Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I also read that.. When I got pregant with DD my bmi was 20 ... now Its right at 25 & it says that anything above that could affect fertility. I wonder how much of that is true because I know several people pregnant right now who aer about 5'3 & weight well over 160.

That's what I mean....there are so many women that are slightly overweight that have no difficulty getting pregnant so I dont see where this would be the main factor. It sure can never hurt to drop some extra pounds but my question it will it really help?

I am trying to lose a little weight now that I am waiting for my period to start but I dont think it would really change much when it comes to my irregular cycles.

My BMI is at 28, so not that great but also nowhere near as bad as plenty of women that had no issue getting pregnant.

Hi ladies! Just came across this thread and I was wondering if I could join? I kind of feel like I'm getting looked over at the other threads since I'm a long time stalker newbie poster...
I'm currently starting round 3 of meds including inj. so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, did anyone else have to go in for a borderline u/s while AF was visiting? I'm super nervous and slightly embarrassed about it... Any reassurance would be great :)

Welcome, Dear!!!! I always go in for my borderline u/s while I have my period. Its a little weird but they have to do it to make sure you have no cyst or sth and in the case of femara and some other meds are for sure not pregnant! Nothing to worry about!!!!!

I also read that.. When I got pregant with DD my bmi was 20 ... now Its right at 25 & it says that anything above that could affect fertility. I wonder how much of that is true because I know several people pregnant right now who aer about 5'3 & weight well over 160.

That's what I mean....there are so many women that are slightly overweight that have no difficulty getting pregnant so I dont see where this would be the main factor. It sure can never hurt to drop some extra pounds but my question it will it really help?

I am trying to lose a little weight now that I am waiting for my period to start but I dont think it would really change much when it comes to my irregular cycles.

My BMI is at 28, so not that great but also nowhere near as bad as plenty of women that had no issue getting pregnant.

Im going to have to ask about that this summer if I still havent gotten pregnant. I have 2 cousins who are over 200 & about 5'5 & they both got pregnant just recently.

I have been running just to get back into shape but now I am really curious about it.

also on the same note....ask Dr. Google about Fertility and Inositol!

Welcome anmlz I'm sorry you were being overlooked before!! We are a family and you are welcome to join us :hugs: :flower:
Give me details of the date(s) you have what going on so I can add you to our front page and so we can all keep up with you :)

Allika I've always known that weight can be a factor in infertility (or at least i've heard that) but that's about all I've ever really known... wish I could help more!!

TypeA Yay for your IUI on Friday!!! Fantastic! So when will you be testing?

Hi ladies! Just came across this thread and I was wondering if I could join? I kind of feel like I'm getting looked over at the other threads since I'm a long time stalker newbie poster...
I'm currently starting round 3 of meds including inj. so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, did anyone else have to go in for a borderline u/s while AF was visiting? I'm super nervous and slightly embarrassed about it... Any reassurance would be great :)

Welcome anmlz86! This is a GREAT group of ladies!

I have had to have an u/s while on my period before...I was also embarassed, but they do it ALL the time so its no big deal to them. Nothing to worry about. :flower:

Anmlz- welcome! You will love it here! I am finished with my second round of injections (the first caused me to inject myself for 25 days) so ask away if you have questions. I always get a baseline while on AF. My last period was soooo heavy and I was a little grossed out at the baseline but dr didn't flinch.

Lei- please let me know what you find on the google!

Allika- my BMI is higher than yours (even though the nurse thought i was 40 pounds lighter than i am when she weighed me) and the FS did say if I could decrease my BMI by 2 points it would help but she never mentioned it again. About a year ago I asked the OB about it and he said the weight was fine. Soooo I think it may help with fertility but I'm not sure how much. I was a rail in college and still never had regular periods so I'm thinking that's just life for me...I will always be irregular. I am also starting to lose weight but saw where sometimes too much activity can hurt fertility. Can't win!! :). After the IUI and 2ww, assuming it doesn't work- I'm going to start running. But for now I'm going to start walking. These injections make me so hungry. Then when I'm off of them and in my 2WW I'm not hungry really at all. Ugh.

Hopin- 19th will be my beta. So I won't even get a full 2 weeks!!

My trigger shot this time is novarel...different from my last one which was ovidrel. Not sure why the change?!? Ohh well!

By the way...I know we Sometimes talk about the cost of the fertility meds and procedures so I thought I would let you know what I recently found out. One vial of my follistim with 600ius (I take 125iu a night) is $1000. At least that's what they bill my insurance. My trigger is less than that.

Printing money...these people are printing money!!

Anmlz- also I realized tat you posted in another thread about freedom fertility pharmacy. I responded but wanted to add that they charge a lower co pay than at other speciality pharmacys. I'm not sure if you have insurance that covers everything, but I wanted to throw that tidbit out there just in case

Lei- praying for you tonight and tomorrow!!! Your surgery will go fine. Please let us know you are ok at some point tomorrow. If you update on fb first I'll report here to everyone else, but if not I'll wait for your update here!! Thinking of you!

