sure start maternity grant UPDATE

There is a chance I could go by 11th, I went that early with my son. But I don't think we'll be receiving any tax credits next tax year so we still won't be eligible.

There is a chance I could go by 11th, I went that early with my son. But I don't think we'll be receiving any tax credits next tax year so we still won't be eligible.

Don't tax credits go on the previous years earnings?

You can choose. If your earnings are going to be significantly less then you can ask it to be based on current year. If you are earning significantly more you have to declare it. This was £25k but it's going down this year, I forget to what, then down again to £10k in 2012/13.

hi is anyone else due in april and still been turned down for the ssmg,they say its cos i already have a child under 16,ow can this ever be right,the government should at least let us know they are changing the rules

The rules are on the direct gov website, they were recently changed.

If you are due on or before 11th April with your second or more child, you wont be entitled.

yeh i thought i had to be due by 11th april,my due date is 22nd unless i have to av a caesarean which will then be the 8th april but i still cant av the ssmg as i have a child under 16.i thought the rules wasnt supposed to affect woman already pregnant

If you're due before the 11th of april you are entitled whether its your 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....
If you're due after the 11th you are only entitled if its your 1st.

If you're due after the 11th (if its not your 1st) but your baby is born before the 11th you can claim it after baby is born.

HTH
xx

yeh i thought i had to be due by 11th april,my due date is 22nd unless i have to av a caesarean which will then be the 8th april but i still cant av the ssmg as i have a child under 16.i thought the rules wasnt supposed to affect woman already pregnant

If you end up having a section on the 8th you'll be able to apply afterwards even with another child under 16, otherwise they will go off your due date.

im not impressed with this new rule :( i sent off for mine 2 weeks ago and 4 days later got a reply saying im not entitled to it coz i have children under 16 already WTF does that make a difference for, we was relying on that money to get the pram and essentials (not babys clothing) and now its going to be a real struggle :nope: im 30 weeks this week and buy time we can save the 500 we need for the stuff i will be 38 weeks meaning i wont be able to get anything essential for baby till a week b4 my c-section, i now feel really unsettled coz if babys decides to come early i will have nothing, oh well juts got hope everything goes to plan and we sorted it by then :(

i got turned down too , they said some areas stopped doing it now .

I sent off for ours last week, waiting to hear back. Not sure if we'll even be entitled but worth sending off anyway

Just thought i'd let you know i got turned down because i have another child under the age 16! I may write them a letter back with me being hormonal and all lol Stupid rules i wasnt entitled to it when i was pregnant with my son as i wasnt claiming anything! xx

I sent off for ours last week, waiting to hear back. Not sure if we'll even be entitled but worth sending off anyway

I got mine and im entitled due to high tax credits with LO and our due dates are close so if you meet the critera you'll defo get it xxxx

Stupid rules i wasnt entitled to it when i was pregnant with my son as i wasnt claiming anything! xx

Thats my issue with it too hun, i wasnt entitled with my first but needed it waaaay more with my first coming so early. The system is pathetic, i do agree it should be stopped it it should never have affected anyone currently pregnant. I may have got the grant but i still feel sorry for you girls xxx

i got turned down too , they said some areas stopped doing it now .

Surely it wouldnt be area specific?
If that were the case I'd go nuts!! :growlmad:

I was pretty much relying on it to get a pram and stuff but I've been really lucky and been given a 2nd hand one for nothing along with a carseat, and I picked up a swinging crib for nothing off freecycle.

£500 is alot of money to miss out on but there are ways around things.

:hugs:

i now feel really unsettled coz if babys decides to come early i will have nothing, oh well juts got hope everything goes to plan and we sorted it by then :(

I think you are entitled if LO comes early :shrug: Not certain though. It does suck! I'd love to know where this random date of 11th April has come from :wacko: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->