Tell me your favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofboys

Reaction score
You favourite Christmas songs and films. Your favourite foods you associate with Christmas. Your favourite Christmas activities in the build up and the day itself.

I love wrapping, I like after dinner just sitting down while the boys play with a drink and snacks and watching Christmas telly. I love the boys faces Christmas morning and spend weeks and even months imagining them.
My favourite films are Elf, Muppets Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause. Theres so much choice with songs, I love almost all of them!

Fave xmas song: fairy tale of new york
Film: cant just pick one! Elf, polar express and home alone
Food: nut and raisin mix as my nan always had them in bowls at xmas and sugared almonds
I love the excitement of setting the gifts out and rushing downstairs on the morning

Lovely idea for a thread!

Favourite film: Muppet's Christmas Carol - no contest!
Favourite song: Driving Home for Christmas (it's actually not the best Christmas song but we always listen to it on the way to celebrate Christmas with my parents so it feels symbolic of us all getting together)
Favourite moments in the build up: Wrapping presents with a glass of wine under the tree lights. Listening to Carols from Kings on Christmas Eve (Christmas for us officially starts when the little choirboy sings 'Once in Royal David's City). Annual shopping trip just me and my dad to buy gifts for my mum - we've done this since I was tiny. My daughter's face when she first sees the Christmas lights.
Favourite moments on the day: First thing in the morning when everyone comes down in their Christmas PJs and the house smells of coffee and cinnamon. Everyone laughing and hugging when we open gifts. Dressing up in our best clothes and sitting at the decorated table to eat dinner. Mulled wine and a game of trivial pursuit when the little ones are in bed.
Favourite foods: Cheese and crackers on Christmas Eve. My dad's roast potatoes on Christmas day.

I just love every minute of it. I'm sure I'll be adding more favourites now that my daughter is getting old enough to understand.

Ooh, this is making me feel very christmassy!

Favourite films - Muppets Christmas Carol, the Snowman, Father Christmas
Favourite songs - Fairytale of New York, Merry Christmas Everybody
Favourite foods - Christmas breakfast bacon butties, pigs in blankets, the gingerbread mentioned above
Favourite Christmas book - The Night Before Christmas
Favourite activities in run up to Christmas - decorating the tree / house, wrapping presents, visiting the Christmas market in the evening with all the Christmas lights on and having hot dogs and hot chocolate for our tea, family baking session making and decorating gingerbread together, Christmas eve hanging the stockings, leaving out the mince pie, carrot and glass of milk, reading The Night Before Christmas as the bedtime story.
Favourite moments on the day - opening our stockings in our bed, all together (or on the landing, as we did last year - kids were too excited to make it back to bed!), sitting down for dinner together, pulling our crackers, and eating with our silly hats on, snuggling together on the sofa to watch the Snowman together.

Just everything really!

I love pigs in blankets, and honey roasted parsnips. I'm also a sucker for a nice thick gravy lol

I just love everything lol.

Movie- Polar express or Santa Claus the movie

Song - a spaceman came travelling

Food - rum truffles, far too much cheese, Christmas pudding, sausage rolls!! Lol

Moments - wrapping while watching movies with hubby. Tracking Santa on NORAD (i am such a child lol), that moment when everything is setup ready for the morning and you switch out the lights but leave the tree lights on for the morning. Its so peaceful and magical....i usually just take a moment to make a memory. The first moment you wake up and then realise it's Christmas lol. The kids/hubby opening their gifts and giggling when its what they wanted. Christmas Dinner!!!!! Lol

I love pigs in blankets, and honey roasted parsnips. I'm also a sucker for a nice thick gravy lol

Gravy has to be thick else its pointless lol

I also love a good parsnip. :)

My soft spot is stuffing. I normally do 2/3 different kinds lol

Favourite films - The Muppets Christmas Carol, watch it every christmas eve without fail!
Favourite songs - Fairytale of New York, the girls aloud one ( :blush: )
Favourite foods - pigs in blankets, stufing, gravy, mince pies with baileys cream, christmas pudding, savoury snacks like pretzels
Favourite Christmas book - The Night Before Christmas
Favourite activities in run up to Christmas - decorating the house, baking, making home made decorations, going to the christmas market, driving round to see the houses
Favourite moments on the day - waking up and unwrapping stockings in bed, going downstairs with LO to see the presents under the tree, taking our time to unwrap the presents, playing with LO and his new toys, welcoming people to the house, drinking throughout the day (though not this year :haha: ), watching tv in the afternoon and pigging out on rubbish

