The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

My little man is 2 weeks old today! In some ways it feels like each individual day drags on and on, and then altogether it feels like its totally flown!

The Dr's are very pleased with his weight gain- they want the baby to be at birth weight again by 2 weeks old. By 10 days he was 2.5 ounces over birth weight and today at 2 weeks he is 5.5 ounces over birth weight, at 7lbs 1 oz :)

As for me, I tried very hard to breast feed, after a few days it was obvious that I wasn't producing as much as the little guy wanted and he and I would sit up all night being so frustrated with everything. Gradually I was supplementing formula and finally two days ago I pulled the plug on breast feeding. I attribute his awesome weight gain to the formula. Honestly, my theory is if baby is happy and mom is happy, that there is going to do more good for this child than the bond of breastfeeding, especially when it isn't really a bond when both mom and baby are irritable, tired and stressed. My demeanor and attitude has changed a 180 since I went to formula and it allows dad and grandma more freedom to come and help me out when I need a break and we don't have to work our lives around each feeding.

I'm glad I stopped when I did because I haven't totally ruined the idea of breast feeding. When we try for another I will give it another go. If I would have tried for a few more weeks I could have ended up hating it so much that I wouldn't have given my future children a go at it. Luckily I found a lot of support on BnB for mothers who gave up on breast feeding for whatever reason (I haven't pumped or breast fed in over 24 hours and I'm not even engorged, just a little sore, which means I am really not producing anything at all) and my family supports me 100%. I have had a few snarky people make comments about formula feeding but honestly I gave him my colustrum when he was first born which is the best stuff for him, and when I get really engorged I will manually pump enough to take the pain away and maybe have some stored to give him a breast milk bottle every now and then. But I am happy with my choice.

Had a mad panic today! On the train to work I was looking a pinterest and tormenting myself with the baby pics etc on there. And I must have accidentally clicked on the follow button of one of them! A few minutes later I got a text from my friend, who knows we are ttc , saying it has appeared on Facebook that I am following someone called babytime! I went into mad panic mode to try and delete it but I couldn't! Ended up have to deauthorise my account.
I am now just praying my sister in laws didn't see it! As they have no idea we are ttc and neither to other halfs parents.
I'm now going to see how long I can go without Facebook....And fingers crossed no one else saw it, not exactly how I wanted to announce to the world that we have been ttc for 18 months.

Hey kendra- well done for trying breast feeding and well done for making a decision to opt for formula- I think there's do much pressure to breast feed but totally agree with you- whatever works overall us key. Glad the little guy is gaining weight.

Chat- I'm sorry honey, I'm always petrified of that also so understand your worry. I'm sure not many people saw your profile as people are at work. So you followed someone's story? Tbh, I'm petrified people will find out I'm TTC and I'm a lot more worried about my father in laws bitchy gf and sis in law funding out. But I think most people can guess we are trying. I guess it's no big deal that people know snd sometimes I wonder if telling done people will make things easier as the support comes flying out and the stupid qs an comments about when we r having a baby falls. Hopefully you're feeling better now.

Chat - I'm with MK, I'm sure there wasn't much damage done and you can always say it was an accident or you left your account logged in and it clicked something random. Totally play it off.

MK - I can confirm that it is a relief to have our family know. We told our parents and had them spread it around when we found out we were dealing with some real fertility issues. I had my mom make sure to tell everyone that we didn't want to talk about it we just wanted their support and prayers. It was such a relief to stop hearing all the "when are you guys going to have kids?". We were in a very fragile state when hubby first got diagnosed and I would have to excuse myself so I wouldn't fall apart in front of everyone. It is really nice now to not have to deal with that and to know they are silently supporting us. But, that is a very personal choice. Our family is just really close so it was hard to keep hiding it.

I'm still waiting for AF but I started cramping today. Should be here by the end of the week...it just feels like forever.

My mum and dad know, but my in laws don't. They are not great at sharing anything, and when I mention telling them to OH he gets annoyed. But I am hoping after our first FS appointment he will say something to them, I think it's unfair that my family know and his doesnt. And I imagine I will tell work at some point but trying to hold off on that one!

On another note af is due today but my boobs usually start hurting a week before its due, and at the moment they don't! So I will prob be late!

Or pregnant chat!!!!

Interesting one about telling work. I have decided I won't, even if I need treatment. Despite what they say, it will affect promotion, pay rise etc and as I will need to self fund any treatment (if required), I'm keeping zipped!

