Team Curvy Bumps - 135 members 35 bfps

Oh no :( can you turn it into make up sex? Or maybe walk down the stairs in something ridiculously sexy to just make him get over what ever it is?

I dunno, he is pretty stubborn and i'm still annoyed. I was just feeling like i'm doing this all on my own cos he is supposed to be quitting smoking and he always seems to say 'after this weekend', 'after my friends stag do' etc etc. I know he has cut down but he just doesn't seem to want to do that extra bit, i've even bought him the quit smoking inhalator thing he said he wanted to use. I just feel like its all on me cos i'm the one trying to track ovulation, i'm the one taking vitamins and i'm the one tracking everything. Thats what our fight was about :( x

Oh bless. I've totally been there. Exactly there. The more we try and force them, the harder they push back.

Does he read books? I used the Allen Carr easy way book and it really worked for me xx

No he doesn't really read unfortunately, I'm lucky he's read the conception section of my pregnacy book.

Thaaaankkssss Jo Bean!!!! Good job with the new thread. Looks like it is moving faster than the old one! Yay for new faces. Welcome, welcome, welcome. And how is everyone doing today?

StefanieC- I feel you pain and your DH's. I quit smoking a couple years ago and is was so, so, so hard. But I tell ya, I wouldn't have done it without my DH pushing me to. The best thing you can do is not take it personally that he hasn't quit yet. Quitting is so, so hard. And VERY scary (even just thinking about right now gives me the chills, and I've already quit)! The first month was the hardesst thing I've ever done in my life. Just remind him occasionally how much you dislike it and how bad it is for him, but try not to fight or be angry. He has to make the decision for himself- people that quit just because someone tells them to are almost 100% going to end up picking it back up again later. Cutting back is often the first step a smoker makes when they want to quit, and it sounds like he's got that part down. That's a BIG step to some smokers. (I know it was for me.) Maaybe take the time out to tell him how proud you are of him for giving up some of his smokes and offer to help him put together a quitting smoking plan. The best advice I could give him is pick a "Quit Day" far enough out in the future (say a month) that it doesn't seem scary yet and then everyday work on the "Quitting Plan". For me that was getting carrots, lolli's, crosswords, new video games, etc- anything that I could occupy myself with when the urge to smoke happened. It's important to be prepared for all environments, too. When he finally does quit, he'll have built up to it. And people who plan it out have a much, much higher chance of staying quit. And when he does quit (because with you there to support him I know he will!) just remind him that when the nic-fit does hit, must cravings only ast 5 minutes and then go away for however long he usually waits between cigs. Occupying those 5 minutes in ANY way that keeps him from smoking is what you have to focus on. Sorry for the hugs paragraph, but I know how hard this struggle can be. You two can do it!!!

UPDATE: CD33 and STILL no positive OPK. Oh mah gawwwwwd I'm gonna lose my mind! Come on second line! You can doooo iiiiitttt!!!!

I wanted to join your little team, but felt a little out my depth as trying to get through soooo many posts was a little overwhelming!

I'm 34 and TTC #1 for 11 years (7 years if take out the 4 year break after separation from my EX)

I'm back TTC with my partner/soul mate of 4 years with renewed optimism :thumbup:

Hope to be able to add a BFP to your list one day!

xx

Welcome aboard Shells xxxxx

Welcome to the official
https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt8295514fltt.gif
thread!
:holly:

Team Curvy Bumps began when a group of ladies met each other on a thread about plus sized women trying to conceive. You can visit that thread :arrow: here
We soon all became firm friends and have been there for eachother in many ways.
Sometimes just having someone to listen to your inner most thoughts and reassure you that you aren't crazy or alone is all you need to get by in this sometimes long but usually painful journey of trying to make that baby.

Don't be intimidated by the fact that some people already know each other here, you are very welcome to come and join our crazy curvy bump team.

If you need support, a shoulder to cry on, or just a sounding board to shout and rant at, that's what we are here for.

