The BFP Annoucement Sticky - Guidelines

Congrats chickenchaser! Was just checking in on the sticky to see if any ladies that were in my previous tests months got their BFPS. So happy to see you got yours!!

Congrats too Starship and La Bergere (loved your story! made me tear up a bit)

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hello ladies,
I have loitered here a few times but not posted, I am 36 years old and mother to one 4 year old. We decided to try for number 2 as I was getting more concerned my age may make things more difficult for us to conceive. We had been trying for around 8 months when I got my lovely BFP on Tuesday. An online calculator predicts Xmas eve as my EDD, and we are absolutely thrilled.
Just wrote this post to let others know that us 'oldies' can still have it in us :)

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/nikkijellybelly/P4180841_zps8a9a5ed3.jpg

* In my haste I spelled Miracle wrong lol

Yay congrats, this thread has been WAY too quiet for WAY too long!

OMG :wohoo:

our first FET cycle
beta 1 12dp3dt 222
beta 2 14dp3dt 610

When the nurse called to give me the second beta today I burst out crying. She said "no no 610 is a very good number!" I replied sobbing like crazy " I *sniffle* know *sniff* I`m just so *sniffle* haaaaaapppyyyy!!" she started laughing.

It`s been a crazy 18 month journey. Please stick little one. EDD dec. 25th.

Attachments

• ye2.jpg
    ye2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello ladies,
I have loitered here a few times but not posted, I am 36 years old and mother to one 4 year old. We decided to try for number 2 as I was getting more concerned my age may make things more difficult for us to conceive. We had been trying for around 8 months when I got my lovely BFP on Tuesday. An online calculator predicts Xmas eve as my EDD, and we are absolutely thrilled.
Just wrote this post to let others know that us 'oldies' can still have it in us :)

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/nikkijellybelly/P4180841_zps8a9a5ed3.jpg

Congrats! I'm 34 and feel like time is running out! We are WTT until June but your story gives me hope!

Hello ladies,

Congrats! I'm 34 and feel like time is running out! We are WTT until June but your story gives me hope!

Aww I'm so pleased, that was the idea of me posting it. I really thought I'd 'missed the boat' so to speak, but we are over the moon, if not anxious lol xXx

Hello ladies,

I'm 36 and felt like time was running out too- then I was pregnant the month after I stopped my birth control pills. So you never know! I did chart my temps and used OPK sticks, I wasn't leaving anything up to chance.

Hello all,

First time posting, but I have been lurking around these parts for a couple months, soaking up information and experience. Many thanks. My husband and I are trying for our first (my first and his first). Me 37, him almost 42. I've a tendency toward anxiety and once we made the decision to TTC, all the things I've heard about declining fertility after 35 really started to do a number on my head. I feel incredibly lucky to announce that I got two positive results this morning. It's early, AF expected 16-18th, but I believe I am 13DPO. I was a bit shocked by the first one, clear but faint on a cheap dip stick, so I immediately pulled out the FRER that I bought but never used last month. Waiting for my husband to wake so I can share the news.

This was our 2nd cycle TTC, first time using OPK. Got a positive for LH surge on CD12, earlier than predicted based on my cycle length. I'm going to try my best to stay positive, and hope for a viable, healthy pregnancy going forward. And I'll probably continue to lurk and occasionally post here if you don't mind.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner.
-K

Congratulations! I'm 36 and got a BFP on our 2nd cycle too- what a surprise! 34 weeks now and counting!

Hello all,

First time posting, but I have been lurking around these parts for a couple months, soaking up information and experience. Many thanks. My husband and I are trying for our first (my first and his first). Me 37, him almost 42. I've a tendency toward anxiety and once we made the decision to TTC, all the things I've heard about declining fertility after 35 really started to do a number on my head. I feel incredibly lucky to announce that I got two positive results this morning. It's early, AF expected 16-18th, but I believe I am 13DPO. I was a bit shocked by the first one, clear but faint on a cheap dip stick, so I immediately pulled out the FRER that I bought but never used last month. Waiting for my husband to wake so I can share the news.

