before 11th april you can the grant and other are saying if ur baby is due after 11th april u cant, what is true?

Ok so i am full time employed my due date is 29th March can i apply for the grant?? or its it just for people who are on benefits?

im so confused coz people are saying if your 29 weeks before 11th april you can the grant and other are saying if ur baby is due after 11th april u cant, what is true?

Ok so i am full time employed my due date is 29th March can i apply for the grant?? or its it just for people who are on benefits?

Its people on benefits hun...

gimme a break i was joking simply think the government should look to its own first

@ Miss Cakes, you keep editting your posts and I am not getting you? I apologise it didnt sound like you were joking. I think its a bit off topic anyway. I beleive there is a propoer debate on this in 'Debates'. Perhaps we should stick to the SSMG update :flower:

just not wanting to start an arguement which is why i kind of made a joke about the no compassion my grandparents came over as AS from hungry in the 60s so im not completely ignorent and do have compassion but i do think the current cutbacks are wrong and perhaps im not getting myself across properly and your right its all getting a bit off topic so my apologies :)

Secondly, the cuts are not necessary in this way, they are an ideological move on the part of the Tories. If

I would then ask what do you think the alternative is? We DO need cuts everywhere, and its unfortunate that EVERYONE is getting effected, but it is necessary to get us out of debt and out of a recession. Oh and its nothing to do with 'spin' its simple economics...

Money doesn't have to be not spent, it can be collected instead by taxing bankers, raising corporation tax, raising high income tax, raising inheritance tax. I ask why our government managed to find £150bn to newly invest in the US economy since coming into power. Just so happens that's the exact amount of deficit they are trying to cut in 4 years. The action they are taking is leading (and already has looking at last quarter's growth) to another recession and massively increasing unemployment. It is the same set of tactics that has just led Ireland to a bailout. It is the same set of tactics that led to the Great Depression in the 20s. It is the wrong set of tactics. It's not economics, it's politics.

To put it all into context the national debt is actually about £850bn. This £150bn is just the bit above the standing debt that has us on shakey ground for now.

But I agree this is an argument for another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->