Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

I've had my consultant appointment come through for a week on Wednesday. I'll be 11+2 then and I really don't understand why they don't wait until the 12 week scan is done; seems a potential waste of resources if (and I sincerely hope this doesn't happen) we have an unsuccessful scan. Surely it makes more sense to do it straight after or within a few days of the scan. Also, when I had my son, (I've looked back at the notes I made through the pregnancy) I had my consultant appointment at 12+1 and the scan at 13+2, but at the first appointment, the midwife did listen in to the baby's heartbeat. I'm a bit concerned that they either won't bother as it will be too early, or they won't be able to find it, for the same reason, causing possibly undue anxiety. Eagerly awaiting my scan appointment now...

Regarding names, I personally see no point in even discussing them at this stage. With my son, my husband (probably rightly) wouldn't contemplate a discussion until the 20 week scan revealed the gender. He said there was no point in discussing names that definitely wouldn't be used - in our case, girls names. We'll probably be the same again this time, but I just think it's way too early and I'm being cautious.

We'll discuss names after we find out gender too - though I doubt anything will be set in stone for a while as DD was 3 weeks old before she had a name 😅

We've had tons of time to plan names for this baby since we tried and lost so many babies trying to have a third. So I have a boy and girl name ready. It's super early I know but I deserve to be excited after the literal HELL of last year. ❤

Oh, Karoolia and Fit Mama, I am so very sorry for both of your losses. I've been there, as my first pregnancy resulted in a MMC, and I also needed a D&C. Take care, and we hope to see you back on the first tri boards soon. <3

Ricschick- I'm sorry to hear of your grandfather's health...I pray you're able to give him good news about a baby. :)

Well, time is marching on for all of us, isn't it? I get scanned a week from Wednesday, so, in about a week and a half, and I also get the MaterniT21 testing done. In the meantime, I am going to have to start maternity clothes shopping for the spring/summer, as I'm definitely expanding already. My current struggle is pooping...it's not happening. I wasn't constipated during my other pregnancies, so this is definitely a new deal for me.

Although we're remaining on team green, we have a girl name picked out...Margaret Ann. We have been hemming and hawing over the boy names...and we've yet to find anything we like. I do feel that this LO is another boy. There are a lot of similarities between this pregnancy and my last baby, which was my son, and I just have a weird sense about it for some reason. So far, we like Thomas, William, I LOVE the name Mack (but my DH doesn't), and Henry. Henry, Mack, and Thomas are sort of topping the name thing for me thus far for boys. Cecil James is another option (my grandfather was Cecil), and we could call him CJ. Hmmmm....

Love all those names wookie!!!

I can't believe I'm 12 weeks now!!! It just seems so surreal . ... I have an appointment Monday and Tuesday and then my nuchal scan next Tuesday!! I'm kind of hoping I get a scan tomorrow at my new Ob..

As for names we are team yellow so we have a list of girl and boy names that we love, but we've probably settled on Benjamin Parks (Parks is a family middle name in dh family) for a boys name and Allyssa or Madison for a girls name. But not 100% sure!

Hi ladies mind if I join? I'm due 13th November because I'm expecting twins. I've just calculated this using dating apps though. With a singleton would have been 4th December. Hope I've worked it out right. A bit cautious right now because of some bad health on my half and also some severe cramps today and ALL day. Anyone have this? I'm 8 weeks now.

Congrats to everyone due in November and would be lovely to hear of everyone's journeys and how they're feeling.

Welcome Lana! Why is your due date different with twins? I'm just curious because I've had two friends give birth to twins in the past couple of months and they just kept their original due dates. One delivered at nearly 39 weeks and one at nearly 38. These days it seems they like you to go as long as possible! I understand expecting an earlier delivery though. I'm high risk for various reasons and will most likely not go past 37 weeks but I still like having my Nov due date and you never know how things will go &#10084;
Either way, welcome and congrats! There's another lovely lady due with twins here too!

Hi ttc126:) thank you. Tbh I'm knew to all this twin stuff and still learning. I've read full term with twins is 37 weeks, and whilst trying to figure out due dates on the net it keeps giving me a 3 weeks earlier due date. I'll hopefully understand a lot more after my booking in appointment but that's not till May 5th. I've got a lot of health issues going on now too :-( praying none will have an affect on the babies. Had my son planned c-section at 38 and 4 days because of my spinal issues and arthritis.
Can I ask why you are at high risk? So would 37 weeks take you to October? Wishing you all the best!

