Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

haha TypeA! It's hardly a glamourous process, but you know, we do what we have to do right?!

When I was discussing the possibility of IUI with my doc, we were joking about how they'd have to light some candles for me or something, so that it can at least be a LITTLE romantic. :haha:

:rofl::rofl: So funny!!!!!!

Funny story- I was at the FS yesterday and I was walking down the hall and saw a guy out of the corner of my eye going into ths room and I had never seen. It was one of those situations where I did a double take and then saw the specimen cup in his hands. He couldn't get the door locked so the nurse had to come help him. Poor guy I felt so bad for him. I knew exactly what he was about to do.

:rofl: I cannot stop laughing, poor guy!! How embarassing...at least the cup was still empty and not full.

Broke down yesterday, as it was 1 day before O and I told DH this is the most important day to BD, but all the pressure made him unable to do the deed. I am starting to think IUI may be the only way to go.

It is totally unromantic to plan when we have to BD!

If I hear one more person tell us to "just relax- it will happen"- I will SCREAM! :brat:

Good luck to you all on your IUIs! I'm sure you never thought you would have to go there. What does it all entail (in a nutshell)?? :hugs:

LOL ladies i am cracking up. Thank you for some much needed afternoon laughter.

Big head.. hehehe

Lune I'm so sorry :hugs: but you still have PLENTY of time! Don't give up! :D

I can TOTALLY relate to you. My mother's favorite thing to say (before the m/c) was "If you'd just stop thinking so much about it, it would happen". She would say it CONSTANTLY! It's like OMG, really?! I know how you feel. :hugs: :flower:

Broke down yesterday, as it was 1 day before O and I told DH this is the most important day to BD, but all the pressure made him unable to do the deed. I am starting to think IUI may be the only way to go.

It is totally unromantic to plan when we have to BD!

If I hear one more person tell us to "just relax- it will happen"- I will SCREAM! :brat:

Good luck to you all on your IUIs! I'm sure you never thought you would have to go there. What does it all entail (in a nutshell)?? :hugs:

Sorry your having a tough time Lune. :flower: We all understand. I remember my first month on Femara I was so excited at the chance that it might work...and I kept talking to DH about it and when the time came...he couldn't do it. He felt too pressured. I told him I wasn't mad and that it was OK, but inside I was SO upset and kind of felt mad at him secretly. I vowed that I would just talk to you ladies about it and NOT DH anymore. All it did was stress him out and put pressure on him. The next month I didn't tell him anything about when the right time was....and it just so happened that it worked that month. Keep the faith, I know it is hard.

Hi Ladies :) I'm a tad bit drugged up so I apologize if I don't make sense.. first thank you all again for being so concerned & the prayers :) first thing when I saw dh was told him to log on & update you all lol.
I have a f/u appt on 2/12 . I'm gonna ask if this will throw off my cycle because I am now bleeding :( I just hope it doesn't last to long. Just wanted to say hi & I don't know what I would do without you all. Love you all so much!

Lei-YAY SO HAPPY IT WENT WELL!

grateful- I can't scream it loud enough, EPIDURAL!!!!

Dh did go with me for my iui, it was funny he was right there between my legs and was so into the whole procedure lol

Lune and Hopin- Totally there with you on the frustration of people telling you that we'll eventually get pregnant. My mother tells me every time I mention how things are going that "it'll happen when it does". For those that got pregnancy so much less complicatedly (that's right, I don't know if it's a word but it is now, lol) they don't seem to realize how much more complicated it is for us. Heads up, deep breaths, just think how sweet those little BFPs will be when they get here.

Lei- Glad to hear things went well for you! :)

And yes, the big head idea is great! Definitely had some giggles with that one.

AFM- Went in for baseline U/S today, still have the stupid cyst but luckily it has decreased to half its original size and my RE was ok with that, so yay! Start Femara tonight until Monday, then start, I believe Bravera, injections on Monday. Does that sound right? Pills and injections overlap? Then the 15th I go in for another U/S and bloodwork to see how things are going. Talking to the nurse today, she was asking me if I was comfortable giving myself injections and such and I had to giggle a little. I give injections to animals everyday, and I'm usually on the end showing an owner how to give injections. Guess I'm the animal now, lol, grrr....

