The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Hi Lisa, I liked it so will be going back again. I don't really know if it will make any difference but it's worth a shot I guess. I was thinking of going for acupuncture but as it involves needles, I want to be sure I find a decent one.

Yeah I'm willing to try reflexology but def not acupuncture. I don't imagine that being relaxing at all, even though needles don't bother me. Haha.

Rae - Thanks for the update. Don't apologize for the book, I love the details. I'm so glad there's a plan and you're on the ivf list. Must be overwhelming and scary, but comforting to know that you're doing something and not sitting around wasting time and being upset. I can't wait for you to be blessed with the baby that you very much deserve. Im so glad that your hubby is on board with all the procedures, I'm sure there are lots of guys out there who would act tough and not agree to any of that. So you'll have to choose a donor sperm, like they do on tv (haha) by going through lists of their info and all that?

I'm definitely glad hubby is willing to go through all this. It is just a very trying time emotionally. Hubby is taking it all hard and his way of dealing with it is to shut down while I'm one to want to talk through all our scenarios. Thankfully, we went bowling last night after our appointment to get his mind off things and to boost his ego :) From what I've looked into about a sperm donor it works exactly like that. You can also send in a picture of your hubby for them to try and match closest for the donor.

Oh that's pretty neat!!

I just got finished buying a baby shower gift online. I can't even bring myself to go into Babies R Us, I'd rather pay shipping. The shower is in 2 weeks, for some girl I've never even met...it's my cousin's girlfriend, and pretty sure she got pregnant accidentally, they've been together less than a year. That's going to be a hard shower to sit through! :nope:

Lisa- If it upsets you, I say dont go. I dont think its horrible to not attend these things, you can still send a gift and make your good wishes. Main thing is to take are of you.

Lisa- If it upsets you, I say dont go. I dont think its horrible to not attend these things, you can still send a gift and make your good wishes. Main thing is to take are of you.

I guess I'm still sort of undecided. I was going mostly to keep my mom company, although my aunts are going too. I could send the present with my mom if I decide not to go. I said something about it to my sister and she made some joke...she's younger and just doesn't get how hard it would be for me to go!!

Lisa, I feel for you. This year I had two cousins accidentally get their girlfriends pregnant. We all love the babies to death but it was definitely hard going through the "whoops" pregnancies when I knew we were still trying and getting no where.

I can't wait for my shower. It's so close to St Patty's day weekend tho so some of the places I want to rent its hard to get into because people are doing get togethers.

Lisa and MK - How are things? I guess we're all still in the waiting game. So much waiting in this journey...it's about to drive me nuts.

I think maybe AF wasn't really here for me. I had 3 days of what I'm calling spotting now since it was so light I didn't need anything all day other than a pantyliner. So....still waiting for this cycle to end, not that it really matters. Hubby and I both went for blood tests yesterday and they drew 4 vials for me and 5 for him. We have to wait for 3 weeks for the results but that should let us know if I'm all clear for IVF and help us determine the likelihood of finding sperm for hubby. Praying we get good news for him since he's finally starting to show how much he really wants to be the biological father. My arm is all bruised up from the blood draw...guess during IVF when I have to have it done almost every day that I'll look like some drug addict :shrug:

Hey girls. Not much going on with me. Cd 5, day #3 of Clomid. Just waiting patiently for O. :coffee: Will start BD every other night next week.

How's everyone else??

Lisa and MK - How are things? I guess we're all still in the waiting game. So much waiting in this journey...it's about to drive me nuts.

I think maybe AF wasn't really here for me. I had 3 days of what I'm calling spotting now since it was so light I didn't need anything all day other than a pantyliner. So....still waiting for this cycle to end, not that it really matters. Hubby and I both went for blood tests yesterday and they drew 4 vials for me and 5 for him. We have to wait for 3 weeks for the results but that should let us know if I'm all clear for IVF and help us determine the likelihood of finding sperm for hubby. Praying we get good news for him since he's finally starting to show how much he really wants to be the biological father. My arm is all bruised up from the blood draw...guess during IVF when I have to have it done almost every day that I'll look like some drug addict :shrug:

Ugh that sucks. I hope you can start a fresh new cycle soon. Glad things are moving in the right direction, but all that bloodwork doesn't sound fun. Though you did give me a good laugh with your "drug addict" comment. :haha:

Yeah, blood tests are the least of my worries. I'm freaking out a little over knowing I'll have to be on injectables. To think...I was terribly afraid of needles before this whole mess started and now I'm going to be giving them to myself.

Oh, did you do injectables too Kendra? That is the only part that is freaking me out now. I've gotten to be ok with the nurses giving me shots and the blood draws since I've had so many with testing this year but I'm still pretty nervous about giving myself the injections. I know I'll be able to do it since this is the path to our baby but...I'm still really nervous about it.

Not injectibles that way but I get regular vitamin injections since my body isn't too good at pulling vitamins from the foods I eat. I used to hate needles as well besides when I would get tattoos. Now I don't even think about it. I was getting one a week for a while and then now its been once a month for years, but when I go get blood drawn and things like that its a piece of cake. I get them in my side though. Not sure where you would get yours?

We haven't gone over everything with the RE yet but from the info pack they gave us and the IVF section of their website it looks like they'll be mostly in my stomach beforehand and then switch to intramuscular in the butt after the transfer. Its the intramuscular ones that worry me the most. I haven't had good experiences with the times I've gotten a tetanus shot and they're intramuscular too...plus the needle is like 2-3 inches long or something. Its scarey looking. I'm sure I'll be fine knowing that it'll all lead to our baby (hopefully) but right now I'm definitely a little wary.

Good luck Rae and hope that after you do one, the rest will seem like a piece of cake. You're fab for being so proactive. Hope 2012 is the tr you become a mama!

Hope everybody else is doing ok. I just saw my doc who told me to take clomid for one more cycle if this month (cycle 3 on clomid) doesn't work. After that, hopefully I will return with bfp news, but if not, he will refer me for an hsg- finally!!!!!!!!

Great news MK! At least you're finally getting an action plan. Hopefully you won't even need the hsg and this month will be it for you

So I had that baby shower today. It was ok, got teary eyed a few times during presents when she opened cute little outfits, but kept it together and no one noticed. :dohh: So I thought they've been together like a year, come to find out they've been together since May. She's due Feb 28th. Go ahead...do the math. Yup, my thoughts exactly. :growlmad:

Wow sorry you had to go through that Lisa. Luckily for me, all the baby showers for my friends and family are done with for now. I've decided to refocus my energy on getting our house all fixed up. We did part of it and took a break for the holidays so now that I'm in a waiting game I need something to keep my mind from obsessing. (Easier said than done)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->