Team April 21st

12 more weeks to go x

It will get scary when its 9 weeks! Im hoping time will fly trying to keep myself busy til April lol x

I've been to phsyio about my back then my pelvis pain started so i told him and he said he cant do much for me but the exercises he gave me should help a little which it has but still painful! I dont think crutches would work for pelvis pain not that im a doctor or anything but i thought you got the pain because the baby was low and heavy. Ive got a consult appointment on tuesday and im gonna talk to them about it as i found stress made me have thyroid problems so im hoping with the stress of pelvis pain they might say lets start you off early (wishful thinking lol) i have no worries about baby coming early and not being a good size as my son was only 5 days late and weighed 9lbs half an ounce and with the size of me now im guessing Baby Caleb will be big!
I keep telling myself all the aches and pains are worth it but so days are worse than others but still worth it when i have him in my arms.

Has everyone got everything? Done nursery? or having a baby shower?

xx

Oh if you've already seen a physio that's your lot! SPD is when the separation of the pelvis is out of balance causing a lot of pain and if very severe it can prevent being able to walk properly, hence the crutches to take the body weight off the pelvis a bit. But generic pelvic pain is not really quite the same thing though still caused by the softening of the pelvis and it moving apart.

As this is our second we're fairly sorted. No nursery to do. We mostly have everything we need. I am thinking of buying my own breast pump this time though as I think my sister's will still be in use and I want one for nip stimulation (if I need it) during labour. Thinking I'll get the tommee tippee one as it matches my bottles and has a squashy funnel bit which looks more comfy. Other than that nothing to buy really!

Yay 28 weeks!

Our cot is arriving on Saturday and that will be the last thing we need. I can't believe we have everything, I've not even got the urge to buy anything else any more, I think I might have lost the will to shop!

I've got to spend the next 12 weeks finishing my dissertation and 4 assignments then I can relax finally - the trouble is I've lost the will to do uni work too, I really want to graduate this year though.

Yay 28 weeks!

Our cot is arriving on Saturday and that will be the last thing we need. I can't believe we have everything, I've not even got the urge to buy anything else any more, I think I might have lost the will to shop!

I've got to spend the next 12 weeks finishing my dissertation and 4 assignments then I can relax finally - the trouble is I've lost the will to do uni work too, I really want to graduate this year though.

What are you doing at uni? xx

Im invading here but your all due on my wee boys 1st birthday!! Its wrong this has brought a tear to my eye isnt it lol good luck to you all hope you all pop on this special day xxx

Yay 28 weeks!

What are you doing at uni? xx

I'm studying marketing. I think I'm going to have to do my dissertation next year though as I've not even made a start yet! I was going to take this year out but figured it would be easier to do while pregnant than with a 6 month old baby.

Hello newbies, let me know if you're not already at the front and I'll add you.

Sorry some of you have mw issues. If you have bad pelvis pain you can get a referral to the physio. I don't know how much can be done and a certain amount of discomfort is normal but I do hear about ladies on here getting spd so bad they need crutches so don't just suffer in silence. I was in agonies all last preg but by basically lying down a lot and avoiding uncomfortable chairs or walking too long I really feel much better this time. I find it much easier to do less this time!

Apparently the doctor phoned while I was out today so I guess I'm probably anaemic again. Back on the spatone! I had to get b12 shots last time so it could be that.

Had about 3hrs sleep last night. Combination of reasons bit I'm definitely getting insomnia more often recently. Anyone else?

No thrush for me though I did wonder but I'm certain now it is pruritis. I've only actually had thrush once or twice in my life so I guess I'm not really prone but it is really common in pregnancy.

Hi I'm new and not on the first page yet! :happydance:

I've been to phsyio about my back then my pelvis pain started so i told him and he said he cant do much for me but the exercises he gave me should help a little which it has but still painful! I dont think crutches would work for pelvis pain not that im a doctor or anything but i thought you got the pain because the baby was low and heavy. Ive got a consult appointment on tuesday and im gonna talk to them about it as i found stress made me have thyroid problems so im hoping with the stress of pelvis pain they might say lets start you off early (wishful thinking lol) i have no worries about baby coming early and not being a good size as my son was only 5 days late and weighed 9lbs half an ounce and with the size of me now im guessing Baby Caleb will be big!
I keep telling myself all the aches and pains are worth it but so days are worse than others but still worth it when i have him in my arms.

xx

Oh if you've already seen a physio that's your lot! SPD is when the separation of the pelvis is out of balance causing a lot of pain and if very severe it can prevent being able to walk properly, hence the crutches to take the body weight off the pelvis a bit. But generic pelvic pain is not really quite the same thing though still caused by the softening of the pelvis and it moving apart.

