That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Anna Purna

Very cautiously PAL!
Reaction score
Does anyone else find day1, day 5, or even day 9 to be completely unsatisfying? I'm talking about surviving that OTHER two week wait!
Not the 2WW where you symptom spot and eventually get to pee on a stick, but the one where you feel bummed about :witch: ; the 2WW where you don't have anything to talk about on the other TTC threads; the 2WW where you're either :sleep: or :wine: while waiting for the next big O.
I'm on day 9, and I am so bored of it!
If you're also on the OTWW, let me know how you're feeling and what your plans are for the next big O so that we can get through it together!

I'm not currently in the OTWW :)haha:) but I have to say I'm quite enjoying that compared to the ATWW (actuall tww). I usually have a drink or two while I'm still on AF and allow myself all that food that's banned when pregnant (hmmmm Sushi). Then around cd 7 or so we start bding as much as we can, so I feel like we're doing something towards our bfp. It's been a lot more fun since we've started to make an effort to make things romantic again. I think it's easier to divide your cycle into as many small parts as possible. AF comes - then 1 week until AF leaves (roughly) - then 1weeks until ovulation - then a week and a half until testing - then another half a week until you know for sure. Not a single tww that way...

It's such a roller coaster....I feel like the first half I'm going up the hill slowly anticipating the O day and then it happens and boom down the other side for a whole other set of emotions.

The first few days of the "other" tww are easy since I have my period but it does get boring between days 5-9. BUT there is HOPE that's what I like about that part of the TWW because you haven't O'ed yet and you still have a chance to catch the egg that month and get pregnant. On the other side of the O date it's just kind of a waiting game and whatever is done is done: There could be a miracle happening in your uterus or it could just be preparing itself for the evil witch.

Use this time to get your body ready for BDing! All the supplies at your disposal :) Plan some romantic evenings in the near future :) and join us in the December TWW when you've Oed! BABY DUST!

Day 10. Just bought some OPK's as I'm trying the SMEP for the first time this cycle. So we DO get to POAS during the OTWW!
Grandbleu: The OTWW definitely has it's benefits - a few drinks, sushi (ummmmm), nice stinky cheese...yummy! Putting more BD time in is also quite enjoyable so long as you're not stressing about it too much. I've only been trying for 3 cycles since to ectopic, so we'll see what I'm saying about that if I'm still trying a few months down the road!
Amygdala: I like how you've broken it down into just different things to wait for. It's true! However, the OTWW just sounds a little catchier, doesn't it? :p
I've just noticed that the two of you ladies are on the same DPO. Are you feeling anxious to test??? Good luck! I hope I can join you in a Pregnancy thread soon!

Anyone out there on the OTWW???

Anna, it's a deal! GrandBleu and I will go in a week and you'll join us in about 3 weeks time! :thumbup:

I have to agree with you, OTWW is quite catchy. :D

We tried the smep last month. But then I did some more reading and it seems that if your OH's sperm is ok then you have better chances bding every day. So that's what we tried this month. Of course there's no way of knowing about OH's sperm without an analysis. In our case we're assuming he's fine because we conceived first cycle the first time around. Just thought I'd mention it because from reading around here, I always thought smep is the ultimate thing to do.

Amy, hold long have you been TTC?
This is my first month trying SMEP. Before we were just Bding like mad every day, which was great! :haha: I really just wanted to try the OPK's, which I started doing last night. I think waiting for that dark line will preoccupy my worried mind, and TBH I'm not even sure if I've started ovulating again. We shall see!
I hope your TWW goes by quickly and that it is :bfp:

so i am super bummed today but relieved. af came this morning after 3 days of spotting and bfn. so at least i now know what is going on. but i never thought that we would have trouble. with my daughter, i stopped the pill and WHAMO! this time is a completely different story. i was positive after the mc and the wait that it would be no prob. i guess i was wrong. so now i sit here on day 1 yet again obsessing over a calendar. the problem is that i really dont know how long my cycle is and my husband is working out of state for about the next 2 weeks. i could still have a chance to try for december. any suggestions? i have been relying on cm and pain to show o, anybody have a better idea? thanks for letting me vent!

i agree about the thread thing!! I havent come on at all since AF arrived. It sounds awful but im just not interested anymore. Now OV is back im back on here again.
I like the "OTWW". Thats fun.

using OPKs to satisfy the POAS need is good too. I just did a OPK and got a postive made my day lol. x

I'm about to enter the otww...This time it's exciting because its all starting. It's our first month trying since my ectopic, so its all new and exciting again. I may be less enthused if it takes a few months....

thats a nice way of seeing it actually. I hope you dont need to be less enthusiastic!! I hope the next thing your excited about is being pregnant, xx

