That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Hey ladies. I only have a second to say hello before I rush off to work.
HELLO!
I'll write later when I get home.
Argh! There has got to be five feet of snow piled up between my front door and the street!!!!

That's a lot of snow! Places in England shut down with just 1 inch!
How are you doing today Anna?

I've been crazy busy this week, which I guess is a good thing as it makes for a good distraction from baby brain.
TONS of snow out there, it just doesn't stop, but it's pretty normal for us. My friend lived in London for two years, and she found it hilarious when it snowed and the entire city was in panic! She said there was only a dusting of snow on the ground too! Ha! Yesterday there was so much snow that I couldn't walk on the sidewalk without being up to my knees!
I'm happy to announce that I've made it through the first TWW and am now headed into the second TWW. Yes, another two weeks of waiting. I can't win!
But I followed the SMEP this month and I have a good feeling about it. This WILL be the month!
More later, I've got to head out to work.

:wave: everyone! Joining this thread if you don't mind as the ugly, nasty, blasted :witch: got me yesterday!! Currently CD2, and trying to dive right into the holidays so I don't have to think about the next couple of weeks!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:hi: Amber! Welcome to the OTWW! What are your plans for TTC this month?

GG: So, you must be on CD2 now? Congratulations on being back in the game! :thumbup:

Well, I'm officially in the original TWW - 2DPO! Another two weeks of obsessing and worrying, except now I can add symptom spotting to my list of things to do.
:muaha:

Hi Anna: good luck in the actual 2WW! hope you get your :bfp: soon!

Hi Grey: good news that your AF is finally here. Welcome to the O2WW!

Hi Amber: sorry that the :witch: got you. enjoy Christmas, and hopefully you will get your :bfp: in the new year!

As for me - the :witch: was due yesterday. not here yet, so FXd it wont come at all. however, tested on tues, and got a :bfn: so not really sure whats going on? im in limbo at the moment. will keep you updated. Have a good day! :flower:

xx

shelleney: HPT's are totally unreliable before the first day of your missed period - which would be today! I hope you get your :bfp: this week! FX'd!
:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

Thanks Anna. dont know when to do another test, coz dont want to have to see another :bfn: Might just wait for the :witch: to come instead?
xx

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

Anna: Seems we are 2 ships passing, seeing as you are headed off to the thread I just left! =-) Wishing you all the best for getting your BFP!!

Shelleney: I'm keeping my fx'd for you! Until the :witch: appears, I say we are NEVER out!!!!

My plans for this cycle:

--Continue to temp, even though I got a BFN doing it for the first time last cycle, it really helped me in learing more about my body and things to look for.
--Red grapefruit juice once we start bd'ing and adding pineapple juice during my o and immediate post-o days.
--I'm already on pre-natals, so continuing with those
--only thing I might change is buying some OPKs to make sure FF is correct on its O predictions--I just hate spending the money on those things!

Sounds like a good plan Amber!
If the :witch: does arrive, i may well be following the same plan.
Good luck to you :dust:
xx

Hey girls. Just checking in on my OTWW ladies and looking for some support.
4DPO and feeling like shit. The last couple of days I've felt super emotional, just really down and anxious. Already had a good cry this morning and kind of feel like just staying in bed and watching sappy movies. :cry:
I guess I'm worried that I'll get another :bfn: and have to do another round of the OTWW. I'm also scared that I WILL get my :bfp: only to have it be another ectopic. I don't know if I can deal with that again. :nope:
Last night was my Christmas staff party. All day at work people were excited and talking about it, and asking if I was ready to get shit-faced :drunk:. I guess at X-Mas parties past I was the life of the party. :blush: Since I'm in the TWW I wasn't drinking, but did have a glass of wine in my hand all night so as to throw people off. I ended up leaving super early as I just couldn't get into it - it's so annoying to be around drunk people when you're sober!
I'm going to go for a walk, maybe do some retail therapy to cheer myself up.
How is everyone doing on their OTWW?