In response to the poll: I'm gonna have to go with natural, at least for the first one. I've gotta know what it's like without the pain medications. Yep, I'm a weird one :)

Hope everyone is going all great! Good luck in whatever stage of this lovely adventure you are currently enduring!!

I finally couldn't take it anymore and we figured out a new plan with my sister. She moved the air mattress and all of her stuff in to OH's studio so I could have Draven's room back. Poor OH has to work with all of her junk everywhere, but it doesn't look too bad in there. We gave her a maximum of 2 months to be here and get her stuff together before she's on her own. I think she'll do great and hopefully wont need the full 2 months.
Draven's been doing this weird breathing thing and it FREAKS me out!!! He goes in fits where it sounds like he's gasping for air. I'm going to take a video next time to show you all. I called the doctor almost in tears and she told me as long as he's eating right and his color is normal and there's no fever or anything that he's okay and we'll just wait until his appointment to look in to it further. I'm glad the doctor doesn't seem concerned but it still freaks the living daylights out of me when he does it. He's either sleeping or crying today so I'm hoping he's just having a rough day and that this won't last.

Momof1: :holly: :haha:

Allika: Good luck at your appointment tomorrow I hope they finally give you the green light to start TTC again! Since you were so close last time I think this will finally be the end of it :)

Hopin: I've heard Femara is a better choice for those who miscarry because Clomid can thin your lining, but Femara wont. I think it'd be worth bringing up to your doctor and at least discussing it.

TypeA: Usually when you get IUI they have you stay lying down for 15 minutes afterwards anyway (at least, that's what I've heard from others) so I'm surprised they didn't just have you do it. I'm sure if you asked they wouldn't tell you no! I went with an epidural. I would LOVE to try it natural, but I just don't have the guts! Maayyyybeeee I'll try and see how far I can go with out the epidural next time. We'll see though. I have a few years to consider it. What about you??

Lune: I used to haaaate it when people would tell me that!! And it doesn't end there. Once you are pregnant and people ask you how you're doing it doesn't matter how you answer them, they always respond with "Oh, you just wait! It gets way worse!" They'll continue to say that until you're full term where then it's replaced with questions about where the baby is or how big you are. It's never endinggggggg!!!

Lei: I'm so happy to see your surgery went well! Rest up, doll. We'll be waiting to hear how you're recovering.

To add to the whole "big head" topic, OH's dad failed to tell me (until AFTER I had Draven) that EVERYONE in their family has had to have a c-section. I gave him a big fat "Thaaaanks for the warning..." Maybe if I'd known ahead of time I wouldn't have skipped the "c-section" sections in all my pregnancy books :dohh:

On another little side note... So I finally made my appointment for my wisdom teeth to be taken out but they couldn't get me in until April 3rd. Weeelllllll, the problem is since I lost my job when I got pregnant I also lost my insurance. Luckily the state doesn't let pregnant women go uninsured so I've been on DSHS insurance for my pregnancy. That will run out March 1st though so after realizing that I called back to see if they could get me in this month so I won't have to pay the full price to get these stupid things out. Long story short, if I want to get them out this month I'll have to do it with out getting put to sleep. Juuuust novocaine. I'M TERRIFIED!!! I know I won't feel a thing, but it's the psychological part of it. I'll be fully awake thinking "They're ripping my teeth out" the entire time. Maybe I can get my doctor to prescribe me a few xanax to dope me up a little before hand....

Sorry I just wrote out an entire novel for you all to read lol. It's obviously been a while since I've caught up. I hope everyone is well! <3 <3

Lei We <3 you too!!! So glad you are ok and it meant so much that your DH updated us. Seriously that's awesome and I'm so glad you stuck with us :hugs: it's not the same without you!! Glad your f/u appointment isn't too far away. How are you feeling besides the bleeding? :flower: thinking of you!!!!

anmlz glad to hear that your u/s wasn't too terribly bad! looking forward to see what's to come for you this cycle!