As this is our second we're fairly sorted. No nursery to do. We mostly have everything we need. I am thinking of buying my own breast pump this time though as I think my sister's will still be in use and I want one for nip stimulation (if I need it) during labour. Thinking I'll get the tommee tippee one as it matches my bottles and has a squashy funnel bit which looks more comfy. Other than that nothing to buy really!

I knew they probably wouldn't do much think i am trying to live in my nice dream world lol. Its difficult sometime what our bodies go through,men dont understand either or help although my OH has started helping me put my socks and shoes on (luckily he has been off work but goes back next week i hope so i think i will struggle on my own unless my 2 half year old could do it for me lol, looks like i'll be in flip flop til the end lol)

Why would you need nip stimulation during labour? is this a stupid question sorry if it is,just never heard it before.

I still have everything as well,sort of finished the nursery but now i have just dumped all baby stuff in there and have no energy to sort it out coz i think i have 12 weeks left and its ages away so why bother.
Does anyone else get a really itchy back? i dont normally get itchy backs but this pregnancy has caused it to be really itchy and i look like a bear trying to itch it on everything lol!

Has heartburn started for anyone? I had it a few months ago on and off but since sunday i have had it everyday and because i dont like milk i have made a banana milkshake to try and get rid lol.
x

Nipple stimulation can be very successful and producing stronger contractions. Last time I laboured 35 hours. I was taken into hospital after 18 I stead if getting my homebirth so I will use nip stim to help me progress more quickly if things look bleak.

I get an it by back but I always do in winter. It's fine if I remember to moisturise it.

I am very lucky as my DH does everything! I am particularly useless when preg but that doesn't change what a total angel he is.

I cried over potatoes last night!!!!

Got home at 8:30pm after a 12 hour shift, had put the stew in the slow cooker in the morning and OH had peeled and halved potatoes ready to be boiled when I got in.

So on they went and when I went to check them (usual knife in and if the potato slips off easily its cooked method!) So I drained them - in comes OH and steals one out of the pan whilst Im getting the butter out and he spits it in the bin saying they are not cooked through - now usually I would have laughed and put them back on the boil - no I just started crying uncontrolably, over bloody potatoes!!! I have truly never been so emotional in my whole life.

xx

Are you after an electric tommee tippee or a manual? I'm just about to sell my brand new electric tommee tippee one (opened to put batteries in to test!), as I got given another one as a present :haha: xx

Just manual I'm afraid! I hardly expressed at all last time and would irrationally feel weird milking into an electric one! :lol:

Just manual I'm afraid! I hardly expressed at all last time and would irrationally feel weird milking into an electric one! :lol:

:haha: I get what you mean! It does seem a bit odd. I just listed mine on Ebay :D hoping that it sells - new babies are so expensive eek!! xx

hey girlies :D how we all doing?

had my 4d scan today, ive never really been fussed by other peoples but my god it was amazing :) so nice to get to see him like that. he had his hands and legs infront of his face the whole time and even walking and jiggling about and star jumping wouldnt make him move :( lol got some cute pictures and a dvd though, and get to go back for a rescan in 2 weeks to try again free :D

had my disciplinary and it got dropped and they through it out :D and i get 34 days holiday to take before mat leave so my last day will be the 28th of february :D which happens to be my birthday on the 28th feb/1st march lol :D so i wont be using any maternity leave till 18th april :D

so excited to meet little one now :) cant wait to leave work either woooooooop

I may use the nip stim as well Peanut,i wasnt as long as you in labour with first but it was long enough. Ive never heard of it before not even from midwives so glad i am on BnB,i have learnt loads even though this is my second.
Another thing i have learnt on here is if you take evening primrose oil it has the same effects as sperm so we dont have to use any energy or put effort into lol unless you want to put effort in,my imagination is good enough for me for now lol

Well i am doing a car boot in the morning so not a late night for me tonight but i bet its the night where i get bad heart burn and keeps me up,hopefully not,I had a clear out and thought i might as well see if i could sell the stuff and save the money and if not i'll give it to charity shop.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"