• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

teaching children the right names for their bits

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
you will have proberly seen the up roar in the press (uk) about the governments idea to bring sex ed in earlier and teachin children the right names for penis's and vaginas?!
i really dont understand what the problem is if im honest but some people are horrified over this i was interested to see what people on here thought about it.

i have heard in the press that parents believe it will encourage sexual activity early one etc etc... its ridiculous how is knowing the name of ya lady bits going to encourage you to have sex??

madness i dont get it

I agree and I think it may avoid confusion if anything. I think some parents will probably think this is promoting their children to grow up too fast, but I agree that kids knowing the "proper' names isn't going to make them run out and do it just because they know.

May even save parents who find it hard to explain to their kids the 'birds and bees'.

lol

I agree with you UV knowing the correct names is not going to encourage children to have sex

I feel that a lot of people are horrified about about having there 5/6/7+ years old taught about sex because they haven't listened to the news properly or read the reprts etc....

At such a young age they are only going to teach about the realationship aspects etc...
Not give the ins and outs (excuse the pun :lol:) in glorious details

I also think it is a good idea because most parents with 5/6/7 yr olds rarley explain anything to do with bodies and realationships as it just doesn't come up, but if it is an issue brought up at schools and children feel comfortable with their bodies, they will also learn that it is their body and no one has the right to touch them if they don't want ( i think some cases of abuse could be stopped as the children will know right and wrong from an early age and will speak up--hope that makes sense)

Sorry i drifted then UV :)
As for the right names for their bits and bobs mine call them other things as i find Vagina and Penis sounds very hard coming from a little mouth

i think its ok to have 'pet names' like i dont call mine a vagina lol but they have to know that 'fu fu' or 'twinkle' isnt the actual name for it.
you dont say to your child 'oh thats your noggin' then explain 6 years later its actually their head... it seems upsidedown and back to front lol

its so vital for kids to be taught about relationships and their bodys, i wasnt told about periods i started mine early at aged 9 and i honestly thought i was going to die untill someone put me right. i wouldnt wish that on another little girl.

i spoken to my mil about these kind of things and she got told what to use and not to go near boys!!

she told me that her mil didnt know how a baby came out untill she was in labour! the midwife had to explain it to her!!

shocking

We call our vagina's "noonee's" and the boys bits "willy's"
Leigha is only 3 yet she knows the real names for the private areas.
I dont see any problem with it. She asked what the REAL name was, so i told her. :shrug:

its so vital for kids to be taught about relationships and their bodys, i wasnt told about periods i started mine early at aged 9 and i honestly thought i was going to die untill someone put me right. i wouldnt wish that on another little girl.

i spoken to my mil about these kind of things and she got told what to use and not to go near boys!!

she told me that her mil didnt know how a baby came out untill she was in labour! the midwife had to explain it to her!!

shocking
i really do agree that girls need to know what is what and what will happen to their bodies from a younger age, girls are strating thir periods earlier and earlier
I have prepared Emily or at least i hope i have, she knows about periods and why we have them and she has a little purse with supplies in that she takes to school so she is not caught out if she starts in the middle of a school day

:shock: about your MIL's MIL

I think Emily knows a bit more than some of her friends with me having Jack when she was 7, i explained everything to her and she watched the birth stories with me on discovery

I've always tried to answer honestly if she asks me anything

amy watches birth storys with me too! she was alarmed with all the blood but after i explained that its all normal etc she thought it was great and decided to give daddy a run down on how they come out with noises and strained face expressions ended with and theres loads of blood and everryone cryes

I think it's important for kids to know the proper names of their body parts. More specifically our 'bits'.

My friends neighbor's kid was molested when he was young (5 or so) and he had to explain what happened. He kept calling his penis a 'willy'. Apparently, they let the molester get away with it because the kid didn't know the right term for his penis. I don't know if that's exactly why he got away with it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and make sure that if something like that were to happen to a young child in my family that they'd know the proper terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->