Hello ladies! I clearly need to come on here everyday I miss so much lol xoxoxoxox to you all.

Hopin- I'm so sorry for your poor lil DS :hugs:

Lei- :boobs: HORRAY YOUR BACK TO STAY, my day just turned GREAT :boobs:

typea- Things are looking great for you this month, more follies than last month and if my memory serves me correctly your estrodial numbers are higher! WOO HOO gl at your IUI Friday! What did they say about your yeast infection? does that effect anything with ttc? Did they do anything for you? I get them so easily so I'm very curious if it effects anything that you know of?

and.......... about suppository's......
I asked my FS about them during my iui because I have heard so many people talking about them on here. He said that they are a great option but expensive. He said that anyone that does an ivf automatically gets prescribe to them because they help and when people spend that kind of money they want everything they can to make it happen. He said that I don't have a progesterone deficiency but if I would like to take them it would only help me so he said if I could afford it DO IT! Needless to say I started inserting the "lil buggas" up my "hoo haa" :haha: this morning. Not the most pleasant thing, but I'm willing to try anything that will help at this point even if it's a little extra $. Anyways I hope that answered your questions and on a side note I'm now in the TWW woo hoo!

Lei- I'll be checking on you tomorrow sweetie! GL at your surgery, everything will go great and your going to feel so much better after. BIG :hugs: coming your way doll face.

I test on the 18th and we have 2 testers on the 19th OOOOOO LAAA LAAA, those 2 days will be fun!!!! fxed fxed fxed :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Wow, the week of the 18th is a busy one for us! 3 Testers and Grateful has an appointment too! Less than 2 weeks away woot woot!

I updated the front page so that everything is in date order, and I'm going to try to keep it up that way it's easier to see what's going on when. I can't wait until I have a date for something, like testing! OR ANYTHING at this point!!! <3

haha momof1 it looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time! I'm really looking forward to that week. Should be a good one, would be AWESOME to have 3 :bfp: in just 2 days!!!!!! :happydance:

Thanks for the update, i think I'm going to do the progesterone, can't really hurt anything!!

Haha! Momof1 I love the description of the vag supps. I hate to say this but you will get use to it eventually. Hard to think you would get use to something like that, but you do. I ended up doing them anywhere and everywhere!

Ohh momof1- forgot to answer your question about my lovely yeast infection. Well I was concerned it would hurt this whole process and pretty convinced I had ruined this cycle all together and the dr said it didn't hurt anything. You can take diflucan even if your pregnant. So I quickly got my prescription filled and popped that thing in my mouth. I am now much better. This was the worst one I have ever had.

I've been lurking girls sorry I've been so quiet lately! Things are getting so chaotic. I thought having my sister stay with us would help but its actually made things more crazy. Still happy to have her here though. I hooked her up with a job so she's at her first day of work right now :) As much as I love having her here I can't wait for her to get out so I can have Draven's nursery back :( I really miss sitting in the rocking chair with him.

I hate to just post and run again, but I'll try and catch up more later. Dravens sleep schedule has been so backwards! Wide awake at night and dead asleep in the day so I'm trying to keep him awake today (not easy at all) I miss you girls! I'll be back soon I promise!! <3 <3 <3

Thank you everyone for such an awesome welcome, I really appreciate all the warmth :) Especially all the reassurances about my baseline U/S tomorrow, hopefully AF will slow down a little lol.
Type A- What injections did your doc put you on? I have yet to be told anything other than to start my Femara on CD3. And yes, I did ask about Freedom Fertility in a couple other threads and thank you, thank you, thank you for answering me! For meds I have a tiered payment system with my insurance, but any way I can cut costs would be great :) I never know how much my meds will be until my home pharmacy calls me to tell me my script is ready. I think I'm going to call my RE tomorrow after my U/S and ask if they can send my injection prescriptions there.

Hopin-Thank you so much! I can't wait to actually be able to talk to and discuss this cycle with everyone! At this point all I have is this is CD1, baseline U/S tomorrow. Then I start Femara on Friday. My RE tends to keep me in the dark until the last minute, which totally drives me nuts since I'm a OCD planner. But as soon as I have dates and such I'll definitely let y'all know :)

Again thank you so much for welcoming me! I hope this is everyone's lucky cycle :)

Anmlz sounds great, keep us posted when you hear from your RE! I added you to our front page so welcome to the family <3

Lei thinking of you this morning hun!!! I'm sure you're going to be out of it, but if you end up getting time to post, please let us know how you're doing as soon as possible! <3 :hugs:

Allika don't you have another apointment today to check your levels?? FX'd you're at zero!!!!

Jenna I'm sure it is crazy at your house with another person there!! I'm also certain I'd miss rocking my sweet baby too if I were you. How long is she staying with you? That's great she already has a job!!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->