Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Thanks wookie that really gives me hope! I've calculated all my dates and the ultrasound would have been right at 5 weeks so I'm hoping this is just a random bleed!!🙏🏼🙏🏼

All I saw on the scan was a sac. But I was told it looked healthy.

Ricschick - I went back through my notes with DS and I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and all that we saw was a gestational sack! I have everything crossed for you. Are you still bleeding?

Thank you mom15!! Yeah still bleeding a bit lightly now tho. Roll on the 18th April. X

Measuring right on track! 6weeks today, hr of 109!! So happy!

Yay!! Got 12 week scan date through today - 26th April at 10.50am :) will be 12 weeks exactly by midwives dates, but I think I will actually be 10-10.5 ish weeks xx have my private scan on Sunday :) xxx

OMG phew, i got to see our little bean today measuring 7 weeks and 1 day with a heart rate of 140bpm. I'm so thrilled and relieved. Not out of the woods yet but it's a good result. :happydance:

So much great news all around!! Congrats ladies!!

Excited for all the scans coming up!!

I don't know what to think, so I'll ask you guys.

I'm 7+5 today. Last night at 7.30 I had the tiniest amount of pink spotting on a liner (for the progesterone) and when I wiped. This happened a couple more times and then stopped. This morning there was a bit of brown.
I went to bed early to rest, but woke at 11.45 feeling nauseous and was finally very sick at about 12.30... then again at 1.30... then again at 3am. I got an hour or so's sleep, then was sick again at 6.15 and have just been sick again.
The thing is, I've not had any pregnancy sickness in any of my pregnancies (successful or otherwise) so I don't really know what it's like - I mean, is it different to when you're ill and you're sick? Googling (in the middle of the night!) showed that some women have their sickness at night (great!), so it could be that. I can't think that it's anything I've eaten. I guess it could be a bug, but it seems a coincidence with the spotting at the same time. I feel better once I'm sick - just a bit shaky and really struggling with the stomach acid in my throat.

I did call the midwife a while ago. She was quite reassuring, and said the spotting could be implantation and the sickness could be pregnancy sickness or it could be a bug and to stay hydrated (but it just comes back up again!). I can self refer to the EPU on Monday morning for a scan.

So does anyone have experience of sickness with spotting? Nighttime pregnancy sickness? Stomach bugs when pregnant?

I'm so terrified of losing this baby, but the sickness did at least distract me from the spotting! :wacko:

I think the sickness sounds more like a bug to me! See how you go today and just sip water and take it easy. And just keep an eye on the spotting I'm sure that's fine. Xx

What do you think these are from this week starting Monday? Digital is from today and I took on on Wednesday which showed 2-3 am I safe to be hopeful? IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

Sizzles, it sounds more like a virus or bug to me! And the spotting can be from straining as well especially since you are on progesterone, it will make your cervix very sensitive and extra blood filled. So any bit of straining can do it. Plus I think you had a scan recently? If it was vaginally that definitely could irritate, I had pink discharge for a day and a half after my tv ultrasound and pap!

Ricschick- Your tests look great, and it's definitely encouraging. :) I'm praying that all is well, that that your dates were just that off. The bleeding and spotting can happen, and for no identifiable reason...I hope your scan on the 18th yields positive results. The waiting game can be agonizing.

Calcifer- Yay!!! :happydance: That's awesome!

Sizzles- Well...it's hard to say. The progesterone can irritate your cervix, and can cause a bit of pink spotting now and again. Anything brown indicates oxidized old blood, not fresh, is usually isn't terribly concerning. The overnight sickness COULD be a stomach bug...how are you feeling now that it's daytime? I've had actual ms during the night...I usually don't full-on puke, though. I just get really severe nausea that doesn't seem to go to the next level. One thing they don't tell you, is that for many women, ms is actually more like "all day sickness" and sometimes throughout the night, too. I'd say if you're feeling better today, and don't have any more nausea or puking, that perhaps it was just a bug or a little virus. Either way, go get that scan on Monday. It will be well worth it just to know how things are looking in there. :)

AFM- Fatigue, fatigue, and more fatigue. I had a bit more light brown spotting on Thursday, but nothing since. I'm still pretty nauseous a great deal of the time, and often in the middle of the night. I'm perpetually starving, also, and unfortunately, I'm craving nothing healthy whatsoever. This is pretty consistent with my other pregnancies, however...I just wanted to eat crap, and veggies sounded AWFUL.

I have no idea why, but I'm strongly sensing that this one is another boy. I know it's early, and we're going to stay on team green, but I just have a feeling this one is a blue bump.

Thank you for your kind and reassuring replies. Fingers crossed the bug disappears (and doesn't reappear tonight!) and the spotting does too and is no cause for concern. I haven't been sick since 9.15am. My poor toddler is having to cope with a useless mummy today though! I had a little bath to freshen up and I've been laying in bed for 2 HOURS, whilst my little boy has been playing around me or within earshot. (My husband works Saturdays, so I'm alone with him). I've managed to dress him and get him meals, but that's about it.
I still feel a bit 'dodgy' and my tummy feels all knotted - crampy like gastro-intestinal cramps rather than uterine; I guess maybe from all the throwing up.
I haven't had a scan already, but will aim to have one on Monday.

Sorry for not responding to other people's posts; I'm feeling delicate and selfish, but will read again when I feel up to it.

Yeah definitely sounds like a bug!! Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"