Nice thread :thumbup:

Fave film - The Holiday
Fave song - Stop The Cavalry & Step Into Christmas
Food - Praline Chocolate Shells (Iv got these every year for aslong as I can remember)
Activity in run up - Wrapping & Xmassy days out with the kids
Activity on the day - watching the kids opening pressies & the evening family gathering at my uncles

Film: elf, home alone, christmas vacation

Song: fairy tale of New York, all I want for Christmas is you
Activities: going to see the lights at the garden centre, meeting Santa, putting the decs up!

Song: Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas
Film: Elf, Fred Claus or Scrooge (the 1950s version with Alastair Sim)
Food: Prawn cocktail. Not essentially Christmassy but I tend to only eat prawns at Christmas and they get me in the spirit!
In the run up: Late Christmas shopping Thursdays with Lucas. Oh it's my favourite! Picking out new decs, walking around with a chai latte/hot apple/hot chocolate and looking at the lights, listening to the bands playing in the high street. Genuinely cannot wait for this!! Ooh, and craft fairs/markets.
On the day: Laying in bed with a knotty tummy, willing Lucas to wake up so the fun can begin :haha:
Last year we got up just after 4am.. :blush:

Favourite song: I wish it could be Christmas everyday

Favourite film: home alone 1&2

Favourite foods: cheese and crackers, nuts, turkey

Favourite activities: panto, lights switch on, Christmas Eve routine, baking cookies, children's faces opening presents

Song: Bing Crosby's White Christmas
Film: It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooge (Alistair Sim), White Christmas
Food: roast parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets, quality street!
Activities: going to the Christmas fair near where my mum lives, I've been going since I was little and now I get to take my son and carry on the tradition, making the Christmas cake - it's stir-up Sunday this weekend, making mince pies and Christmas cookies, going to see the lights switched on in our town, wrapping whilst watching Christmas films, and of course, decorating the tree.

Rhio christmas is the only time its excusable to have a nip of something in your morning coffee or a glass of bucks fizz with breakfast isn't it?!

Films: Another Muppet Christmas Carol family here! And I'm a sucker for Love Actually although OH hates it lol.
Songs: Fairytale of New York, I wish it could be Christmas every day, Christmas Wrapping!
Food... EVERYTHING! haha. My absolute favourite is the mountains of cheese, pate and crackers with port /sherry on Christmas eve. On the lead up I love the selection packs of little crackers/pretzels etc and Christmas tree shaped pretzels especially!
Activities: The Christmas play and carols assembly at the school I used to work at, they always send us an invite and I love it! The carols are supported by a full brass band! Then making gingerbread etc with Micah, mulled wine at the Christmas markets in the dark with the lights twinkling, decorating the tree!!!!

I'm feeling very Christmassy today and this post is making me feel even more excited. Can't wait to get my tree up. DS4 is looking like such a little boy, rather than a baby, wandering around playing with his toys today. I keep wondering what he'll think of the whole Christmas thing this year.

I just watched Jamie's festive feasts..... Bad idea! I'm now christmassy AND hungry lol!! I am trying to get ds2&3 excited but neither if them have a clue lol. Excited for the 30th as that's when festivities commence with a trip to meet Santa's reindeer!! I don't know who us worse.....me, hubby or ds1 lol

Haha my hubby is just as bad as me as well. I've had the christmas movies channel on all day. DS4 hasn't really go a clue either. He stops and watches some of the adverts or dances to some of the songs though so I have hope he'll be Christmas mad too LOL

Songs: Transiberian Ochestra's Christmas music (ALL of it!)

Movies: Elf, Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street

Food: Chocolate, lol. Ham, green bean casserole, stuffing.

Activities: Watching DD dance in the holiday parade, decorating, baking cookies with the girls, gift wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"