Tell me your favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourite film: Miracle on 34th street :)

Favourite moments in the build up: drinking santas whiskey haha! Putting up the decorations.

Favourite moments on the day: Watching the kids open their gifts! It's amazing. Also, other half is like a big kid when it comes to gifts.

Favourite foods: Christmas dinner is always about perfect ! Also the Christmas chocolate and usually Buck's Fizz/whiskey :)

This year the other half is thinking about doing the whole Santa bit! We're also visiting my family for the first time in ages. I can't wait to build more amazing memories. X

Films - Home Alone 1&2, National Lampoons

Food - hot chocs while putting deco's up, buffet either on c'mas day eve or boxing day, cranberry and chestnut stuffing

Activities - walking round shops and markets when its dark and seeing all the lights, have lovely memories of going to choose the tree and coming home and decorating it when we were little - hoping to do that with lo now she's getting older, wrapping lo's pressies, watching c'mas movies.

The big day - lo coming down and opening all her pressies

Favourite christmas song: I really like Merry christmas everyone (it's christmaaaas) by Slade and also really love it's beginning to look alot like christmas

Favourite christmas film: Home alone for the cosy christmassy nights and elf for the comedic value!

Favourite foods: I love mince pies and also turkey at any time reminds me of christmas. Also peanuts because I have them every boxing day but never any other time of the year

Favourite christmas activities: Visiting santa with callum, decorating the house, going to the christmas light switch on. We are going to butlins this year for the weekend before christmas so that should be amazing, hoping to make it an annual thing

On the day itself: Waking up together and opening stockings, seeing Callum's face when he sees Santa has been and he gets excited, listening to christmas music throughout the day, the big christmas dinner and cosying up when Callum is in bed with a christmas film and a glass of wine

Favourite Movie: Elf, Love Actually, Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Home Alone 1, Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart.

Favourite Song: I wish it could be Christmas Everyday, Oh Holy Night by Josh Grobin, Grown Up Christmas List.

Favourite Food: All of it! Just love the turkey, stuffing and the pumpkin pie afterward!!

Moments Leading up to it: Going late night shopping with my MIL, Seeing all the houses with the lights on, doing a shop in the mall closer to Christmas where I can take my time knowing I'm almost finished. Christmas Eve spending it with Colin and watching how excited he gets. Oh and of course decorating the tree.

On Christmas Day: Waking up with Colin and seeing how excited he is that Santa's been especially now he understands it more. Spending time with the In-laws and Christmas Dinner of course!

Fave Christmas song: Oh Holy Night
Film: The Santa Clause
Food: My Mum's goose, absolutely sublime.
Run up activities: Trip to Harrods to give Mr C DD's letter (sadly had to miss out this yr), wrapping and drinking mulled wine at the same time, work lunches (again sadly missing), decorating the house...so many things.
Best Moment on the Day: Watching DD thoroughly enjoy herself.

Favourite Movie: the grinch, home alone, die hard!!

Favourite Song: Mel and Kim: rocking around the Christmas tree

Favourite Food: mince pies, satsumas, stuffing.

Moments Leading up to it: putting decs up, shopping with my mum, seeing Santa, light switch on, putting presents under the tree.

On Christmas Day: fill English breakfast,opening pressies, pub! And dinner of course. Oooh and Christmas TV specials!

I can't wait for my christmas dinner now lol
does anyone else avoid making roasts in december so you look forward to the christmas one even more? I may have to squeeze one more in before the end of november yum yum

I do that lol. Tbh we don't eat many roasts (combo of tiny kitchen and no dining table and 2 out if 3 children not liking them). I usually do one or 2 in October/November to get my eye back in for cooking them and also they're nice for cold days. I'll probably do one more before the big day lol.

We don't have them every week, maybe once a month-ish. We've got a tiny kitchen too, so annoying when you don't have much prep area isn't it?

We don't have them every week, maybe once a month-ish. We've got a tiny kitchen too, so annoying when you don't have much prep area isn't it?

Very. Mine is actually described in the house particulars as a kitchen-ette and that's about right lol. It makes for a bit if fun trying to cook a turkey and all the trimmings in mytiny kitchen aand narrow oven. I'm attempting to use my slow cooker for a few bits this year to try to ease the ovens workload lol.

Thats a good idea. Our kitchen is really narrow and you have to go through it to get from the rest of the house to the bathroom. When I'm pregnant I have to come out of the kitchen for anyone to get through and use the toilet LOL

Favourite film: Elf, the grinch, home alone 1&2

Favourite moments in the build up: decorating, seeing lights being put up around the shops and streets, when the music channels start with christmas songs! Buying everything and preparing for the day

Favourite moments on the day: coming downstairs in pjs and seeing everything! Visiting family and really feeling the spirit.

Favourite foods: Christmas dinner at MILs! Christmas tea buffet, tins of roses and plenty of Tia Maria ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"