Jenna hehheeehehe. :holly: heheheheehehe I love how you ladies have the same sense of humor I do. It's fantastic.
OMG, the way you describe Draven's breathing makes me sad :( I'm sure he's ok but I can only imagine how scared you were the first time it happened. Do either you or DH have asthma by chance? I hate it that his appointment isn't until the 26th! Sweet little boy. Kiss him from us! ANd send us a new pic! Pretty please :)
I did mention Clomid thinning my lining to my doc, she said it COULD happen but doesn't always :( LOL I think she was getting irritated with me bc I kept mentioning my "BNB ladies" and she's like, really? hehe I think I will ask her about Femara though.
I TOTALLY know what you mean about psyching yourself out at the dentist. It's NOT a fun experience~!!!! :hugs:

Allika GL at your appointment today! Can't wait to hear that your levels are at zero and you're getting back in the game!!!!

Happy Friday to everyone else! We've got about 3" of snow on the ground here!

I have a question...I think I ovulated. The MC happened 01/18 and now 3 weeks later I had a neg OPK Monday and Tuesday this week, positive OPK Wednesday and Thursday and today negative again. Unfortunately my DH was travelling so we were only able to BD yesterday and hopefully today. Ugh fudge why am I not temping?

Do you think I should ask them today when they do the blood test if they can also do some sort of test to see if I ovulated?

I don't think it would hurt anything to have them check, might as well while they're sticking you anyway haha!

:cold::cold:Happy SNOW DAY ladies! :cold::cold:

We got about 7 inches here where I live. Anyone else get any snow besides Hopin? Anyone here live in the northeast?

Lei - So happy you are all done and recovering. :happydance: Thank you so much for having DH update us. That was so sweet.

Allika - Yes I would at least ask - would be great if you already ovulated. Good luck at your appointment today. :flower:

Jenna - Too funny about the big head thing. LOL I kind of wish I HADN'T been warned because I can't stop thinking about it....my mother-in-law once said "Oh Yes, your husband had a HUGE head when he was born and it was so big they had to slice me open more (not c-section) to get him out and I had a ton of stitches!" Ewwwwwwwwwwwww..........thanks Ma. LOL:haha:

Anmlz - Natural hu? Yes you are brave...but I can appreciate that you want to know what it truely feels like. I mean...women didn't used to get epidurals and they made it through (well most anyways). But I still think I will wimp out and want the epidural.

Just got back and the nurse said there is no way I could be ovulating if my HCG isn't 0 yet. I choose not to believe her :) but they didn't test it! I swear I ovulated yesterday I felt little tweaks on my left side not to the amount I had with Femara but I did feel it! We will see if I get my period in 2 weeks....

Just got back and the nurse said there is no way I could be ovulating if my HCG isn't 0 yet. I choose not to believe her :) but they didn't test it! I swear I ovulated yesterday I felt little tweaks on my left side not to the amount I had with Femara but I did feel it! We will see if I get my period in 2 weeks....

Yeah I don't always believe them either....sometimes they just THINK they know. LOL!!! Fx'd! Now you can sit back and relax :coffee:

SO i know this is completely unrelated to TTC but....I just purchased a new kitchen table, chairs and bar stools, and I am SO SO SO excited about it! :D

How awesome! Thats a big purchase I'd be excietd too. It's so fun getting something new for the house.

Next on our list is a washere/dryer and a new couch...I will be so excited too when we can finally get them!

Yay!! Here it is:

https://www.pier1.com/Marchella-Dining-Table-Sage-Brown/2248532,default,pd.html?cgid=dining_room

I know I'm a nerd but I love buying stuff for my house.
We bought a new couch (sectional) last year and I'm in love with it. We are tackling one room at a time. Last year was the living room, this year is the kitchen. We still have to get new counter tops and new flooring in there (it's currently the original hardwood and I think we're going to do tile) but the new table was the first step! :happydance:

it doesn't take much to excite me lol

Yay!! Here it is:

https://www.pier1.com/Marchella-Dining-Table-Sage-Brown/2248532,default,pd.html?cgid=dining_room

I know I'm a nerd but I love buying stuff for my house.
We bought a new couch (sectional) last year and I'm in love with it. We are tackling one room at a time. Last year was the living room, this year is the kitchen. We still have to get new counter tops and new flooring in there (it's currently the original hardwood and I think we're going to do tile) but the new table was the first step! :happydance:

it doesn't take much to excite me lol

LOVE IT!!!!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back