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/children-holding-hands-1.jpg

Here you will find a group of wonderful ladies of all different shapes and sizes from all over the world.
They all have one thing in common....

Each of them has a massive
https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/msn-heart-symbol-300x300-1.jpg

Meet the Curvys

Jo_Bean
magic_angel
josephine75
bbbunny
Melly Belly
PandaMao
CdnEquestrian
pinksprinkles
Magan85
:coffee:Mandapanda27:coffee:
dontworry
ghinspire22
:bfp:Sombra :bfp:
MeMeBrown
saffiya
:bfp:PurpleRose25 :bfp:
Bubble89
Hawaiilover
kcsandoval
holdinghope99
ICJames
Maureen1222
LoveBeingMrsF
NewMrs2011
Baby_Dreams
RainAngel
hopobopo
wantabubba
lnb009
Vic20581
DueSeptember
jaymichelle
blueeyedauby
mzportuguese
:bfp:courtneyjsimo :bfp:
guineagirl
Vankiwi
Brittnee
Babyseed08
charanpreet
Sooshiewoosh
ELR
JCh
Jessica28
meggie1015
lynn1216
BBWttc29
readytogo
starshinebby
youngmommie
CutenessANR
CajunCoco
enj
Mel Mel
Miaw
Amadora
Mrslandry
SquigglesHull
maybebaby27
Nysz
piya
littlepeterso
Mazzy17
pretty14u
MrsC_Est1127
felecia
jojo87
BrandyRelax
Squarepants
EmilyDB1993
chelsea52011
YHadam
dbluett
Lawyer chick
hello_kitty
jessandaj
:bfp:horseypants :bfp:
Wilmu89
xxshellsxx
LadyGriz11
StefanieC
Petesgirl20

I've basically been through our old thread and written down every name of everyone that ever posted there. There were a lot of you!!! Now as I did this manually, please forgive me if I missed anyone!
Also, if you wish to be removed, or if I've put something incorrect on the list, let me know too!

If you want to join us, just say so and bam - you're in!

If you want to add the TCB flashing text to your sig just paste the following and remove the ***
[img***]https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt8295514fltt.gif[/img]

:dust:

Yo Jo .... You are amazing, totes loving this new thread and look at our team Woooo even more to catch up on phew !!!!:hugs:

@josephine - thanks hun! I knew we had a load of people but not that many! It's amazing isn't it! And nice to know we are defo not alone!

Sure, I'm 28 DB 33 we've been ttc for 6 months and I'm hoping this is my month because recently I found out I've been miscalculating my O date so for 5 months, I've been missing my surge :blush: but this will be my sixth month and I am determined to get it right!!! We will be using preseed and soft cups including vitamins for myself...also purchased some Internet cheapies today o tests and pg tests so I'm excited, it gonna happen I'm confident that it will!!!

Yay!!!! I have everything crossed for you!!! Do you temp?

Sure, I'm 28 DB 33 we've been ttc for 6 months and I'm hoping this is my month because recently I found out I've been miscalculating my O date so for 5 months, I've been missing my surge :blush: but this will be my sixth month and I am determined to get it right!!! We will be using preseed and soft cups including vitamins for myself...also purchased some Internet cheapies today o tests and pg tests so I'm excited, it gonna happen I'm confident that it will!!!

I've got my FX'd for you hunny! Those opk's should definitely help! :flower:

Thanks for the welcome girls :)

Think OH is going to make me invest in OPK next cycle if we don't catch our 'easter egg' this cycle, Bless him he's worn out ... oops lol

If anyone is good with charting could you take a quick look at mine please and tell me what you think is happening?

xx

Jo-bean I noticed at the end of the old thread that you need to loose weight before you will qualify for IVF I'm not far off the weight you are and I am currently attending slimming world. Some people disagree with attending classes like this andnif you feel the same by all means. However, it is amazing I lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks and that was with having the odd meal out so think what you can do if you are 100% on the plan. I have done WW before and I lost 2 1/2 stone but they changed to the new Pro Points and I just couldn't get into it so I changed to SW and I will never go back it doesn't feel like a diet I am a little piggy and I can eat loads partially cause of boredom but it is just changing what you eat and there is so much more choice. I would maybe consider it. It would help you get to your goal for your treatment. Either way I hope all goes well for you and your OH.
Best Wishes and loads of Baby Dust
xxxxx

