Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Congrats, Ourmiracle, and Ask4joy!

Ask, I learned of my pregnancy with my second child days before picking up my Clomid script too! They told me there was NO WAY I was pregnant, based on how low my progesterone was...well, I was pregnant, and went on progesterone suppositories immediately, and he is now a very strong-willed and ornery 2 1/2 year-old! :hugs: I'm on the suppositories this time also, due to my history of low progesterone! I hope we ALL have sticky beans!

Congratulations Ask4Joy! That is definitely a line. I always figure if I can see them they are strong enough to celebrate because generally I am line blind.

Interesting to hear that the weeks estimator tests are discontinued in the states. I went searching for them last time I bought tests and thought I was being stupid and just missing them everywhere I looked. Good to know!

Thanks ladies! Congrats to you as well!

I woke up this morning and did another FRER and Walmart First Signal...FRER was BFN! The First Signal showed a faint line within 10 minutes or so but wasn't really darker than the last 2 days. I crawled back into bed and cried. Then an hour or so later tried again with SMU with a FRER and an equate blue dye. The blue dye showed a faint BFP right away and the FRER a very faint line within the time frame. Now I don't know what to think. Shouldn't the FRER be darker today than last night? Maybe my urine was too diluted - chugged water before bed. I've been spotting very lightly a brownish/sometimes rusty color for 5 days. AF is 4-5 days late. Guess I should go get a blood test done...on top of it all we are moving into our new house today!

Attachments

• IMG_6613.jpg
    IMG_6613.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6622.jpg
    IMG_6622.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
Ask, the only way to no for sure is beta tests, I'm sorry you are in this limbo, I know how awful it is to not being seeing increase line darkness. Make sure they check your progesterone also, you may need supplements if you are spotting!! Gl!

Pink - do you think urgent care will test progesterone? My OB's office is closed on the weekends.

I'm not sure if they will but you can call and ask if they have the ability in house and if not they can certainly send it out!!

Ask- Get qualitative beta hcg tests taken, 48 hours apart, and get your progesterone level done too. I would NOT expect to see a big progression from last night to this morning...or any at all! If you had a lot of water before bed, it very well could be diluted, and giving you false bfn's. Go to urgent care, and see if they'll order some labs, and as hard as it is to do, try to stop testing. Progression this early only happens once every other day, so try to wait longer before testing again. HTH!

Hello ladies! Would love to join.

I got a :bfp: yesterday. Was quite surprised. It wasnt planned but at the same time it wasnt unplanned either. Basically had too many complications w various birth control methods. So decided go throw it away. It took 8 or 9 cycles of diligent TTC with tracking, bbt, opks, supplements, timing the dirty perfectly for me to geg bfp with my last two. So i just [falsley] assumed the first month off BCP nothing would happen. Decided to test thinking it would be negative and AF would arrive but much to my surprise that was not the case. Got my forst :bfp: in a walmart stall :haha: it was extremly faint. I had a small amoun of light pink spotting prior to testing. So then i degided later yesterday to test :blush: and it was a darker positive line, but continued go spot a very small amount of brown. The darker line was encourarging tho, as ive had two MCs, one was a chemical. So i always need that reassurance. Unfortunately, i decided to pee on a stick again w FMU today (the other two were not FMU), and the line is even lighter than the first one i took. I still have a few brown globs here and there and now idk what to think. Rather nervous but idk how to feel...excited or scared at the thought of MCing again. Isnt it odd how even when u dont plan it, youd still get disappointed?

Yay look at all these new BFP's:happydance: November is going to be full of beautiful babies!

Wookie Im excited to see you on this thread:hugs: I follow another thread you are active on and I love your honesty and insight. It's also nice to see someone in my age group! I'm 39 and if things go well I will be 40 about 10 days post baby:thumbup: Like you I'm taking it one day at a time and staying positive.

Awww, JDsBaby, thank you! :hugs: Is it the General Chatter thread or PAL that you recognize me from? Your username does look familiar to me...is this your first baby? I've been around BnB for nearly 6 years! That's hard to believe. Looks like Guppy's got me beat on the # of posts, though...she's been here since 2009!

Guppy- Congrats! I hope you have a sticky bean in there, whether it was planned or not. :) This pregnancy wasn't exactly planned for me, either. I wanted baby #3, and genuinely was ttc for a few months last year, and then decided to quit, as I was satisfied with having the two kids we have currently - and there were a lot of other factors leading us to the decision to stop at 2 kids. Well...oopsie! LOL!!!! :happydance: Gosh, I hope there's a heartbeat on my ultrasound. I know what you mean about feeling sad, even though it wasn't planned. If I end up losing this one, I won't be able to help but be devastated.

Yay! It's good that we older 30-somethings are all still fertile turtles. :happydance: My husband, who is 5 years my senior, keeps comparing himself to Keith Richards and Mick Jagger, who continue to have babies into their 70's. Ummm...pace yourself, DH! :rofl:

Been here almost 5 years!! Seems I've got quite a bit of posts to write to catch up to you ladies :haha:

Also this was a surprise pregnancy.. birth control fail!!

Wookie it's the general chat thread, I've been reading it since it was started :blush:

This will be my second baby, my daughter is 16 years old. Last May I fell pregnant but it ended with a loss. It just made me realize how much I wanted a second so hubby and I started trying. Mick Jagger! Your hubby is hilarious :rofl: men are lucky that most of the time they can have babies that late lol although I couldn't imagine being pregnant at 70!

Justmeinlove it's awesome to have another women in her late 30s :flower: look at the three of us having babies and stuff :happydance:

Im glad i found a group of other opsies that can relate to me :rofl:
But seriously, it is soooo so different than all the other times.

How you feeling about having 4 kids. I think I've still not let it sink in that I will have 4 kids haha

Thanks ladies...trying to hold onto hope. Had blood drawn today but probably won't find anything out until Monday when my doc is back in the office. Having AF like back pain and spotting a little more today and more redder than before (but not bright red). Not feeling too optimistic unfortunately. We've been ttc our first (DH's 3rd) for a year...had a CP last June but that's it. All tests have been normal. :(

How you feeling about having 4 kids. I think I've still not let it sink in that I will have 4 kids haha

A lot better thab i figured. Now that i have 3, i figure 4 isnt much different. My concerns are more practical...like how the heck am i fitting four kids in my prius lol but also, DB has three of his own, and ive gotten pretty used to the weekends he has them and we have all six, so im aure that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->