After my ectopic I had a three month wait before we could TTC again. It was such an emotional time for me, both good and bad. Bad: I felt shattered and betrayed by my body; I cried at the drop of a hat; and I hating seeing pregnant women.
Good: my husband and I grew so much closer after everything, and I felt so grateful to have such amazing friends. They all took care of me. Also, it happened at the beginning of the summer, so even though I felt so sad, there were so many things happening around me that the time passed a lot quicker than I thought it would.
When the three month wait ended was when I really started to feel like an emotional wreck. Waiting to try turned into waiting to finish AF turned into waiting to Ov turned into...well, everything suddenly felt like a wait in my life!
After finding this message board I felt reassured by reading about the fears, hopes, dreams and waits of other women. Now I don't feel as sad or as afraid. I feel hopeful again.
Greygirl: It's great that you getting back in the game with such a positive attitude! Are you planning to use any different methods (OPK's, observing CM, etc), or are you just going for it au naturelle? GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Jowing: icantdecide is right: using OPK's helps to understand your cycle a little better AND it lets us POAS! I just started using OPK's this cycle, and I only started yesterday, but I'm really looking forward to seeing that double line in a few days - I'm tired of seeing that lonely single line!!!
I have a feeling that I'm going to Ov soon, and the worst thing is that I just got a wisdom tooth removed and I look like a lop-sided chipmuck! Not very sexy! We'll just have to BD with the lights out tonight!

Hi Anna - we really are in a similar situation! How many months has it been for you now?
I'm only this positive now because of waiting 6 months. I was like you, I was emotional and suddenly 'everyone' was pregnant (my manager has just gone on maternity leave - she's due 4 days after I would have been) and that's been hard. I've only really got positive since we've decided this is the month!
I'm planning on temping, cm observation, opk....you?
I think it really helps having women in the same boat to talk to, most women I know in real life seem to pop out babies like it's the easiest thing in the world! I myself am 1 of 6!

GG:
I had a 3 month wait after methotrexate, and the is cycle #3 of trying again. When I first got pregnant it was on the first cycle, and honestly we weren't even really trying, just having unprotected sex and at that time I didn't even know about cervical mucus and ovulation twinges and all that!
I guess because it was so easy the first time that it would be easy again...not to say that 3 cycles is a long time, but I guess we all go into it thinking it's the simplest thing!
The first two cycles we just had lots of sex, but this month I'm using OPK's and trying the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) - google it.
So, you had to wait 6 months after your ectopic to TTC again? Were you given methotrexate or did you have to have surgery? How far along were you? I was 10 and a half weeks; sooooo close to the second trimester!
I was lucky in a way because the ectopic was located outside the fallopian tube, so there was no risk of losing a tube and I could get one shot of methotrexate even though I was so far along (normally ectopics are caught a lot earlier).
I'd love to hear your story, and anyone else's!

Wow, thats really far in! Mine was in the right tube, I was nearly 7 weeks gone and it almost ruptured because they didnt take me seriously in the hospital. I had emergency surgery in the end.
I didn't have to wait 6 cycles for medical reasons, but financial. My husband has just secured a permanent job so we feel set up now :)
Sorry to hear how close you were, how did they catch it in the end? It's great you've still got both tubes!
I also 'caught' first time last time, was very lucky considering I have PCOS...I'm hoping I'm as lucky again but I don't know til soon...

Sorry just to butt in again. If your not all doing it already. Go on fertility friend. It's a really good site. And the basic membership is free. It helps you temp and record cm and symptoms and gives you graphs so it's easier to spot a changed in pattern indicating ov. Good luck all of you. xxx

Thanks icantdecide :D I'm already on there and it is fabulous!

ooooh yeah!! sorry i updated that one on my phone and didnt see either of your signatures.

All this snow has froze my brain.

x

Snow? Where do you live icantdecide? I live in Montreal, and while we don't get as much snow as many other places in Canada, I'm surprised that we don't have any yet.
I do have an account on fertility friend, and while I keep track of the usual symtoms, I've never tried tracking body temperature.
GreyGirl: So glad to hear that you didn't have to lose a tube. Could you explain what POAS is for me?
I'm using dollar store OPK's, and yesterday I got the faintest line. I want a nice dark line today! I've just read on the SMEP thread that one woman was only ever getting faint lines, never the dark on indicating a surge, and she still got pregnant this month!

Snow? Where do you live icantdecide? I live in Montreal, and while we don't get as much snow as many other places in Canada, I'm surprised that we don't have any yet.
I do have an account on fertility friend, and while I keep track of the usual symtoms, I've never tried tracking body temperature.
GreyGirl: So glad to hear that you didn't have to lose a tube. Could you explain what POAS is for me?
I'm using dollar store OPK's, and yesterday I got the faintest line. I want a nice dark line today! I've just read on the SMEP thread that one woman was only ever getting faint lines, never the dark on indicating a surge, and she still got pregnant this month!

Tracking the body temperature is a really good way of seeing what's going on :)
I did have to lose a tube, I only have a left tube, my baby grew in the right tube.
POAS = Pee on a stick :)

Good luck for a dark line! I only count lines the same darkness or darker than the test line.

you should try having long cycles the 5WW is alot less fun than TOTWW :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->