This was our 2nd cycle TTC, first time using OPK. Got a positive for LH surge on CD12, earlier than predicted based on my cycle length. I'm going to try my best to stay positive, and hope for a viable, healthy pregnancy going forward. And I'll probably continue to lurk and occasionally post here if you don't mind.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner.
-K
Congratulations! In the middle of my 2nd cycle right now. Hope I can follow in your footsteps :)

Thanks, MrsJP. I feel like I've entered another two week wait. First hurdle cleared but more to follow. But it is a relief to some extent to know that I can conceive. I have friends whose first pregnancy ended with a blighted ovum but who are now 25 weeks and my cousin just gave birth at 27 weeks! Best wishes for a happy and healthy birth.

Good luck Mapleroo! Starting out, I kept reminding myself that it could take 6 months and that would be completely normal. And yet, when it didn't happen the first month I was still disappointed. This cycle, I kept telling myself that I wasn't pregnant so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I decided I would test on 14DPO, and I almost made it. I broke down early because I did have some symptoms that made me suspicious. My nipples were tender, which isn't all that unusual, but I noticed it quite early compared to my normal cycle. And then for two days my legs just ached for no reason that I could discern. So I suspected something new was up with my body.

Thanks, MrsJP. I feel like I've entered another two week wait. First hurdle cleared but more to follow. But it is a relief to some extent to know that I can conceive. I have friends whose first pregnancy ended with a blighted ovum but who are now 25 weeks and my cousin just gave birth at 27 weeks! Best wishes for a happy and healthy birth.

Good luck Mapleroo! Starting out, I kept reminding myself that it could take 6 months and that would be completely normal. And yet, when it didn't happen the first month I was still disappointed. This cycle, I kept telling myself that I wasn't pregnant so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I decided I would test on 14DPO, and I almost made it. I broke down early because I did have some symptoms that made me suspicious. My nipples were tender, which isn't all that unusual, but I noticed it quite early compared to my normal cycle. And then for two days my legs just ached for no reason that I could discern. So I suspected something new was up with my body.

I have 3 kids but all conceived in my 20's and first month of trying. The odds scare me a bit now considering I am almost 36. But I am lucky however that I already have a family and if it isn't to be that we have more then I still consider myself very blessed. It is nice to hear that just because we are older doesn't mean it is impossible. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy :hugs:

Hello ladies,

Aww I'm so pleased, that was the idea of me posting it. I really thought I'd 'missed the boat' so to speak, but we are over the moon, if not anxious lol xXx

I see you are expecting twins!!! WOW congratulations!! I can not even imagine :) I wish you a wonderful pregnancy :hugs:

Hello ladies,

I see you are expecting twins!!! WOW congratulations!! I not even imagine :) I wish you a wonderful pregnancy :hugs:

Thank you so much! Apparently us older mummies stand more chance of conceiving twins :) Saw the heartbeats last Wednesday, can't wait for my nuchal scan to see them again! xXx

I've finally decided to post my BFP. For a while I didn't think anyone would care but a plea from a TTCer on the pregnancy boards reminded me how much I would have cared when I was TTC!

I'm 38 with discouraging numbers (AMH essential zero) so I decided to be aggressive. After trying for 6 months with a fussy 43 year old boyfriend (who avoided all things sex related so I had to be creative with softcups, etc), I decided to ditch his drama and get a donor. I was first time lucky with injectibles and an IUI with donor sperm! I had taken the supplements all the lovely ladies in here suggested (CoQ10, DHEA, Vitamin D3, and prenatals) as well.

I'm grateful to all the lovely ladies on these boards with their support and advice. I worry that I'll lose my little monkey on a near daily basis but know that I'm very lucky so far. Hope to see you all soon on the pregnancy boards!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->