Tests are progressing insanely fast

Girl, your tests look amazing! I didn't get a dye stealer even on a FRER (or walgreens version) until like 17 DPO. I never did get one on the cheapie strip tests. The darkest they would get was as dark as the control line and that's it. I do vote get a FRER though lol!

Reactions: NDH
Yes. Hcg doubles every day it happens very rapidly after conception. So it’s easy to see the difference of tests in the same day or day to day. So after 12dpo, I like them up so I’m only looking at the progression of every other day. I also had hook effect early 5w.

Ahh I see. But what does "I like them up"after 12dpo mean though???

Last edited:
@cheerios I think she meant 'line them up'. How are you? Not seen you around on the testing threads for a while x
@NDH i don't think they look lighter at all lol they are stupidly dark for 15 dpo haha x
But just for us, go get the frer :haha:

I'm not panicking yet but I'm close. Today's test was *considerably* lighter. But my sample was also almost totally clear as I'd just drank tea and my bladder was bursting even though it had been an hour and a half since I peed. Tea always does that to me and I should have known not to dip that one.
Once I added it to the rest it doesn't look *that* much lighter, but on its own it's so much lighter than the control line that it's very distinctly lighter. I should have stopped testing. I always do this to myself.

I was going to buy a frer while I was out today, but now I don't know if I want to waste one in case my HCG *is* dropping. I'm going for my second HCG draw as soon as dh gets home and I really should just stop testing until my results come in on Monday. If my HCG *is* dropping, would it be better to already be prepared from lightening tests or hearing it over the phone from my Dr though?

I only have three premom tests strips left so I'll wait until tomorrow to test again

IMG_20230420_103821103~2.jpg

I'm not panicking yet but I'm close. Today's test was *considerably* lighter. But my sample was also almost totally clear as I'd just drank tea and my bladder was bursting even though it had been an hour and a half since I peed. Tea always does that to me and I should have known not to dip that one.
Once I added it to the rest it doesn't look *that* much lighter, but on its own it's so much lighter than the control line that it's very distinctly lighter. I should have stopped testing. I always do this to myself.

I was going to buy a frer while I was out today, but now I don't know if I want to waste one in case my HCG *is* dropping. I'm going for my second HCG draw as soon as dh gets home and I really should just stop testing until my results come in on Monday. If my HCG *is* dropping, would it be better to already be prepared from lightening tests or hearing it over the phone from my Dr though?

I only have three premom tests strips left so I'll wait until tomorrow to test again

View attachment 1115118

I see what you mean hon. But the control line on that test looks darker than the others and pluss your pee being very dilute will definitely effect the concentration.
With my son and the miscarriage last june i absolutely freaked out at 12 dpo when my tests were fainter but it was down to crappy fmu. I tested later abd got darker lines again.

Its so hard not to worry when youve had repeated losses.
I really hope all will be ok hon.

With my miscarriage last year mine went from being blazing to suddenly loads loads fainter at 18dpo.
I really just think yours is down to diluted urine. Maybe try having a good hold and testing with darker pee hon.

The control line on that test is insanely dark. The test looks perfect against the rest of your tests.

Lol line them up sorry typo was in a rush

Would your ob be willing to do a serial beta? It helps my nerves

2000A238-A6C8-4ADE-9278-E79A270BE1FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had my second beta today but I don't get results for either until Monday. Too long of a wait that it's almost worse for my anxiety that I had them done! I wish our Drs office still used a patient portal to access our results online.

I've twisted my ankle heading to the lab to get my blood drawn, so my plan to grab an frer on the way home had to be axed.

Thank you. Exactly what I keep reminding myself. It's so hard to believe it when you've had so many losses, but I'm trying.

It really is. Its just so so hard to not be anxius and worried about lines when youve had recurring losses.
Its incredibly hard.
I totally understand that.
If I do get my BFP I know im going to be a ball of nerves.
Do you want me to post pics of how drastically mine changed?
I had matching lines on frer and praticlal matching on easy@home strips and all the other ics i used were supper dark from 13 dpo. Then they stalled for a few days and then got darker again at 16 and 17dpo then 18dpo so sooo much fainter. I did know at 16dpo i was going to end up losing because the digital should of been 2-3 and was still only a 1-2.
I just new it.
Happily send any pics hon, anything that can help you feel better.

Oh no! Sorry about the ankle and having to wait until Monday. Hopefully the frer can give you some peace

I am so relieved! This mornings test was definitely just the diluted urine. I'm going to throw it away so I don't have to see it.
I didn't get to the store today, and I've sprained my ankle (so relieved it isn't broken) so I doubt I'll get out tomorrow either and I won't be asking dh to buy me a frer so I guess that won't be happening now. But I am feeling very reassured by my latest test.

IMG_20230420_205647126~2.jpg

Oohh sorry to hear about the scare. Such a huge relief to see your latest test. You have officially equalised the test and control lines. I would *totally* relax now. The early days are terrible. And when we've gone through so many losses, the anxiety just gets worse. I really hope your HCG draws are going to calm you and perhaps even give you an idea of how many babies are growing inside you.

@cheerios I think she meant 'line them up'. How are you? Not seen you around on the testing threads for a while x

Hi! I've been a silent stalker on the testing thread. Haven't been able to TTC cos I've got an overactive thyroid and am currently on medication. It's been such a bummer cos it's been 4 months of not having a chance to TTC until my thyroid hormones regulate and fall under normal range. I'm considering going for a thyroidectomy but it's a huge decision and I don't know if I want to do just to get pregnant. It's possible to get pregnant on anti-thyroid medication but you need regular blood draws and I don't know if I want to subject myself to additional stress.

I am so relieved! This mornings test was definitely just the diluted urine. I'm going to throw it away so I don't have to see it.
I didn't get to the store today, and I've sprained my ankle (so relieved it isn't broken) so I doubt I'll get out tomorrow either and I won't be asking dh to buy me a frer so I guess that won't be happening now. But I am feeling very reassured by my latest test.

View attachment 1115125
What a beautiful test!!! I hate when test variability makes us panic early on. I dealt with the same with all of my babies. I threw away the lighter tests as well lol!

So glad your foot isn't broken. Take it easy and get better soon! Hugs! <3

Feeling *hugely* better about my tests after seeing this comparison photo from my due date group. I haven't seen any other progress pics with this exact brand of tests before.

*Not my picture*

Screenshot_20230421-094242.png

Your latest test is Beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear your results!

Here's my own updated progress pic with yesterday's nice dark test, and then the comparison of yesterday's diluted test with my evening one. I've discarded the faint one.

I'm going to stop testing now and save my last two tests for a few days

IMG_20230421_102230861~2.jpg IMG_20230421_102210244~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->