I do bet you'll have an early babe! So exciting to have two! I see you've really been through a lot from your siggy &#10084;
I'm high risk because I have a blood disorder that complicates pregnancy and a blood antibody. I had my first at 36 weeks and my second at 37 as a planned section. I hope and pray everything goes smoothly for us both with our issues!

Welcome and congrats Lana!! Twins how exciting!! Did you have an early scan? X

Oh my ttc126, that's scary I really hope you have a healthy baby and no issues along the way with your disorder. Thanks too. With me I have new issues that haven't been diagnosed and I'm a bit angry that they're flaring up during pregnancy because normally things like this will calm down during pregnancy. Getting 3 hours sleep a night now for 3 weeks it's very difficult.

Hi ricschick how are you? I am super excited I must say and yes had 3 early scans because of ectopic risk as had a severe lower right pain and pain in shoulder and free fluid which all turned out to be ohss (a complication of IVF) I was originally told at 5 weeks there was only 1 baby in there (I had two embryo transfer) so we were worried where the ther might be! 10 days later saw both and had a heart attack lol

Oh my ttc126, that's scary I really hope you have a healthy baby and no issues along the way with your disorder. Thanks too. With me I have new issues that haven't been diagnosed and I'm a bit angry that they're flaring up during pregnancy because normally things like this will calm down during pregnancy. Getting 3 hours sleep a night now for 3 weeks it's very difficult.

Hi ricschick how are you? I am super excited I must say and yes had 3 early scans because of ectopic risk as had a severe lower right pain and pain in shoulder and free fluid which all turned out to be ohss (a complication of IVF) I was originally told at 5 weeks there was only 1 baby in there (I had two embryo transfer) so we were worried where the ther might be! 10 days later saw both and had a heart attack lol

Gosh! That must have been a shock! I hope your pregnancy settles down along with your health issues. I had OHSS with my son and had an early scan with suspected ectopic. (It was supposedly only 'mild' but still enough for an emergency trip to EPU and a few days in bed.) I was SO scared and convinced that I was losing this much-wanted baby - I couldn't quite believe it when it all turned out ok!

Aw thanks sizzles. It was a shock, I still am in shock now. Ohss is horrible isn't it! I think they underestimate it sometimes. Some doctors said I had it mild and some said I had it moderately. I had breathing difficulties and lots of fluid and my ovaries are still above 8cm each and 'kissing' I really do think they like to pretend things aren't as bad as they are. How are you? And when are you due?

Aw thanks sizzles. It was a shock, I still am in shock now. Ohss is horrible isn't it! I think they underestimate it sometimes. Some doctors said I had it mild and some said I had it moderately. I had breathing difficulties and lots of fluid and my ovaries are still above 8cm each and 'kissing' I really do think they like to pretend things aren't as bad as they are. How are you? And when are you due?

Oh, I didn't have breathing difficulties: free fluid, intense pain and sickness as a result. Don't know how big my ovaries were.
Any way, I'm due 20th November with my miracle baby. We were fortunate with my son to be successful on our first round of IVF. We then had a natural pregnancy just over a year ago, which ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. 2 failed FETs last Autumn, left us with no frozen embies, so either self-funded IVF or another miracle. We were set to do IVF again around about May time and then I fell pregnant. 10 weeks today so I'm hoping and praying that this one sticks!

Oh wow what a journey. You must be so drained! But miracles can happen can't they. Very happy for you and praying too for your baby. Congratulations!

Oh wow what a journey. You must be so drained! But miracles can happen can't they. Very happy for you and praying too for your baby. Congratulations!

Thanks Lana, I appreciate that. 'Drained' is definitely the word! I feel like a very un-fun mummy at the moment: don't fancy chasing and running etc. as a) I'm so tired, and b) I'm trying to protect myself and baby. I'm just hoping that once we get past our 12 week scan (2 weeks on Thursday) that I feel a bit more confident and a bit less tired and 'bleurgh'!

I am a carb-munching machine at the moment! Food in general doesn't seem appealing, but my one go-to food which I feel comfortable with the idea of is potatoes... or sometimes bread, but mostly potatoes. For lunch I had potato salad with a cheese baguette (not a whole one) and half an avocado to attempt to even things out. Was planning jacket potato for dinner too! :wacko:

Pregnancy itching... My 'bump' is itchy and I've scratched it so it looks like I have a rash, but it wasn't there prior to scratching. Also my shins itch. Don't think it's one of the evil pregnancy things (can't remember their tricky names) as my hands and feet don't itch. So who else is suffering with this and what are you doing to combat it?

Sizzles my boobs are itchy! I've been putting extra lotion &#10084;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->