I guess I'm worried that I'll get another :bfn: and have to do another round of the OTWW. I'm also scared that I WILL get my :bfp: only to have it be another ectopic. I don't know if I can deal with that again. :nope:

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way. I'm scared of getting a bfn and having to wait months/years...but also I'm scared of a bfp and having another ectopic or a mc...both thoughts terrify me. I don't know how I'd cope with the emotional trauma again....but on the other hand there's a part of my trying to stay positive and think "why not?", why can't it be me this month who gets a bfp that sticks and end up with a baby in 9 months...stay strong and keep smiling :) :hugs:

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way. I'm scared of getting a bfn and having to wait months/years...but also I'm scared of a bfp and having another ectopic or a mc...both thoughts terrify me. I don't know how I'd cope with the emotional trauma again....but on the other hand there's a part of my trying to stay positive and think "why not?", why can't it be me this month who gets a bfp that sticks and end up with a baby in 9 months...stay strong and keep smiling :) :hugs:

I feel the same as both of you girls! :hugs:

Terrified of a lifetime of bfns and never being a mummy
Terrified of a bfp, followed by another ecoptic, or a miscarriage this time.
Positive and hopeful of getting a bfp and a baby that stays forever.

God, its so great to have friends who understand and feel the same way I do :hugs:
Thank you ladies!
:dust:
xx

I feel the same as both of you girls! :hugs:

Terrified of a lifetime of bfns and never being a mummy
Terrified of a bfp, followed by another ecoptic, or a miscarriage this time.
Positive and hopeful of getting a bfp and a baby that stays forever.

God, its so great to have friends who understand and feel the same way I do :hugs:
Thank you ladies!
:dust:
xx

That's why sites like this are great. No one in my 'real life' has been through the same so they can smile and say they understand, but they don't. It's so lovely to have people here that really understand and who are there to encourage when it's hard and rejoice when it goes well :)

I'm still in the OTWW, CD5...af over, is it every other day we should :sex: or is that too often? I heard every other day :sex: was better than every day to give the :spermy: a chance to regroup??

Hi Grey.
If you read up on the SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) it will give you great advice on how often to :sex: and at what time during your cycle. also lots of other great advice (link below)
im following a couple of tips from it, just not everything. want :sex: to still be fun and not a chore :laundry::iron::dishes: haha.
Good luck! :thumbup:
xx

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Well - I'm in the OTWW...I will try so hard this cycle so hopefully to begin the new year with a BIG FAT POSITIVE and a BIG FAT SMILE! :happydance: Trying to be hopeful again...already had my cry yesterday so here's to PMA and making babies! :)

Good for you, Grandbleu!
im not officially here, just loitering :blush:
think i may be here in the next few days though.
Hope your PMA sees you through the holidays! :hugs:
xx

Hi Grey.
If you read up on the SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) it will give you great advice on how often to :sex: and at what time during your cycle. also lots of other great advice (link below)
im following a couple of tips from it, just not everything. want :sex: to still be fun and not a chore :laundry::iron::dishes: haha.
Good luck! :thumbup:
xx

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Thank you :) A lot of that makes sense, hope it works! Do you know anyone who's had success on it?

:hugs:Grandbleu::hugs:
I think I'm going to stalk your chart a bit, since you've offered. What are your plans for this cycle? How are you going to do things differently in order to get your :bfp:? I'm rooting for you! P.S. What is PMA? I'm so bad with all these acronyms! :blush:
shelleney:
What DPO are you and when do you plan to test? I'm 5DPO (I think), and I'm going to try to be strong and not test until AF is late. :rofl: yeah, right! :rofl:
So, I shouldn't test until the 24th, but I'm sure I'll be POAS before then!
GreyGirl:
I tried the SMEP this cycle, and I'd say the best thing about it for me was using OPK's in order to better know when I would O. I think I might've been doing :sex: marathons too early in previous cycles!
I don't know if you could do SMEP for too many cycles in a row, though, as I could see it ruining the spontinaeity of sex.
Also, you have to think about whether to tell your baby daddy about the plan or not. I've read on the SMEP thread that some men don't like thinking about the planning part, but I decided to tell my husband and I'm glad I did!
On Ov night I came home very late and was exhausted, not in the mood at all, but he knew that night was important and insisted on BDing! If we hadn't :sex: that night I would've been so angry at myself, but honestly I just couldn't bring myself to seduce him! :haha:

I feel a bit better than I did yesterday...although I haven't even left my bed yet! :coffee: Yesterday I was an emotional wreck. :cry: Of course, the symptom spotter that I am, I've decided that this moodiness counts as a symptom of me being knocked up! Only 10 days left until testing! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->