My boobs hurt... Sigh. So early this time too- 5dpo. I wonder if af will come early.

I'm only going to tell my team leader as we are friends aswell. If we do have to go the ivf route then I need to think about work stress aswell so I might news some responsibilities taken off me. But we shall see!
Very much doubt I will get a bfp this month only bd'd once this month! And have no idea if it was during my fertile time.

So we're all in the time of sore boobs! Mine have been sore for the last two days.
I'm hoping not to have to tell work. I'll have to take some days off for IVF but I don't want to have to explain to everyone if this cycle fails. It'll be hard enough to deal with. Not sure what my excuse will be yet but I'll have to come up with something.

My boobs are sore but only cause they're confused why I'm not breast feeding anymore LOL. I'm right there with you ladies :)

Hey fellow sore boobies crew!

Rae- how much time off is required for ivf?

I don't have the official calendar yet but I know at least 1 day for the egg retrieval and then 1 day either 3 days later or 5 days later for the embryo transfer. I'll also have a week of monitoring blood tests and ultrasounds but they do those early morning so I'm hoping I can get into work on time or at the least a few minutes late. I made it back on time when I had to go for my day 3 ultrasound but that was just the ultrasound and not both. I'm sure there will be a few appointments in the next month too since I have to turn in our consent forms and go in for injection training at some point.

Wow that's alot! Think I would def have to tell work if we had to go ivf route! No way could I get all that time off without telling them why. My work are pretty good so imagine management would be ok about it..... But yeah I wouldn't want the whole office to know just in case it didn't work.
Rae- any update on when u think u will start the process?

Thanks for the info Rae. Are the bloods done before the egg retrieval or between egg retrieval and embryo transfer? I am hoping I get the miraculous BFP on my own soon, but if not, I think I need to plan - I will have to pay for IVF so need to know costings and time off work etc. I am pretty sure I do not want to tell work so I will need to take time off. It's such a pain though as I will need to go to the hospital local to me for all scans and tests. I do not think that they have appointments until 9am and it takes me over an hr to get to work so I will need to take the week off for the monitoring I think. Sigh. Best of luck to you though. When is your next appointment?

Chat- how are you doing?

The blood and ultrasound monitoring is in the week leading up to egg retrieval. It is so they know when your follicles are maturing so you can time the trigger shot right and they can collect the eggs before you ovulate.

I start as soon as AF shows but she's playing hard to get for now. I thought my temps would have started dropping by now.

I'm doing ok mk. Still waiting on af to show but still no sore boobs!! I'm booked in for my six monthly smear next week so I have no doubt af will wait until then to show its ugly head so I have to cancel! This time next week I will also be " looking forward" to my FS appointment!!!!!!!!

You must be happy to atleast be getting somewhere rae! Hope the next couple of weeks go smoothly for you! Xx

Chat - I think my annual is scheduled some time next month. I cannot for the life of me find where I might have written down when it is. So, I'll probably end up having to cancel too since I may be in the midst of an IVF cycle.

The blood and ultrasound monitoring is in the week leading up to egg retrieval. It is so they know when your follicles are maturing so you can time the trigger shot right and they can collect the eggs before you ovulate.

I start as soon as AF shows but she's playing hard to get for now. I thought my temps would have started dropping by now.

Ahhh so do you go for scans every day Rae?

When is af due?

I'm doing ok mk. Still waiting on af to show but still no sore boobs!! I'm booked in for my six monthly smear next week so I have no doubt af will wait until then to show its ugly head so I have to cancel! This time next week I will also be " looking forward" to my FS appointment!!!!!!!!

You must be happy to atleast be getting somewhere rae! Hope the next couple of weeks go smoothly for you! Xx

You're due this weekend right? Hmmm I'm hoping you're a case of "got my bfp when I was waiting for fs appt"!!!! Staying hopeful for you chat!

As for me, my boobs hurt. But think they're subsiding- case of af arriving soon. But strangely still hopeful!

I've heard different things about the scans. Some say every day some say every other day. I guess I'll know more once we actually get started. My temp dropped today so hopefully AF will be here tomorrow! I might call my nurse tomorrow anyway since I don't know who I'll need to speak to if AF shows on Saturday instead since my nurse won't be in to give me instructions.

No I'm on day 31 so am now late, but I've gone up to day 36 before so not getting my hopes up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->