Tax Credits- UK

Starmoon

Reaction score
Can anyone answer this?

Me an husband both work full time but I think we will be entitled to sone child tax credits because we come under the bracket. Does this mean that would get more whilst I am on maternity leave (as I will be earning less than usual) or do they base it on what I earnt before?

tax credits is all based on your previuse years earnings hun x

I was wondering this too - seems stupid that they base it on the previous year's earnings if your situation has completely changed!

J x

I was wondering also.. when we can get tax credits is it from the start of ML or after the 6 weeks full pay?

when u do your renewal it then goes up if u income has changed its so they can be accurate otherwise they would have to do alot of guesse work on exactly how much u would earn x

I was wondering also.. when we can get tax credits is it from the start of ML or after the 6 weeks full pay?

you can apply for TC as soon as your baby is born you will need to have registered them and sent off for child benefit as tax credits will ask for your child benefit number also make sure you as for your TC to be bacjdated to the day your child was born as apperntly you now hoave to request backdate i didnt know that and had to wait 3 months for them to sort it out x

In my case I don't think it will make a huge amount of difference because after the 6 weeks at 90% I have another 12 weeks at 50% plus smp, after which I go back to work. During those 12 weeks I think I will be about £4-500 a month worse off so wondered if they take that into account.

Sorry to butt in, but do I have to do anything before the baby arrives then?

Also I've done the calculators and should get the basic £20 a week benefit but as my first 6months is at full pay does this seem right, I don't want them asking for the money back later on:wacko:

put your claim in with your income for the tax year before and then when its up and running you can phone them and tell them about your maternity leave and you can give an estimate in for what you will earn for the new tax year. with maternity pay they say take around 100 pound off a week when working out your income, so it will be about 3900 for the 39 weeks.

hope this helps

The base the figures from last years earnings, but it says that if your income goes down to call them and tell them the figure you are predicting you will be getting that year. It really confuses me :-S

But come April I am going to ring them and tell them my figure with the maternity leave.
x

We are not entitled to Tax Credits normally but as soon as I started Mat leave I called them up to tell them of our reduced income and what is predicted up until the new tax year and suddenly was granted Tax Credits which was paid it into the bank account within 2 weeks. My previous tax year income wasn't taken into account. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->