Tesco gift card.

Twister

Reaction score
My mum gave me a tesco gift card with £25 on it a couple of weeks ago that she got through some sort of promotion at work or something (sometimes the company gets freebies from other companies). I havn't used it yet but was thinking of just saving it for when we really need to use it, at the moment I'm on smp, can still use my 10% discount for where I work until I hand my notice in once smp has finished and we still live with my parents so we don't have any real need to use it just yet and feel like we'd make better use of it once we've moved out and money gets tighter.

On the back of the card it says the balance won't expire until 5 years from last use, we havn't used it yet but I'm assuming we still have 5 years to use it or there abouts? We will probably use it long before then anyway but I'd hate to use it say a year down the line and for the card to not work because we havn't used it at all. Should I make a small purchase with it just to be sure that the card won't just deactivate itself? Sorry if that sounded really silly, I could just imagine that sort of thing happening to us!

Anyway is this a good idea? I don't want to waste it, £25 is a fairly decent amount of money to spend in a supermarket.

If you're worried about it, I would probably try to buy something tiny on it. It would be a total PITA to find that you couldn't use it after keeping it for a while!

Yeah I would probably buy a chocolate bar or a newpaper, then you know its five years from now as you dont know when the place she got it from purchased it.

Thanks girls, I'll go in and get something small from there then at some point, I have some vouchers for wipes and baby bath stuff from the tesco baby club so I'll use one of them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->