• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 10 Downing Street FB page

I got in the most ridiculous argument on there last night, like how does hanging a criminal and TELEVISING IT do anything to prevent a culture of violence?! Fucking hell. All I kept thinking of is that Winston Churchill quote "the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" :haha:

That is the best quote ever!!!

Most people who voted tory now hate them so it doesn't surprise me!

Although someone made a very valid point about the price of Freddos the other day. :neutral:

Hahahaha.

I have written about this earlier. People on my fb keep liking these comments :nope: there was one the other day about the fact that 'now this paedophile has been charged, lets hang him' (paraphrasing here obviously, or maybe not so obviously). So they want him dead (little bit ironic) as they decided he is guilty but they also decided he is a paedophile :wacko:

Someone just addressed the PM as the big shot up there, and asked the chances of the PM getting him a job :rofl:

:shock: :shock:

I think it's time the government came up with a GPS tracking device that's implanted into a child from birth that way if a child is taken or goes missing then the police will be able to track the child via satellite this would make peodaphiles think twice about taking a child or if a child goes missing they could be tracked and found with in minutes this would prevent the heart ache of the parents such as april jones Madeleine mc cann and all the other children that have gone missing over the years I really think this should be done we chip our pets we can track our mobile phones if there stolen why not our children ?? After all there the most precious things in the world we should Beable to protect them aswell :,(

My favourite is the guy who had the fantastic solution to ending the recession: just print more money. WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA WHY DID NO ONE THINK OF IT SOONER??
They did. His name was Hitler. And we saw how that ended!

I think it's time the government came up with a GPS tracking device that's implanted into a child from birth that way if a child is taken or goes missing then the police will be able to track the child via satellite this would make peodaphiles think twice about taking a child or if a child goes missing they could be tracked and found with in minutes this would prevent the heart ache of the parents such as april jones Madeleine mc cann and all the other children that have gone missing over the years I really think this should be done we chip our pets we can track our mobile phones if there stolen why not our children ?? After all there the most precious things in the world we should Beable to protect them aswell :,(

:wacko::wacko: holy moly!!

Fucking hell that is terrifying. Do people not think about the implications of this stuff?! Some of the posts about immigrants are absolutely disgusting too.

Ive 'liked' the page to read what you guys are on about and its horrible.

The immingrant stuff is awful...But i can take stangers and there bull crap views, but its horrible when people from this forum share the same views.

Ive had a bit of a cull to reflect my disgust.

But that goes on to the whole human rights thing, CCTV cameras, ID cards, micro chipping ect. I rember a thread a while back, can't think what section it was in on how people were infringing on privacy and human rights if you started micro chipping .. Big brother; 1984 blah blah but 100% if I could micro chips children I would. This sort of thing terrifies me as I would any parent but the fear of never getting them back... I'm not sure i could live with it. I can't see any negative point or valid one if this girl had one. ... Now come on peeps, I'm sure there's someone who'd like to disagree!!

Sorry that was a bit garbled, I was typing really fast before the wholesalers closed, the shutters were coming down!!

But statistically, the risk of being kidnapped/abused/murdered by a stranger are so low, I think it is more damaging to treat children like cattle and instill fear and paranoia in them from such a young age. To me it is completely disturbing to even consider. Until what age would you consider a microchip necessary?

But that goes on to the whole human rights thing, CCTV cameras, ID cards, micro chipping ect. I rember a thread a while back, can't think what section it was in on how people were infringing on privacy and human rights if you started micro chipping .. Big brother; 1984 blah blah but 100% if I could micro chips children I would. This sort of thing terrifies me as I would any parent but the fear of never getting them back... I'm not sure i could live with it. I can't see any negative point or valid one if this girl had one. ... Now come on peeps, I'm sure there's someone who'd like to disagree!!

I have to say I don't think it's a good idea because it would be possible to be removed and that could just bring more pain to the child.

Like with cats and dogs it is in the back of their neck and would be super easy to cut out imagine if you try and put it in a child in a place that is not so easy to get at and someone wants to get it out fast the pain that child is going to go through!

And you could say well don't tell people where in the body it is but would you have something like that put into your child not knowing where it is? Or if you had a few places it could be then the person trying to get it out would just cut them until they find it.

Sorry but no thanks.

On my phone so hope that makes sense.

But statistically, the risk of being kidnapped/abused/murdered by a stranger are so low, I think it is more damaging to treat children like cattle and instill fear and paranoia in them from such a young age. To me it is completely disturbing to even consider. Until what age would you consider a microchip necessary?

I was about to post exactly this. Most kids are taken / harmed by those close to them and the fear of abductions is only heightened to paranoia by the way and the numbers of them reported in the press. If you think about the April Jones case, we had about 2 or 3 days solid about the fact she had been taken and the assumption was it was a bad man just out looking for a child, when in reality it was nothing of the sort. Of course a microchip would help them find her, but would it have been in time? Of course if it were my child I'd want them found immediately, but looking at the wider question I think I'd rather society didn't go down that route.

The age thing is key too. When does it come out? 10? 16? 18? If my 20 year old went missing I'd still want to find her immediately, but there is no way one could justify chipping a 20 year old. Then there is the problem of children being involved in crime. If Thompson and Venebles had been chipped, would it have been acceptable for their movements to have been tracked using that? I'm thinking its a can of worms I'd rather not open. And without sounding too much of a luddite, we've had abductions for decades, the number hasn't increased and we've managed no to lose massive numbers of children over that time, I see no need for technology to take over.

Forever!!!?? And what do you call low? There's 100s of kids that go missing all the time , you just never hear about them. I,m not sure it treats them like cattle... I'd say the murderer has been the one doing this!
I don't know, but when I think of this little girl being out there somewhere it makes my heart sink and I cannot think on a rational level because I can't stop the feeling of how I'd feel if they were mine.
I'm sorry if that disturbs you or makes you feel as if I'm some idiotic uneducated daily mail reader!

wtf who would want to actually be microchipped? Thats human control at its worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->