Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Aww sizzles fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow! Reallllly hoping that everything is fine.

I have my scan in the morning, I actually super hate scans. I find them nerve wracking and uncomfortable... But I am eager to see how little smoosh is doing in there.

I feel your pain sizzles I really do I'm just hoping and praying I've not lost this baby as I've been bleeding all week. The only positive thing for me is that my tests have gotten darker. I have to wait til next Tuesday before I can have a scan. Good luck for tomorrow xx

I've had my first scan, today, finally!

10 weeks, 2 days and baby was measured twice, once at 10 + 2 and once at 10 + 3!

Heart rate was also measured twice at 175, then 185.

Baby was very active. So lovely. I think I'm in shock that there's really a baby in there!

Attachments

• 20170410_110915.jpg
    20170410_110915.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
I had my scan today too :)
Everything went well, it was nice to see a little heartbeat (170). So exciting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 15
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums from about 3 weeks ago when I had my first positive pregnancy test. If all goes well my due date would be Nov 25th, so here I am!

I'm almost 35 and already have a baby daughter who is almost 3, I am now pregnant with #2. Before having my daughter I had one chemical pregnancy, which really messed me up - still not sure why - so much so that it took me a year before I got pregnant again. This time around, I am surprised, it happened on our third try. I am terrified of miscarriage, although so far there is no cause for concern.

I had a 5w+1d scan, saw yolk sac, and another scan today at 7w+1d. There is an embryo, measuring right on target and I could see a heartbeat. My dr. didn't measure BPM (why?), though she said everything was looking fine. She put me on prenatal vitamins and a progesterone treatment "just in case" (because of the chemical pregnancy and some bleeding while pregnant with my daughter). She also told me to "take it easy", although I am not sure how I can do that with a toddler in tow.

I worry a lot, so that's why I am a bit cautious and scared of miscarriage. I seem to be even more worried than the first time around, although my husband tells me I just forgot how panicked I was. My main symptoms are constipation, mild cramping from time to time, lower back pain and some sickness. The sickness started earlier than with #1, and I don't remember lower back pain until the 3rd trimester, but I hear it's normal. The constipation I have no idea what to do about, it's really driving me nuts...

Anyway, that's me! Sorry for the long intro, send some non-worrying vibes my way if you've got spares!

Welcome and congrats lucyinthe!! It sounds like everything is right on track for you. Here's hoping for smooth sailing as you continue in your pregnancy.

Sizzles and Ricschick I have my fingers crossed for both of you.

EBAUERHAUS and LittleLala congrats on the great scans!

Welcome lucyinthe! I'm due on November 23. I'm not much use to you as I'm a ball of nerves. I am also 35, had no issues with my first daughter then developed an auto immune condition and had a miscarriage and a chemical... so this is our third try for a sibling. Had a scan last Friday that showed a heartbeat at 7+1. But now i'm weaning off steroids so i'm a nervous wreck...

I honestly don't think it gets easier for people who have suffered losses. You just learn to get through each day and hope you're still pregnant by the end of it... :shrug:

Lots of lovely scans today! Including mine! Had my scan this morning and measuring just right for dates: 8+1. Saw a heartbeat too, but didn't get told bpm and forgot to ask as I was just so thrilled to see my baby alive and... well maybe not 'kicking' yet, but you know what I mean! Also, don't get given scan pics at EPU. But any way, phew! I was relieved for quite a while - and still am - but then the doubt creeps back in that it's only ever ok at the time you're being scanned. Someone tell me to shut up! The risk has now greatly reduced, so here's hoping to posing my new baby in adorable Christmas outfits with his or her big brother! (I'm thinking another boy as I really don't fancy sweet stuff at all and quite crave salty and was the same with my son.)

Lucyinthe - welcome! My son will be 3 in June, so I guess we're at a similar stage with pregnancy, new babies and toddlers. It's terrifying going through this after loss.

Hi all
Just popping in to say hi as can't use phone atm cos it makes me all sick and shaky.

Sizzles, I'm so happy baby is doing well!
I understand what you mean about how worrisome this is when you've just gone through a loss - but somehow, now that I've had my scan, I feel like it's going to be okay. Thank God for this peace, because I was basically just zoned out and accepting what may or may not happen up until my scan yesterday.
It's so lovely to know the little ones are growing despite our worries.

Sizzles and Ebauerhaus, I'm the same way! I have a scan Thursday and I'll be 10+2 so I'm hoping if all is still well I can relax a bit ❤ But every scan I'm like "what if something happened right after?????

Sizzles and Ebauerhaus, I'm the same way! I have a scan Thursday and I'll be 10+2 so I'm hoping if all is still well I can relax a bit ❤ But every scan I'm like "what if something happened right after?????

I was 10 + 2 at my scan, too. :)
I hope that once you're scan is here, you'll be able to have a little bit of relaxing and things will go smoothly for you!

Welcome lucyinthe, we have the same due date!!

Speaking of which, it would be great to have due dates added to the front page...Is the op still active in this thread? :)

So many great scans lately, such wonderful news.

I feel like I'm the only one here who hasn't had a scan yet, is anyone else still waiting?? Mine is on Thursday.

Hi ladies! I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I have to go back a few pages to catch up, I've been mia celebrating my daughter's first birthday and still being extremely sick. I'm hoping it's only another week or two of this for me because it is absolutely brutal.

In other exciting news, I go for my second doctor appt tomorrow and since I'm 10 weeks I'll also be able to take the blood test for gender. I'm so excited!!

You're not alone Fit_Mama my first scan isn't until next Thursday and if I calculated my dates right I'm ahead of you. Good luck with the scan this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->