Team 2011 Winter Baby!

Me too! I don't have a contact number for the puppy we want :cry: The poor woman must think I am a lunatic because I emailed her thinking she was the one I had spoken to and was talking about logistics for friday :wacko: her last message to me was along the lines of we had got our wires crossed and she wished us luck with the puppy we were picking up and she would be advertising hers asap as we had found an alternative one :cry:

Send her an email and explain your mix up, hopefully she will understand xxx

I really hope it works out for you Feisty and they're not trying to scam you... :( Your OH is right - I wouldn't want a chi x yorkie either (far too bad tempered for my liking!). Anyone can post a pic on FB though and say they have a dog for sale.....

If the pup you want is a pure bred chi, does it come with papers? Can you see the parents? How old is the mother and how many litters has she had? Tell me to mind my own business, but how much do they want for the pup (you can PM me :))? Will she have her first vaccinations before she comes to you? How old is she now?

Sorry for being a right nosy mare - like I said, tell me to bugger off if you like - I'm just a bit mistrustful of hobby breeders who undermine all the good work done by people who have done this for years and years, and I don't want you to be disappointed :hugs:

Katie firstly a huge thank you for taking such an interest and giving such wonderful advice :hugs:

I had been put off mixed breeds that were intentional as you end up with a temperamental dog. When I agreed to the chi x yorkie I was under the impression I was agreeing to the pedigree chi :wacko:

Have managed to sort it out with the breeder of the pedigree chi and we should be able to pick her up the end of next weekish. She is KC registered (under the name of Princess Posie Pearl - not my choosing honest ;)) This is Mum's first litter as far as I know - I didn't ask because I know that the kennel club have strict litter number guidelines for registering so the owner hasn't exceeded that.

Pup is still with Mummy atm and only 7 weeks old. We have both agreed to see how she is at 8 weeks but if she needs longer the breeder and I insist she has it. She has all of her papers and we are paying £650 for her. I know my mum had a heart attack when I told her the price but after research I know that that is lower end of the scale and the breeder only lives 40 minutes from us.

xxx

Yay for getting the puppy sorted out :yipee:

Knew it would work out if you just explained the mix up :D

I have to say the longer she is with mum the better. When I was with my ex we got a puppy at 8 weeks and she was terrible for mouthing and chewing our hands as she hadn't learnt bite inhibition from her mum and siblings, however when we went back 2 weeks later and got her sister (my Holly Husky :cloud9:) she was SO much better at 10 weeks. I've always been able to put my hands in her mouth and she will never bite me :cloud9:

Have just breathed a huge sigh of relief Feisty! It all sounds fabulous and just the right start for the puppy. And kennel names are neither here nor there lol - you should hear some of the names I've given mine! 8 weeks is probably fine for them to leave the bitch - I leave mine until they're 9 weeks, but smaller breeds tend to mature a bit faster.

I'm so excited for you and your OH - bringing a dog into your life is one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do x

Although it wasn't a factor in choosing the chi breed for us (I hadn't read this until after we decided on a chi) apparently Chi's are the dog of choice for couples who can't conceive?!?! I plan to buck that trend :haha:

Katie you are obviously a very knowledgeable lady :flower: the breeder said the pups are pretty uninterested in their mum but she is still over-protective of them, a sure sign that mummy doesn't think the pups are old enough yet. I did point out that I am usually impatient with everything but if it is beneficial for the puppy to wait longer I will do.

DH is now in a better mood. It is hilarious that I am the one that has been nagging for years for a dog and he has gone from out-rightly refusing to getting in a strop because we may have lost the dog he wanted :wacko:

Rachael thanks for the advice hun, luckily she saw the amusing side!

I think the extra time is a good thing as I can get some chi and puppy books and make sure everything is prepared and not rushed. I have to say that ttc hasn't crossed my mind even a quarter of the amount it usually does! I really think the pup may help us get that :bfp:

Feisty, I hope your pup brings luck ;)
AF is about to get me. My temp dropped this morning and spotting started. I know I shouldn't have been hopeful because DH's swimmers are not in good shape at all but still I can't help worrying :nope:

Aww Leylak I am sorry hun :hugs:

Does your health care provider have a plan for you and hubby? xxx

DH has been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. he is also taking a pill to improve motility. around my ov. time, he had just started those.hopefully, he will visit the doc next week. he has a tight schedule so I am trying to get him fit the dr visit in it. onto the next cycle...

Good luck for next cycle leylak :hugs:

I had a huge wobble earlier thinking it's never going to happen for me.

Feisty - glad you got the pup xx

Leylak - sorry AF got you :hugs:

Rachael - I'm sorry you're having a tough time :hugs: it will happen for you, stay positive xx

Leylak, it sounds like you are highly motivated and organised :thumbup:

Rachael don't get down hun :hugs: There are times when I too feel this way but then I know that there is so much other treatment available that we WILL get there!

Thanks Pink, so excited! xxx

I know. I just had a huge wobble because I felt like this cycle was going to be a waste and AF hasn't even left yet, all because I missed my delivery of CBFM test sticks and now won't get them until Monday :grr:

Oh chicky, I know they are a lot but if I were in your situation I would go to the shops today and get the smallest pack you can? If you literally have zero funds have a quick clear out of and DVDs or computer games you don't want and take them to Blockbuster - be warned they are really stingy with their prices but desperate times and all that :hugs: Good Luck!

Oh completely forgot to mention I ovulated last Monday :blush: What with the exciting news of a doggy it slipped my mind to tell you all :haha: Not holding out much hope as only dtd on the Wednesday before, the Sunday and the Tuesday. I have all but given up until we get our referral through I feel it is kind of pointless.

RachaelI agree with Feisty if it was me I'd go to the shop today and get some xx

You never know Feisty now you've sorted out a pup your bfp will come out of no where - that's what happened to Sassy_TTC :thumbup:

Afm - I ovulated on Wednesday CD33 - we DTD on CD32 & 33 so we'll see what happens xxx

A very kind lady has sent me 2 CBFM sticks which arrived this morning so I was able to reset the monitor :happydance: It should start asking me for tests tomorrow, so I have enough for tomorrow and Monday when i should get my box :D

I did look in town for them Feisty - it's £22.49 for a pack of 20 in Boots. It's the only place that sells them and they only do one size. Luckily Shona saved the day..... and my sanity! I just begrudge paying Boots' prices when I know I can get them £10 cheaper on Amazon :shock:

Yay for both of you Ovulating! :dust: to you both, I hope the 2ww goes quickly - I know for Feisty it will, she has a puppy to focus on :D

Aww Rachael I am glad that you got your sticks! I really hope that your monitor brings you luck and I am watching with interest as I have seriously considered one. I know it says that clomid interferes with the readings but there are quite a few lovelies who use it on clomid who said it just gives them a few extra 'high' days but the 'peak' days stay the same.

Came to a crap realisation yesterday - we are going to have to start a new group in about 6 weeks as any due dates will officially be in spring not Winter :cry: I feel kind of pants as obviously as my group I have been here from the beginning and it sucks that ANY of us are left without our winter baby BUT I know we will get there and the support from this group has helped immensely!

Feisty - I thought the same thing to be honest and maybe we should start a Spring/Summer 2012 Group (you know like it's time to bring out a new catalogue :haha:). I know it's no consolation for you but this group has brought luck and bfps for many and has helped me through the hardest thing I have ever had to go through - and I have you to thank for that :friends: We'll all get our bfps and beautiful babies eventually - I know we will xxxx

Rachael - really glad you got some test strips and I hope the monitor works for you - I have heard only good things about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->