Hi Petesgirl20. Welcome to team curvy bumps I have only been on for a couple of weeks and this is my first month trying so in terms of answers to questions prob not muc help there but I'll defo be there to listen and help any way I can. I have my fingers crossed for you. Try DTD every other day then you will defo not miss your O and you will have loads of fun trying :).

Loads of Baby Dust

Bubble89

xxx

Thaaaankkssss Jo Bean!!!! Good job with the new thread. Looks like it is moving faster than the old one! Yay for new faces. Welcome, welcome, welcome. And how is everyone doing today?

StefanieC- I feel you pain and your DH's. I quit smoking a couple years ago and is was so, so, so hard. But I tell ya, I wouldn't have done it without my DH pushing me to. The best thing you can do is not take it personally that he hasn't quit yet. Quitting is so, so hard. And VERY scary (even just thinking about right now gives me the chills, and I've already quit)! The first month was the hardesst thing I've ever done in my life. Just remind him occasionally how much you dislike it and how bad it is for him, but try not to fight or be angry. He has to make the decision for himself- people that quit just because someone tells them to are almost 100% going to end up picking it back up again later. Cutting back is often the first step a smoker makes when they want to quit, and it sounds like he's got that part down. That's a BIG step to some smokers. (I know it was for me.) Maaybe take the time out to tell him how proud you are of him for giving up some of his smokes and offer to help him put together a quitting smoking plan. The best advice I could give him is pick a "Quit Day" far enough out in the future (say a month) that it doesn't seem scary yet and then everyday work on the "Quitting Plan". For me that was getting carrots, lolli's, crosswords, new video games, etc- anything that I could occupy myself with when the urge to smoke happened. It's important to be prepared for all environments, too. When he finally does quit, he'll have built up to it. And people who plan it out have a much, much higher chance of staying quit. And when he does quit (because with you there to support him I know he will!) just remind him that when the nic-fit does hit, must cravings only ast 5 minutes and then go away for however long he usually waits between cigs. Occupying those 5 minutes in ANY way that keeps him from smoking is what you have to focus on. Sorry for the hugs paragraph, but I know how hard this struggle can be. You two can do it!!!

UPDATE: CD33 and STILL no positive OPK. Oh mah gawwwwwd I'm gonna lose my mind! Come on second line! You can doooo iiiiitttt!!!!

Thank you for your help hun, it really is appreciated. I think part of my problem is that he doesn't like to talk about how many cigs he has had in case it makes him want another and while I do understand it, it means that praising him is a bit harder which he now understands so he is going to let me in a bit more so I can understand how well he is doing. I really like the quit plan idea so I think I'll gently suggest it to him. I think this is what I needed, an insight into the other side so to speak as I have never been a smoker so its hard to understand and you have really helped. Thanks so much hun :)

Hi StefanieC i totally agree with Jo-bean and pinksprinkles. Just tell him you know how difficult it is for him that you are proud of what he has done already. Tell him that you will both support each other through it all and then whisk him off and have great make up sex and because you will be nice and relaxed after sorting things out that might help things too :).

Good Luck

xxx

Hey ladies, I joined in a hurry yesterday so I didn't get to give a little background about me so here goes! I'm 27, DH is 23, we started NTNP last April, I came off BC, when he was home on R&R (he's in the Army) and actually TTC in June right after we got married. It's been a long road so far but we wanted to try to conceive without medical help if possible so we did SMEP this month and added softcups and conceive plus to our arsenal. I also temp and use OPKs, the whole shebang! If it doesn't happen this month we're going to ask for a referral to a FS. I love BnB and I'm excited to be a part of this group!!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"